Spirituality

Started by Taboo, February 01, 2014, 02:06:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I have never heard about any proofs for either side.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Blizzard on March 03, 2014, 02:02:38 am

That's actually exactly what I was thinking as I read his post, as well.

Seltzer Cole

Quote from: Blizzard on March 03, 2014, 02:02:38 am

Obviously one cannot prove god does not exist. I can think up a million different things and then present some sort of evidence to attempt to prove it is real. There is no 100% "factual proof" of his/her existence however. Just claims which can be argued. Maybe I do not spend enough time explaining things and I type half ass sentences on here, my apologies.

My "proof" I so quickly typed and clicked "Post" without second thought was meant to be the argument of faith. Which in itself is believing with no evidence. I am a person of evidence and facts. Without that, I simply see no need for faith or else I might as well believe in the one eyes monster from planet X.
You know you play video games to much when you put sunglasses on and whisper "Plus 10 Appearance"

If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

Blizzard

March 09, 2014, 01:24:12 pm #23 Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:29:06 pm by Blizzard
Lol, no problem.

If you mean that faith is not needed in a religious sense, I really have no opinion on that. But if you mean that faith in general is useless, I strongly disagree. I think that faith can push us forward to be better people (and this doesn't apply to just to religious faith). Most people lack the self-discipline to better themselves. Religion and faith kind of create a workaround for that, because they promise a reward for being good and becoming a better person. I think that can only be positive. The problem is obviously that religions are man-made and as such they are just as flawed and when people abuse this stuff (e.g. the Crusades). This is why one should always take everything with a grain of salt and rather than blindly believing what the religions says, they should use their own critical thinking to come to a conclusion that furthers and betters oneself.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.