[XP] Advanced Actor and Enemy Engine

Started by TimeKeeper, November 14, 2013, 10:37:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TimeKeeper

November 14, 2013, 10:37:50 pm Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:45:45 pm by TimeKeeper
Advanced Actor and Enemy Engine
Authors: TimeKeeper
Version: 1.03
Type: Custom Battle, Actor, Enemy, Skill and State System
Key Term: Misc System

Introduction

This script will completely overhaul the default battle system, the default actor system, the default skill sytem, the default enemy system. It will add a lot a new option for the actor, class, weapon, armor, enemy, state  and skill. All the different value of the battle system are modifiable.

Features

• Multi Hand Weapon

• Dual Hold

• Mutiple Equipment Slot

• New Actor Stat

• Skill Critical

• Special Critical

Screenshots

No Screenshot

Demo

Demo

Script

The script is in the demo.

Instructions

All the instruction are in the script.

Compatibility

• Not tested with SDK

• May be incompatible with Custom Battle, Equipment or Skill System

• Will be incompatible with other Multi Slot System and Custom Menu System

• Should be compatible with everything else

Credits and Thanks

• TimeKeeper

• Guillaume777 for the desire to make a better Multi-Slot System

Author's Notes

This is the first script that I have complete and release. Enjoy.

ThallionDarkshine

Your demo is broken. When you try to unzip it, it gives unsupported compression method errors.

Heretic86

I didnt have any trouble.  Could be an old version of 7-zip.

---

One bug, none of the Party members attack animations show when they attack the enemies in the demo.  Aside from that, very nice.  I love the idea of Cursed Weapons.  Maybe make it so you cant unequip a Cursed Weapon (optional)?
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Blizzard

Yeah, using 7-zip to make zip files is actually a bad idea, because 7-zip likes to put stuff into the zip header and do other non-standard stuff. I have even had trouble accessing 7-zip files using the standard libzip.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

TimeKeeper

November 15, 2013, 09:43:57 am #4 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:55:24 am by TimeKeeper
I put a new demo. I use winrar for this one. I hope there will be no problem with this one.

--

The cursed weapon shoud only be unequipable using a special command.

--

I correct the animation issue.

ThallionDarkshine

November 15, 2013, 02:30:59 pm #5 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:55:16 pm by ThallionDarkshine
I get an error whenever i attack an enemy with a skill: undefined local method or variable 'evareduce' for <Game_Enemy>. It looks like you're only defining that variable in the else portion of the if statement. Also, you can unequip the cursed equipment, even though you cannot replace it with another piece of equipment. Also, when you try to reset equipment when you have nothing equipped in a certain slot, it gives this error: "undefined method: get_new_stat for nil:NilClass. Also, when adding an additional shield slot, it calls the helm slot "Off-Hand". Also, with 3 off-hand slots, when you equip a weapon in one slot, the other's slot's weapon is unequipped.

Zexion

If this works, then you've got pretty epic timing. Most of these features were some of the base features I needed!
Lev+ for youu

TimeKeeper

I corrected the bug when skill are use to attack the ennemy. I forgot to define a variable.

Now the cursed equipment are unequipable and can't be replace for an other piece of equipment.

The reset equipment now work correctly.

I corrected the naming of the slot in the window_equipright.

ThallionDarkshine

I just tested it, and you can still unequip the cursed weapon, although it can't be switched with other weapons.

Edit - Wait, did you just not finish uploading the new demo yet?

TimeKeeper

November 15, 2013, 07:17:54 pm #9 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:20:53 pm by TimeKeeper
It's the right demo. You shoudn't be able to unequip cursed weapon.

I found a case went you can unequip a cursed weapon.

ThallionDarkshine

I tested the reset equipment thing and it doesn't work either. If you have no weapon equipped, it gives a no method error on line 1506.

TimeKeeper

I put up a new demo with all the correction.

ThallionDarkshine