[XP] Health Reset (resolved)

Started by PhoenixFire, September 20, 2013, 09:16:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

September 20, 2013, 09:16:33 am Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:35:51 pm by DigitalSoul
Alright, so I remember seeing a script like this somewhere already, and I searched the database but nothing looked like what I was looking for. I just need a script to reset the characters health to max after they level up, however, I also use Blizzards stat distribution system, so it would need to be a script that either 1) works with that system, since you can change your maxhp when you level up, so it would have to refill your health AFTER you accept all changes to your stats, OR 2) if someone could modify the script Blizz made, and simply have it as part of the script when you select 'accept changes'. Thank you in advance for the help!
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

So your system basically works like this:
Actor is dead. You assign points to increase actor's max HP. Suddenly, actor is alive with full health. One revive potion saved. And, if your system offers multiple points per level up, you essentially have X free revives/full recoveries at your disposal.

Of course, it would probably be better to spend the points in the other stats, but you can see the potential abuse of this. Still up for it?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

PhoenixFire

Quote from: KK20 on September 20, 2013, 03:14:12 pm
So your system basically works like this:
Actor is dead.

I don't think his script gets called if you die, because if you die, you do not level up, because you do not receive the experience points.. I could be wrong, but I have never had it call the script when I died, in any game I tried to make (yes, I use the stat script in just about everything, because it's awesome :3 )
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

G_G

It's Heal on level up, its in Blizzards Tons of Add-ons. Is that what you're referring to?

PhoenixFire

September 20, 2013, 11:26:05 pm #4 Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:35:35 pm by DigitalSoul
Yes, I think that might be it... lemme go check...

Yep, that's the one, but it seems like a pain to add all of those when I really only want one of those add-ons :/

EDIT: Yeah, now that I'm looking through it, I could use a few more of the utilities and stuff..  I'll go ahead and add it all in. Thanks GG

G_G

lol, it's not a pain adding in all of those. It's as simple as enabling the ones you want to use. You're not required to use every single one of them.

PhoenixFire

I know, it just seemed like an awful waste of space to add three pages of script, however, I completely forgot about some of the other scripts that are included in it, like the caterpillar one =p

KK20

Oh, I just remember the stat distribution script being called from the map rather than after battle when I played with the demo. So I take it then that you cannot save any points nor access the scene at any time other than after battle?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

PhoenixFire

You are able to, but I have not included the calls for it anywhere else, no.