RTP Addon gallery and platform "Do it yourself"

Started by Wecoc, November 09, 2013, 07:49:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wecoc

November 09, 2013, 07:49:43 pm Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:55:11 pm by Wecoc
Well, I was working on some new resources for everyone... Also I will update as soon as I make more, so consider it's because Christmas is coming.

First of all, I did sort of a mapping tutorial and I released these edits:

Mountain01_Wecoc_Edit
Waterfall01
Waterfall02

Result: ShowHide

But the most important here is my platform "Do it yourself", which helped me a bit to do some of them.
I did a "Builtset" from the RTP which will allow you to make your own resources easily.

RTP_Buildset

It consists of a copy-paste resource set of all the most important textures included on RTP.

Doing a template and putting on it the textures it requires, allows to make in a simple way a new object.

I also did this template for you

RTP_Template

Example + Recolor:

You can post what you get with the builtset if you want to share it.
Sorry, but I have to say I will no accept requests except if they are easy to do. I'm a really busy man.

I will post some of my resourses soon. I will post also Eron's resources, he is using the builtset too and is an excellent graphist.
He gave me permission to post their stuff here, I shall specify who did each resource.
No credits needed in any case, all in this topic is free for use.

Heretic86

November 10, 2013, 10:07:41 pm #1 Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:10:34 pm by Heretic86
They look very nice.  Few problems tho, just picking nits.

The tileset looks like it needs transparency.  I can do that if you'd like.  Its just a matter of grabbing that shadow color and giving it a 50% transparency.  Lots of tilesets appear to have this issue.  The additional stuff at the bottom is excellent.  I might suggest also using transparency on that to make it "fade" into the next tile instead of a hard seam.  Makes it feel more like "murky" water.  Most of the water in XP is "murky" where you can't quite see the bottom.

Waterfalls appear to need more frames of animation, but the idea of using an Overlay instead of tying into the terrain is excellent.

The screenshot is OUTSTANDING.  +Rep

---

General note for anyone using Autotiles: hold down the SHIFT key when you click NEXT to an Autotile on the same layer to keep that autotile from auto changing on you.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Wecoc

Yes, it's true what you say, but I always prefer to do my resources without transparency because it's more pixel-like, and so more easily modifiable later (for example for recolors). But anyone is free to do his edits as he want.

Thank you so much for your opinion.

My first contributions using RTP_Buildset:

Spoiler: ShowHide

And these ones made by Eron:

I will do some more soon.

Heretic86

November 11, 2013, 03:34:06 am #3 Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 03:42:19 am by Heretic86
I look at that and immediately imagined a Hedgemaze.

---

Okay, I got somethin for ya.

One thing thats always bugged me is being unable to do Nautral lookin transitions from the cliff edges with grass to the cliff edges with rock borders.  Think that could be something to add in?
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Wecoc

November 11, 2013, 03:27:57 pm #4 Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:38:05 pm by Wecoc
I like the idea, do you mean something like this?

But I didn't need the template in this case.

Anyway I have an incredibly extended list of things to do with this, I don't know how long it will take until I finish. As I said I'm so busy this year.

As a reference, with this technique and my ideas list, I could fill around 4 packs like the one I posted one month ago. Nonetheless I will probably not do everything...

Heretic86

Not sure what the top example is, but I like it also.   But for a transition on a cliff edge from stone to grass, yeah, basically like the bottom one. 
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

AliveDrive

I know this was a few months ago, but I am interested in basic edits of the RTP to make a Summer/Fall/Winter version of the default Grassland(Gralssland xD) tileset.

I looked around on google for a few hours yesterday to no avail.

Can anyone tell me if something like that exists/how to do it myself using this "Buildset"?
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Wecoc

February 05, 2014, 06:12:06 pm #7 Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:54:46 am by Wecoc
I am so busy I can't do more stuff until holidays.

@AliveDrive:

I did this one long time ago, it's just a color edit.
http://s3.postimg.org/ucdzhe33n/test.png

For winter, I own only that.
http://s30.postimg.org/5vdrin9u5/snow.png

(No credits needed)

Edit: Also, in 2011 I did some non-pixel grassland edits. I don't like them so much (they are blurry) but maybe it's what you were looking for.
http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-12955/grassquest.zip

You don't need to be a great graphist, what you have to do is just practice editing resources. Don't think it's a large process, I learnt 90% of what I know with less than a year, and the second year was just to improve some technical details.

Wecoc

I did this cute Wood Tileset (Forest Tileset edit)
Hope you like!

Zexion

Oooh, I actually really like that for my rtp game. Nice