Jesus was never real

Started by Blizzard, October 09, 2013, 06:17:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

Well, shit. Even though I swore off Christianity a few years ago, it's a bit of a weird feeling that something I believed in my entire life has just been fabricated by 1st century Romans.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Lobstrosity

Cannot... unread. It will be interesting to see how much public coverage. Especially because of controversy.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Spaceman McConaughey

I'd show it to my dad, but he'll still argue that Jesus was real. Oh well.

Some people can't handle the truth.

Zexion

Ha, now people can't hide behind there whole god excuse for everything. At least most people in the U.S.
Hmm it does feel weird though, and I wonder when/how long it will take for this info to get to the states. I feel no regret in not going to church, but I am sad because IDK if my Grandparents are in heaven or not  :'(...

Spoiler: ShowHide
*breaks down*
Everything is a lie!!!

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Oh and yeah, I guess I didn't count on the fact that most people will just ignore it and just say it's a conspiracy or something...

Blizzard

October 09, 2013, 11:08:18 am #4 Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:11:50 am by Blizzard
Maybe not most, but most probably the majority. As far as I understood it, this isn't just some conspiracy theory, it's hard evidence.
Well, I'll guess more details will be revealed on the 19th.

If Christianity is truly nothing more than a fluke, than all of the sects that were rooted in Christianity are utter bullshit. But even then, this doesn't change the fact that people can believe in whatever they want. Just because Christianity is made up, doesn't make it any less legit than any other religion. Who's to say that any religion is legit? I hope that people will take this in a way that they now aren't forced to believe something, but that they can choose to stay Christian, because they want to believe in a merciful and kind god. But I think that Christianity needs heavy reforming from the ground up. If this actually happens, I hope that the result won't be just another religion with the purpose to control people, but something more.

Of course I am obviously having utopian dreams here and this will never happen because human nature is a tricky one.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Heretic86

Doesnt matter if God is real or not, the very core of Religion is for People to control Other People.  Views expressed by Men do not necessarily reflect the opinion of God, and we all know how much Men like to lie to achieve what they want.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

bigace

Quote from: Heretic86 on October 09, 2013, 06:55:36 pm
Doesnt matter if God is real or not, the very core of Religion is for People to control Other People.  Views expressed by Men do not necessarily reflect the opinion of God, and we all know how much Men like to lie to achieve what they want.

Truth

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.

Ryex

October 09, 2013, 09:41:36 pm #7 Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:46:32 pm by Ryex
lets be clear here, this reveal is on the scale of "the world isn't flat" it will take decades for it to be "proven" ether way and a century or more for it to be accepted.  it's effects however will be immediate, I hope to hell the guy has a private security force of >20 because the assassination attempts are already in the planing phase. I couldn't imagine otherwise.

also, Inception.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I agree with Ryex. Even in the article they say that we are on the verge of a paradigm shift.

WhiteRose

Though I don't know much about the idea itself, a search on the name of the author of the theory shows that a good number of sources don't find him very creditable. Granted, take anything that has to do with religion in any form and there will be a good number of sources that don't find it creditable. Definitely an interesting idea, though; I'm actually studying about the Romans right now in one of my courses, and they did have some very novel ideas, particularly with regard to handling the massive number of Roman citizens.

Blizzard

I can't wait for the 19th. I'm sure there will be much more information presented.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Blizzard on October 14, 2013, 02:31:14 am
I can't wait for the 19th. I'm sure there will be much more information presented.

Same here. I really would not be surprised if that has some basis in truth. After all, governments do just about anything they can to control their people.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

EntropyUSB

From my own perspective, religion in itself is nothing more than a solid opinion; fueled by dependence and run by self-love. That in itself is the ultimate sin (assuming sins are even existent).

If anything, assuming that religion itself existed; the real question would be... "would religion exist if everything human and remotely human didn't exist?"

Like, think about it... we are the creators and designers of all that is, all that was, and all that will be; we are those who have created these ideas and without us being around, it would simply be just living by instinct.

Although, animals are better off anyways; humans are a disease, just saying.

R.A.V.S.O

I gotta say this sure left me with lots of questions, this is something I'd like to take my time to read with detail
(really good find Blizz btw, )

ok so in all out honesty here what would worry(?) me here is not the statement itself (in a way we could say I would have
expected something like this now the EXACT same thing... but something like this, so I won't get into details for this)
what I'd be more worried about would rather be all the implications behind all of this.

how would people react? I'm deeply fascinated when someone discovers a new perspective on things that
may lead to a revolutionary (or at least significant) shift on things, but that doesn't mean others would take it
the same way,

in a way... I'm rather excited about the reaction and implications... if I could try to "word" it out....
its almost like.... "we totally destroyed the projected meaning of "life & security" of some individuals"
(metaphorically speaking in mental shield breaking a la neon genesis evangelion sort of way)

and that itself would yield rather "interesting" opinions and results.
Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Blizzard

Does anybody know anything new about this? I can't find that video anywhere on the Internet.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

<3 I'll watch this probably within the next few days and give my insights.