[XP] MRMX-OS SYSTEM - MultiPlatform RMX-OS SYSTEM

Started by Aegisrox, October 07, 2013, 10:57:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rocketastro

September 11, 2016, 09:03:39 am #80 Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:06:19 am by rocketastro
What.jpg

PLease take a look at this :( I want to fix that. Connection to PVP server was successful, but then this

Blizzard

Somebody messed up the code in the password handling. It's trying to use a number for a password instead of a string.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

rocketastro

KK20

September 11, 2016, 04:17:56 pm #83 Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 04:23:06 pm by KK20
Looking at the code, when a user registers their account, the values are stored in Game_Variables.

$game_variables[50] = @username
    $game_variables[51] = @password
    $game_variables[52] = @email1

When connecting, it calls upon them to re-set the variables

################################################################################
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#Encrypts a password.
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
################################################################################
  def encrypt_password(password)
    encrypted = password.crypt("XS")
    return encrypted[2, encrypted.size - 2]
  end

#Attempts to log into the server.
  def attempt_login
        @username = $game_variables[50]
        @password = $game_variables[51]
    Kernel.pbMessage("Logging in... Press ENTER") 
    $pvpb.send("<LOG user=#{@username} pass=#{encrypt_password(@password)}>")
  end   

So my question is...are you changing your Game_Variables at any point, like resetting it back to 0? That's really the only thing I can infer without setting up and testing it myself.

(and yes, this is pretty fucking stupid design..."Let's set important information into an easily changeable global variable that the typical user wouldn't even know about! What could possibly go wrong??")

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

rocketastro

It could be, that I editet something in "Main" between the time of first and second registration at kernel

But now it is everything right... so maybe i register 2 new accounts and look what happen?! ... i will take a look

Blizzard

My suggestion would be to extend the list of variables and use 2 variables that you will never use in the game (e.g. name them USERNAME and PASSWORD). Then find all occurences of $game_variables[50] and $game_variables[51] and change the IDs to the new ones you created.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

rocketastro

September 12, 2016, 08:29:49 am #86 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 08:42:20 am by rocketastro
I registred one new created account at Kernys PvP NPC.

This time I was able to fill in a Username, a Passwort and a Gmail adress.

After the entering the Gmail adress (the same as the host uses) this appeared...

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11929749/RegisterAfter.jpg.html

Does it have to be another gmail adress? So every user needs their own adress?

I will try...

Where can I find the variables?

I will look...

The last question from me would be, how is it possible to delete the Debug Mode for others users? (its possible to cheat with it, i only want it as admin...)

Blizzard

Check your server logs for the error message.
IDK about the debug mode and how it works in MRMX-OS.

rocketastro

rocketastro

without any help i will not work on it any more... its not easy to use in my opinion. i tried everything below and nothing is works.

gooday

Hi guys, would it be possible reload the pictures of the tuto?

Jhaxi

Hey guys i know this topic is a bit old but im new to this great system but im having an issue.  I followed all the instructions and believe that the server is set up completely fine. Even when i open the client it says online. The issue i am having is when trying to log in i get a message saying outdated client: 2.05. I've tried everything i can think of but cant solve this issue can you guys please help me. There is nothing in the server logs so ill post screenshots of the client and server.

https://gyazo.com/d88d768ee5898957c90ca05f2a922297
https://gyazo.com/84a0030f688b5579f31d59351aa319c4
https://gyazo.com/62864961fedf9912a2a2abb451915119

KK20

June 05, 2017, 10:30:50 pm #92 Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:31:57 pm by KK20
A quick look through the code shows that you have conflicting version numbers set up in your client and server.

For the server, open file cfg.ini and change GAME_VERSION.
For the client, open the scripts, go to (RMX-OS) Options and change GAME_VERSION.

But I'm curious how one of the numbers is 2.05. The download I have shows both are 1.0
Where did you get your download?

Other Projects

pak020531

Hey guys i know this topic is a bit old but im new to this great system but im having an issue.
I want to download the trade/pvp server file, but the file has been deleted.
How can I get this file?

Blizzard

pak020531

KK20

IDK where you're looking at to determine what the script's version is... but regardless, this is the only existence of the script on this website.

Other Projects

pak020531

Quote from: KK20 on October 16, 2021, 06:59:12 pmIDK where you're looking at to determine what the script's version is... but regardless, this is the only existence of the script on this website.
I'm sorry. I misunderstood the text.
But I want to open a pvp server, but I don't understand what the text says.
Where is the sql file and main.rb of the pvp server?

Blizzard

pak020531

Quote from: Blizzard on October 19, 2021, 05:17:45 pmI'm not sure I understand what you're asking. All the files are in there.

https://gyazo.com/122c5c382c89697861efda1e4fcbd4c2
https://gyazo.com/ec762e9a5a4f4fb5a4bc04813fc10f8e
The Database folder: https://gyazo.com/9b612ec5f342e39e4fe66814c7b66577
I want to open the pvp server. How can I run the pvp server? It's too difficult for me..