Dragon Fantasy: Heroes of Tsufana (Full/Complete Game)

Started by Ephiam, January 14, 2013, 05:58:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephiam

Genre:
Fantasy.

Engine:
RPG Maker 2003.

Download
http://rpgmaker.net/games/4220/

Story
This entry within the Dragon Fantasy series takes us into the magical world of Tsufana--a place where wizards and dragons reign supreme. These lands, however, face a grave crisis: Vlad, a famed Wizard hailing from the prosperous lands of Lispen, has defected, and now wields his magics with a dark purpose. In his quest for an unfathomable dark power, he has cursed the world and its inhabitants, transforming them into monsters and various other forms of demonic entities.

You take control of two siblings from the town of Ziazu. Mysteriously surviving their hometown's collapse under Vlad's curse, they set out with help from a brave knight and a well-renowned sage to end the evil wizard's vile curse and restore peace to the land.

Characters
Falcon
"The hero of the tale. He and his sister were the only survivors when Vlad's curse overcame their hometown."

Ludia
"The Hero's sister. Well-versed in the art of black magic, and very intelligent. Her hometown was destroyed by Vlad's curse when she was a child."

Torkus
"A great Sage hailing from the town of Borez. He wields potent healing magics, and knows much about the world and its inhabitants."

Armak
"Great warrior born and raised within the fishing village of Orul. His physical power is amazing, but he lacks the know-how to cast magic."

Credits
-Ephiam (Myself) for mapping, story creation, dialogue, etc.
-Various game series' such as Breath of Fire, Final Fantasy, etc. But namely Dragon Warrior.
-Enterbrain

Screen Shots
Spoiler: ShowHide

Discovering a very remote village in the mountains.

Battle against a group of monsters.

Exploring a cave.

Conversing with villagers.

Traveling the World.

Progress
100% complete.

Zexion

Some of those colors are a bit bright, but it's definitely nice to have a completed game! Will play eventually :P

Ephiam

"Arandomgamemaker" of RMN was kind enough to dedicate some of time towards writing a review for Heroes of Tsufana, and he gave it a whopping 4-out-of-5 stars! Awesome. Here's the link:

Heroes of Tsufana REVIEW

However I will also post it here for convenience's sake.

QuoteHeroes of Tsufana is a game created by Ephiam. (You probably already know that :P)
It attempts to emulate the oldschool Dragon Warrior games, and I must say it does a pretty darn good job about it.

Story: 3/5
You and you sister's town was destroyed by Vlad. The whole point of the game is to, well, defeat Vlad and bring peace back to the world.

Now, I don't really have much of a problem with these kinds of plots, but I do feel it could have been a bit more original. Still, it keeps you playing.

Graphics:5/5
They are NES Dragon Quest sprites. How could you possibly go wrong with that?

Mapping: 4/5
The way Ephiam made the mapping was to mimic the minimalistic style of Dragon Quest 1. Bearing that in mind, I think it is pretty accurate. None of the maps look ugly at all! I think the minimalist style actually compliments with this game very well.

Music:5/5
The music is also taken from Dragon Quests 1-4, which in my opinion automatically makes it awesome. However, this is the first time I've heard the soundtrack in MP3 format. That may not sound like a big deal, but MP3 format allows it to sound exactly like the original version.

Gameplay: 4/5
The battles are the traditional 2K3 ATB system. Depending on the game, this is either a good thing, or a bad thing. In this game, I think it is a good thing. The battles aren't long, boring, or slow, and they always seem enjoyable to me. I do wish that you could target multiple enemies at a time, though. It's not that big of an issue, but it does get annoying with large groups of enemies.

Gameplay outside of battle follow a pretty basic formula for the first two towns - get to town, go to dungeon, get treasure, fight boss, get out. However, as soon as you get the ship, the game opens up tremendously. In fact, it's very hard to figure out where to go next! It can be irritating, but I do like the freedom you have. Not to mention, all he treasure chests everywhere.

Replayability: 3/5
While there is a lot of stuff to do, I feel that there doesn't seem to be much of a point in replaying this game that much. Although, it does stay fun!

Pros:
-Fun, engaging battles.
-Awesome graphics and music
-Plenty to do.

Cons:
-It is a bit hard to figure out where to go.
-The story could be a bit better, but it's not that big of an issue.

Overall: 4/5

Ephiam

At long-last the "Hard" version (or should I say "Moderate"?) has been released! It features numerous updates which include re-balancing, increased difficulty, etc. Some of the new additions (or changes) include:

-Added Gameplay Timer.
-Faster ATB Speed.
-Changed Falcon, Ludia, and Torkus' MAX MP.
-Increased Armak's overall STR.
-Changed MP cost of Torkus' group-healing magics.
-Increased the amount of DMG that some of Ludia's higher-tier spells cause.
-Changed the duration of the "Stun" status to 2 turns instead of 1.
-Poison now deals 2% of MAX HP+ 3 DMG per-turn.
-Ludia no longer learns Ultima or Doomsday.
-Changed the stats on most weapons for Ludia and Armak to increase their efficiency and damage-output.
-Enemies have more EXP and G.
-Lower Encounter rate for World Map as well as some dungeons to compensate for higher difficulty.
-Increased enemy stats.
-Added extra pieces of equipment such as the Bubble Belt, Safety Ring, Demon Pin, etc.
-Ludia can learn group-targeting elemental spells after defeating their respective devils.
-Flame, Ice, Bolt, Wind, Earth, Holy and Dark Devils added as Optional Bosses that can be defeated to have Ludia learn her new spells.
-There will be a new Final Boss for players to face after besting Vladimir at his castle.
-New music.

There MAY be more which I forgot to include in that list which I compiled quite a while ago, but that's the bulk of it.

To access the new download, simply click the "Downloads" tab and click the Adventurer's Edition from the list. (90-odd MB =X )

ENJOY! =D