Blizz-Art

Started by Blizzard, January 10, 2008, 11:59:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 10, 2008, 11:59:15 am Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 06:55:03 am by Blizzard
So, I did this stuff with Photoshop 7. Yeah, I actually am still using the old version 7. It's one of my numerous hobbies.

m(__)m *bows down to mighty PS7*

You are free to use these a desktop wallpaper if you want, that's what they are made for. (~_^)d

This is the first wallpaper I ever made. I started using "Blizzard System" as a kind of watermark on the image since my pseudonym is Blizzard.
Purity of Ice: ShowHide

I was experimenting a lot with this one. I tried to concentrate in making various shapes and some kind of dynamic rather than using just effects.
Synthetic Rebirth: ShowHide

This wallpaper was created using external renders for the the shapes and then applying various blending effects on the layers. In fact the wallpaper consists out of several basic images which, then, make it one whole.
Crystal Explosion: ShowHide

Since that day I've had some interesting phrases come into my mind, I thought I should just throw them on a wallpaper. I used a computer rendered picture of water as basic background which I overlayered with some patterns. It turned out pretty interesting, especially the part smooth graphics VS. pixelated text.
DH-05: ShowHide

This is pretty much difficult to comment on. I used an effect of TV scanlines that kinds gives you a feeling as if the eyes would be watching you from a TV. Creepy. I used custom shapes and basically a good blending to create this, nothing else.
Eyes of Darkness: ShowHide

In fact I actually have absolutely no idea what this is suppposed to mean myself. Try to read the "coded" stuff on the right part of the image. Read from up to down and from right to left. ;)
Deux: ShowHide

This is the pseudo-realistic way I sometimes think in. I don't recommend that you try to understand it, I don't understand it either. Well, but there's one thing I know; it's all ordered chaos.
Chaos: ShowHide

This is a pretty weird creation... I was playing around with some effect and actually was trying a more "floating energy" effect, but I realized that it would look cooler if the saturation was high.
Darrow Liquida: ShowHide

I often experiment in a way where I invert the colors of specific layers or even the entire image just to see how it looks like. In this case it turned out pretty good.
Darrow Magma: ShowHide

The Department of Practical Physics at my college (short ZPF in my language). The rest of the image talks for itself. This is the first wallpaper where I started using "Blizz-Art" instead of "Blizzard System". It sounds much better and I pity that I didn't have this idea earlier. In fact, it wasn't even my idea to call it Blizz-Art, somebody just mentioned it.

This is actually ZPF Part 2. Same joke, but this time the it's on the word "infinitesimal" and partial derivations (dx, dy, dz, dt). Yeah, yeah, nobody loves ZPF. The idea to actually make another wallpaper was by a friend of mine. Again a strike against the Department of Practical Physics at my college.
Intifysiensis: ShowHide

This image is an extremity of itself. I was working with 9 rendered pictures on 9 layers with different interacting blending effects. It looks like a supernova or an exploding sun to me, but I didn't want to call it that way as it was somehow cliché.
Sigma Flare: ShowHide

Here is something completely different, at least from the view of creation. This is the first wallpaper I made just like that. Usually I take a long time to decide the right colors and so on, but here it went over very quickly. I never made a wallpaper so quickly. I used different custom shapes for the eye and the pupil and special prerendered pictures with blending layers for the rest. Originally I wanted to call it "B-Lizzard", but the font didn't have the character - and I was to lazy to make one, so I simply called it "Lizzard".
Lizzard: ShowHide

Here is a wallpaper for my college (FER - Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing). I've only used the original logo (the big one in the background) and the original text (the blue one). The rest is by me. It was originally for a contest at the college's unofficial student forum, but people lost interest and there was never a voting in the end.
FER wallpaper: ShowHide

During the day I did the banner for the ChaosX5 skin, I had loads of inspiration. It included a piece of the influence from the LHC. They can create black holes? Pah! I am the first to create a "White Hole"!
White Hole: ShowHide

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

I'm using Elements 2....

Anyway these r good I lovem, if you weren't a programmer/scripter I bet you would be one of the best spriters out there :P

Vell

he could prolly be both.

Blizzard

That's true, I could. I mean the couple of sprites I made are pretty good. But there's not enough time to be both, so I had to choose. =/ Actually there is not enough time to be "all three" of them. You forgot composer... :=

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

wow, there's nothing I can say right now... You may not be the best in everything but you're an allrounder and pretty good with almost everything. You pwn Bliz!
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

yeah all rounder and shines in scripter(and programming???) but his songs and sprites r pretty good as well

Reno-s--Joker

Now I get a good excuse to do something my slight OCD has been wanting to for a while. *powers up, giving 222 energy* :shifty:

Favourites are Eyes of Darkness, the Darrow ones, the calculus one and White Hole. :xD:

Kagutsuchi

Looking good, but the resolution is rather low :S

Blizzard

I never did bigger resolutions than 1024x768. But that was 5 years ago. Today I usually work with 1280x960, but I think I'll switch to 1600x1200 or even 2400x1800 for good.

computerwizoo7

If those were your first wallpapers then they are pretty good and i can see that you are obsessed with coding, lol.

Blizzard

Quote from: computerwizoo7 on May 18, 2009, 09:51:43 pm
If those were your first wallpapers then they are pretty good

Not just my first, they are all the wallpapers I ever made.

Quote from: computerwizoo7 on May 18, 2009, 09:51:43 pm
and i can see that you are obsessed with coding, lol.

Where did you see that?

fugibo

Maybe the binary gave it away. Or the hexadecimal jokes. Or the general godness.

Blizzard

Well, the binary is because my college is a computing college. xD