Global Warming

Started by Fantasist, January 10, 2008, 10:27:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nortos

from seeing the distance from other stars are from us with light travel that are around the same size and when they explode it gets a bit confusing and I can't explain very well but they know. Our sun is only between a medium and a small star there's stars out there like 20 times bigger I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere

Blizzard

That's true, our sun is actually a small one.

I'd say they estimated it on many measurings. It's like this:

"The sun has 100 EJ of energy left, that's what we can say by its size and density of molecules. In 24 earthly hours it spends about 1 EJ on nuclear reactions. Let's say it will stay intact for about 90 days and in the last 10 days it will turn into a 'red giant'."

Of course, 100 EJ is nothing for our sun. :P It's not like they say "The sun will vanish in 5168219417 years, 283 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes and 11,451 seconds".
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Nortos

January 14, 2008, 06:41:42 am #43 Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:43:19 am by Nortos
Quote from: Blizzard on January 14, 2008, 02:34:42 am
"The sun will vanish in 5168219417 years, 283 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes and 11,451 seconds".

Is that true? O.o

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH no now my plan for world domination won't be able to work as the sun will die than...
:P anyway ontopic likely the human race will be extinct by than...either us making A.I robots too sophisticated and they realise they don't need us, us destroying the earth with nuclear weapons :P it may happen, us using all resources, or a super galatic race kills us, or like in Reign of Fire all the dragons awaken :D

Vell

Nortos

yeah was pretty cool when it came out it's about Dragons lying dormant for thousands of years because last time they nearly wiped planet clean of food and so they were starving now they've awaken again to feast

Blizzard

I'd give it 8.5/10, so yeah, it was quite good.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

oh cool, ill have to find a way to get it...

Fantasist

Since it's 'estimeted', it's just an estimate. Technical details? I think a star has different stages in it's lifespan and the Sun is in the middle somewhere I think. Soon enough, the sun becomes a red giant, larger than it is now and red.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Vell

I kno... Astronomy is one of m areas of interests, tho ive not taken a class on it or anythign, just remembered what i learned long time ago.

Punn

In case of ice age:

-Get everyone from all over the country (Yes.. Africa too..)
-Build a big cave, and build a fire
-Huddle for warmth, if necessary, sex will produce heat (Masturbation as well)

I planned it all out, we're set!

Nortos

Quote from: mumerus on January 14, 2008, 05:18:56 pm
In case of ice age:

-Get everyone from all over the country (Yes.. Africa too..)
-Build a big cave, and build a fire
-Huddle for warmth, if necessary, sex will produce heat (Masturbation as well)

I planned it all out, we're set!

rofl what's wrong with Africans lol??? and rofl at "(Masturbation as well)"

Fantasist

Same as above dude :D

But hey, where's the debate here? I thought I'd have strong opposition. Maybe global warming is not as misunderstood as I thought... good thing anyway :D
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Vell

meh, i just don't believe anything either way in the end... whatever kills off humanity I'm backing up, unless it kills Earth in the process...

I AM NOT A FREAKING ENVIRONMENTALIST!

Fantasist

Vell

this one girl once asked me 'if u dont believe in god what do u believe in?'

my response 'my own beliefs i myself made up, not some shit tossed in my face that im supposed to believe in, I hate humanity and there destruction of earth'

'wait, youre a freaking environmentalist, and yet, you have a Wii? the most energy wasting, (insert long speech about how Wii kills the environment) console on the market?'

I didnt bother continuing the conversation.

Fantasist

rofl! Wiis destroy enviornment?! Really nice!

Sally

Fantasist

Sally