Multiple timers?

Started by firevenge007, October 04, 2013, 12:07:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

firevenge007

So I have a farming skill in my game, and whenever you plant a seed, you must wait a certain amount of time before you can harvest it.

Due to the limited resources I am given in Rpgmaker XP (1 timer) I can only let players plant 1 type of crop at a time.

Is there any possible way of having additional timers that count alongside the 1st timer as a separate timer and display the time next to the 1st one?

Thank you.

KK20

I could have sworn I seen a script for this somewhere. Anyone care to refresh my memory?
Or perhaps it was an event system using a script? I just know I've seen farming done before.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

firevenge007

This script seems a little odd due to the fact that it requires the use of two seeds for one plot, whereas in my game there is only the need for one type of seed for one type of plot.

Also, is there a possible way of adding XP to a designated character whenever one harvests?

KK20

Literally right below the script
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on April 14, 2010, 05:44:04 pm
Twb6543 has provided an edited version that allows the system to work in a "single seed" format.  All credit for the edits go solely to Twb6543, and if this variant of the script is used in your game, he must be credited as well.

And yes, adding a feature to increase a player's farming EXP is entirely possible. The script just needs to be modified a bit.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Heretic86

Probably a better solution than using a Parallel Event with a Wait Timer to control a Self Switch.  Thought of that just looking at the title.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)