[RMXP] Project: Soldiers into The World.

Started by R.A.V.S.O, November 05, 2013, 10:25:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

R.A.V.S.O

November 05, 2013, 10:25:38 pm Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 03:21:31 am by R.A.V.S.O

"A D-Soldier is never alone...."  -Achim

Project Soldiers into The World! is a remake on a long lost demo of mine, now with properly added storyline, maps, battles and
whatnot,

In a way this project already existed before.... as 2 complete different games, [Project A.D.I.O.L] and [Project SITW!]
the first one was overall lacking polish (those were my newbie days) and the second one I managed to post a demo once
but got very outdated... as I was about to publish it's continuation my old laptop's hard drive got trashed beyond recovery
and forced me to start from scratch... therefore I believe this re-make in a way deserves a second chance to finally show
it's potential to become a full fledged RPGXP game project.

In the local Milky-May galaxy, a group of scientists and researchers known as the D-Soldiers, are on the task to create a fully accurate
encyclopedia related to the Milky-Way's vast contents... as the research is about to be completed a series of attacks to the scouting
soldiers has left the main D-Soldier's Research Team short on numbers.

after an arduous 2 year VR simulation training a young D-Soldier recruit by the name of Sesilou is about to embark on a journey
across time and space in order to complete the D-Soldier's task,
-Will he survive the mysterious assassin's onslaught?
-Will he discover the truth behind the twisted turn of events? 
-What lurks behind the ambition of the D-Soldiers?

Spoiler: ShowHide

Sesilou:
SPECIALTY: Combat & Reverse-Engineering

BACKGROUND HISTORY:

Sesilou at the age of 17 was a student in a very backwatered high-school, not being the sharpest tool in the box he resorted to mostly skip
the boring old lectures given at class-time and avoid the most despised grade A student group (a.k.a the cool kids club)
although despising the fact that he had to endure the daily teases of both teachers and other students Sesilou always let his mind wander off
thinking of his affinity for the technology,

On a fateful Sunday, after being exposed to a synthetic wormhole Sesilou's class and his younger sister are dematerialized
and scattered throughout many different dimensions, After re-materialization he finds himself marooned in a continent of sorts,
having no idea on what exactly is Sesilou's location nor the wherabouts of his sister or fellow friends Sesilou decides to move about in
that strange continent where both the ancient and the futuristic collides,

eventually after managing to track down 2 of his friends Sesilou is assisted by a fellow campaign of dimension travelers
known as "D-Soldiers" a private military regimen, Sesilou is gladly accepted and is prompted into training before enabling
him the use of dimension travel...

Achim "The Gunner"
SPECIALTY: Long-Range Combat & Enemy shield diffusion.

BACKGROUND HISTORY:

Achim was one of the first selection of D-Soldier trainees to become selected into the dimensional arc project due to his first class
combat and tactical operation results, at one point before recruiting Sesilou, Achim once double-crossed Sesilou in order to save his fellow
city from an enemy attack later only to break Sesilou out of jail, "according to plan", as the years went by Achim began to trust more
in Sesilou to become a D-SOLDIERS someday...
little is known about who he was before being recruited by the D-SOLDIERS.

SABRINA:
AGE: 19         SEX: Female        CLASS: D-SOLDIER Support
SPECIALTY: CQC & First Aid Tactics

BACKGROUND HISTORY:

Sabrina was one of Sesilou's close friends when he was a student at the high school, she boasted promising skills at class and
always managed to impress class-mates (Sesilou included) with her thesis and work of any subject given to her,
after the worm-hole accident, sabrina is taken into slavery and eventually sent into a nearby town as a maid,
eventually she caught word Sesilou was looking for his lost friends, Sabrina manages to break free and make a run for it,
once reunited with Sesilou and her fellow class-mates she decides to stick with Sesilou and Achim to become a D-Soldier so she
could gain the strengh and willpower to stand up and locate both Sesilou's and her missing class-mates.

This plays pretty much like any final fantasy game, as a D-Solder you move about the many places where your superiors send
you to scout for data, as you go discovering more samples to complete the encyclopedia the more obstacles will bar your way
towards both completing your goals and getting out alive, and if that wasn't enough fate itself seems to want you out of the
picture.... PERMANENTLY, fail to reach your goals in time and prepare to say farewell to your very existence.

