Global Warming

Started by Fantasist, January 10, 2008, 10:27:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

Earth will die indefinitely upon that day, and my Soul shall weep if it makes it to then.

Fantasist

sigh... we should stop global warming when there's nothing we can do to effect it? Did you guys know that global warming actually promotes vegetation? Ulta, I had your views on Earth some time ago, the time when I decided to dedicate my life to bringing awareness and I actually forned a group of friends. Sure I was a kid, but I was really moved. That zeal made me research more and I came to the conclusion that there's no reason we should care, and in fact, we should be (dare I say) 'selfish'. Earth is not as motherly as you put it, it's awesome, magnificent, complex andd far beyond our comprehension. We think about preserving nature, while we forget that the same 'nature' is just like us, ruthlesly modifying it's surroundings to its advantage. That IS nature. We don't need to worry about Earth half as much as we need to worry about oourselves. Not because there's going to be a doom's day or an other ice age, because of what Bliz said so simply:
QuoteI think, even though the air pollution might not really contribute to global warming, I still think people should reduce it. The reasons are simple: Have you seen how Chicago looked like from the far in the 90s? It was covered in a smoke fog (smog). =/ Imagine how many people can get problems and even deseases with breathing. =/

That's EXACTLY my opinion. Preventing pollution and thinking "we're saving the planet" or "we're paying our price to mother Earth" is ridiculuous. We do what we do for ourselves, for our survival, our flourishing, because no matter what we say, we ARE a part of nature and we have the desire to flourish, not just survive.

Some quotes I came up with:

"Earth doesn't need cocky monkeys (that's humans :D)"
"We're just idiots to worry about affecting the planet, of course we are, just like every other living and non-living thing on Earth"
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Vell

I, am Atheist, and on an almost daily basis people ask me, 'if you dont believe in god, what do you believe in?' my response: 'my own views that I've come up with, views that I could explain to you, but would take a long time, time I dont have, I've chosen to create my own ideas, and expand upon those with new knowledge, instead of blindly following the ideas and laws others have set for us, you say I'll go to hell for not believing in god? well fine, believe that, and when your soul shatters and is taken in by the Abyss and used to fuel its own desires before mine, I'll be laughing.' altho sometimes i just say the parts up until 'laws other have set for us'

Galatea

Nice nice, both of you.  ;D

Fantasist

I think in similar lines Ulta, but a bit different about 'Abyss' and like. I believe in one thing: Giving myself time to discover my true stance. I'm an athiest, but I feel I should think furthur and find answers to some questions that have been bothering me from a very young age. Anyway, back on topic, can anyone dig out the advantages of Global Warming?

Offtopic:
Spoiler: ShowHide
@Galatea:
QuoteHey, its good to create a rpg which the story is about Global Warming.
What do you think? ( Oh no, off topic again! Sorry! )

I already tried during when I was a 'kid'. I did so seriously, I decided to make an RPG in Gamemaker which is a pain in the ass, and I actually gathered sprites for the characters. Maybe I should revive that project? B)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Vell

meh, The Abyss is part of my beliefs, it acts in conjunction with the Restorative Plain, and the Cleansing Plain, the three are linked and serve similar purposes, however, thats offtopic.

anyway, meh, I dont know anything about Global Warming, so i cant say anytin bout negative or positive effects/aftereffects.

at one point humanity will believe they have the ability to lengthen the Earth's and the Sun's lifespan. UGH!

Sally

it might just be a cycle in the world,

do som reaserch. i might do some later.

Vell

no i wont, it doesnt interest me enough.

Nortos

I'm an aethiest and people don't come up to me everyday and say what do you believe in lol. Anyway back on topic, it will probably be possible to lengthen stars spans in future there already doing that with certain types of matter and elements ect

Vell

GREAT! JUST GREAT! NEXT THING U KNOW YOULL BE ABLE TO SPEND FIFTY BUCKS TO INCREASE YOUR LIFESPAN BY TEN YEARS! and make your entire physical wellbeing be increased by tenfold.

Nortos

well actually pples average life spans have increased in the past one hundred years due to better medicine and knowledge >.>

Vell

i know that, but im saying its ridiculous, soon enough humans will want to control the weather, there using technology to gear themselves to become 'gods'

Fantasist

I don't agree with "soon enough". It will at least be another generation at least. We're not as smart as we think, we have little control over the Earth.

Vell

thats my point exactly, but Humanity DOESNT realise that >.>

Fantasist

Vell

i dont count myself among those fools, I'm part of Humanity Sect 77 The Intelligent.

damn it.

just got a freaking idea for a RP

Blizzard

The sun should stay intact for another 5 billion years though.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

5billion years!!! ill be deadz by then!! noooo

Fantasist

Yeah, I think it's half way through its estimated lifespan of 10 billion years.

Vell

yeah somewhere around there, tho, HOW THE HELL DO WE HAVE ANY CLUE OF ITS ESTIMATED LIFESPAN?