The Final Fantasy -> Console Generation link

Started by Memor-X, October 16, 2013, 08:43:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

The next Generations of Consoles will be all released by the end of November (we've had the Wii U for almost a year now but the era wont really start until the PS4 and X-Box One come out), Lighting Returns Final Fantasy XIII is due to be released for PS3 by February Next year and we now know that Final Fantasy XV will be on the PS4

now, if we look back at all the main final fantasy games excluding the US's stupid localization of Final Fantasy IV and VI (which went under the names of II and III), re-releases of previous games (Origins, Anthology, VI on PS1) and MMORPGS (XI and XIV) there is a pattern

I, II and III -> NES
IV, V and IV -> SNES
VII, VIII, IX -> PS1
X, X-2, XII -> PS2
XIII, XIII-2, Lighting Returns -> PS3

it's seems as if Square releases 3 New Final Fantasy Games on current Gen Consoles before moving onto the next, we've known about Final Fantasy XV for a while now but it was under the name Final Fantasy Versus-XIII but after it was known that Versus-XIII was going to become XV after the announcement of the Next Gen Consoles and i'm quite sure before then it was sounding like Versus-XIII/XV was going to be scrapped all together, this pattern could be more perfect if XIII-2 actually concluded and XV was release on PS3 because then we could expect games like X-2 and XIII-2 if an MMORPG was released

now is it just me or does this seem to be more than a coincidence