From the dangers of the outskirts

To the hidden depths of "innocent" cities

That encyclopedia isn't gonna write itself soldier ;D

BEWARE, THE BALANCE COUNTER...

As you you progress through the biospheres assigned you will notice a counter that measures 2 opposing forces, the counter drives
the paths to take in one area and depending on it's status you are to perform either as a good guy or a bad guy,
sometimes a good tacting is to think outside the box.

This is still a WIP in all the senses of the word however there's some cool stuff to showcase so far:

Well-detailed maps to go around.

Head into space to recover your satellite! (survival may not be guaranteed...)

Escape deadly traps along the way.

Maneuver through elusive holographic rooms,
some rooms might have more to them than meets the eye.

Dynamic Frontview Battle System

Just because your party has to face enemies via front does NOT mean the sideview is excluded
pit a hijacked robot against their own from the sideview on memorable boss battles!

VR Simulation
As you progress through your career as a D-Soldier, more and more VR simulations will become available.
try them out for some rewards.

DEMO LINK: Current version [Tech Demo 2]

Approx clear time: 20-40 mins, give or take.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dewrj3co4pifmqm/SITW%20Project%20TD2.rar

This is STILL a WIP ;D

Yes it's not done yet, but I believe this should suffice to prove I truly want to make this game a reality, the path is long, the obstacles are many
however I'll do as much as it takes to provide both quality and quantity.... that said, a demo IS on the works,
it is planned to contain 2 chapters and an unlockable side-quest VR mission, hold on tight everyone this should get interesting VERY soon!
btw credits are not yet added because as the demo is being made some scripts or evented systems might come in or drop out,
the thing is, this is still on production and not possible to tell when the whole thing will be done, expect the demo soon (hopefully)

until then, stay tuned!

Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

WhiteRose

This looks awesome :D I especially really like what I can see so far of the personalities of the characters. It looks like it will be a lot of fun.

R.A.V.S.O

November 06, 2013, 05:01:28 pm #2 Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:07:15 pm by R.A.V.S.O
Small update of mine: The Balance Counter v1.2

In all it's pixelated glory XD behold!

The Balance Counter serves as a core gimmick to the game itself, you see depending on which side
the counter is leaning over to, it's up to the player to join the losing side and restore (or get as close to) the
50 / 50 default balance on the dimension you're visiting, not ALL places are subject to the B.C.
and sometimes the counter might not be visible until a base is successfully planted,

the closer to 100 the more red the counter turns....

here are some concept pics for your enjoyment:

As you can see some NPC's react to the counter, and get progressively more and more grim as they realize they're about
to be wiped from the very fabric of time and space.... as an easter egg, yes Aluxes/Arshes got drunk and collapsed,
no, this sadly doesn't appear on the final version of the game, I only used it to demonstrate the eventing powers of the B.C. system.

also... as a sidenote:

places with THIS counter in green:

mean that such area is not subject to the balance counter (a sanctuary), or that you have
done all possible actions to alter the counter (plot-wise) on the area you're visiting.

hope you're enjoying this so far ;)
Personality Test results

PhoenixFire

I definitely like this so far! Keep up the good work!

As a sidenote, I really do think you should keep that easter egg in the game lolz.. drunk and passed out Aluxes is just funny =p
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

R.A.V.S.O

After a long time I have finally deviced a brief test demo, it still has no robot battle accessible via the demo
(you can still play it by using the editor)

the demo holds, a brief tutorial, some testing maps, a testing boss, and one fully functional sidequest.
enjoy!

demo link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dewrj3co4pifmqm/SITW%20Project%20TD2.rar

size: 180 mb, estimated clear time 20-40 mins

to the mods: sorry for the necropost, but I do believe this is a relevant post to both the document and a chance to move my topic from the new section
Personality Test results

G_G

You can necropost your own topic, as long as you're not bumping it just for the hell of it. Info about your game is very relevant. Also, downloading now, can't wait to try it.

R.A.V.S.O

I kinda got tired of doing the indoors D-Soldier HQ, so I started to map the surrounding exteriors of the D-HQ,
hopefully when I release a story demo there should be enough maps to cram it with loads of quests, items and events.

starting area with mobs, the southern route.
Personality Test results

R.A.V.S.O

Brief Update, now implemented the balance counter on the game universally, from this point forward it is now triggered as a common event,
as an optional thing, NPC's can say different things regarding on what's the status of the counter,

here's the "Get Aluxes fired" sidequest as a example,

ways to temporarily K.O. Aluxes are the following so far:

-Get him mauled off by a bear
-Deliberate Food Poisoning
-Getting him drunk (as seen in the pic, you need at least 2 bottles of cheap alcohol or "the Flaming Glory" drink to do this one )
-Triggering an obvious trap by letting him stand on an X. (WIP)
-Not assisting him on a battle by making him believe it's a 1 on 1 duel.
-Rockslide (WIP)
-Turning off lights when he goes down to any basement (this one's still a WIP)

The "Get Aluxes Fired" sidequest is not needed to progress in-game however clearing it yields better rewards that might be handy
on incoming dungeons,
Personality Test results

R.A.V.S.O

To the mods: sorry for the necro, but I do believe it's time to continue with this project,

MAP UPDATE:

During my free time (and to my luck) I managed to get ahold of one of my (now dead) project's maps, to be more precise, the world map
while it's rather square-ish and old itself I remember having some good times working on it and eventually decided to give it a nice remake and include it
for both this incoming demo & the project itself.

now just as a comparison let's take a look at the OLD version of this world map,
yes I AM aware a squared land-mass is not normal at all, but it is what it is.

OLD VERSION (spoilers due to size)

I liked the map itself, but now that I looked at it, it's quite empty and whatnot, and certainly didn't age well, but now after merging some tilesets and doing a brief rework
on it I'd like to present the new version of this world map, and yes I'll be using this one from this point forward for my project.

NEW VERSION (again spoilers)

This new version has both medieval areas from the first one while now having urbanized areas, (this is actually regarding the plot) and as you can see it now holds 3
new small continents (which I like to call the bird, the turtle and the dolphin)
these actually do play an important role later on and as of right now I'm working on the starting areas for the incoming story demo,

hope you're excited as I am, finally I can continue to work on this,

mods please don't murder me D:

Personality Test results

Zexion

I don't think it's against the rules to necro your own project xD
Anywho, I still feel that the new map is kinda empty. I think the whole map could be shrunk down a bit so that it's less open/unused space or put more greenery/mountains/nature stuff to fill in the empty spots. I'm just trying to imagine traversing across this map. Seems like it would be a little bland...
Glad you are working on it again :b

ForeverZer0

Quote from: R.A.V.S.O on July 30, 2014, 03:20:37 am
To the mods: sorry for the necro, but I do believe it's time to continue with this project,

A necro is only really when you revive a dead topic for an irrelevant reason, not if it actually pertains to the thread. If a script hasn't been posted in for a year, but you have a found a bug that has not been mentioned, it's not a necro to post about it, but if all you say is "I might use this in my game" or "Neat!", it is.

Does that clear things up, lol?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

R.A.V.S.O

Quote from: Zexion on July 30, 2014, 04:22:05 am
Anywho, I still feel that the new map is kinda empty. I think the whole map could be shrunk down a bit so that it's less open/unused space or put more greenery/mountains/nature stuff to fill in the empty spots. I'm just trying to imagine traversing across this map. Seems like it would be a little bland...

There's actually 2 reasons why I left some spaces open, the first one is that I'm still working on the upper continent XD (I'm actually trying to see if I can get a real-time
train moving from the center area to the west,)

and secondly (and the most challenging one) is have non-random mobs who will attack you when you get close to their hiding location, (both on land and ship seeing as there's a section to be discovered in-water) since the mobs can be seen from the world map like you, they're a lot harder to fight than your standard random encounters, what makes
them so deadly is that they're a LOT harder than your regular encounters, (like F.O.E's in etrian odyssey) basically the empty areas nearby serve as ways to out-maneuver one.

also near the end of the game the map gets update for a 3rd time, (hint, it's the volcanic areas that expand)(I would post, but this one's more of a spoiler)

I also forgot to mention, houses, villages, and other tents that appear every now and then do NOT behave like town entrances, think of them as NPC's, when you stand near
one of them, you'll usually start a conversation with the owner of that house/village/tent and (possibly) get an item out for your troubles (or get yelled to gtfo, it might happen)
but basically, should you see this 1 house/village surrounded by high level mobs, you can bet it's housing treasure of sorts.
Personality Test results