The Chaos Project Awards?

Started by GAX, July 21, 2008, 01:14:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Well, I know we're not as big as RMRK.net, but hey, why not?

Of course, we'd need a few catagories and stuff.

Think CP can pull it off?

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Punn

Most likely its gonna be pointless, everyone will obviously choose Blizzard, and his game, and that's about it.
Unless we get more active members, its a bad idea.

Blizzard

July 21, 2008, 08:50:56 am #2 Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 08:51:28 am by Blizzard
I agree with mumerus. If by the end of the year we have a fair amount of members, it might make more sense.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Lore

Why do we have to include Blizzard?

If we all know he will win already, and he's that godly, just exclude him from the vote. Give others a chance.

We all know Blizzard is god almighty and will win everything, so for once, we'll just exclude him...We have so many other potential members that could win. I vote that we should do this.
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

Blizzard

Ok, then we will exclude you, too. Oh, let's exclude SRK as well. an Ulta. And Aqua. Ah, to hell with it, let's exclude everyone! :D

Seriously, would YOU like to be excluded? There's no point in awards, the community is simply too small. Stop trying to turn this into RMRK 2.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

Yay, Blizzard thought of me pretty early! And Ulta! And Aqua!~

We do have a giant fair share of active members, but a lot of the active members don't do these sort of contributions. For example, only 21 users voted in my Random Poll. If there's only 21 votes or something for an awards, that's too little. Wait until it grows, and we only delve our way OUT of RMRK's ideas.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

You should see the new skin ideas I have. <_<;

Diokatsu

August 16, 2008, 06:23:01 pm #7 Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 06:49:25 pm by Diokatsu
Edit: sorry Blizz I was kidding about that whole pride thing. Guess I should have signified it :\. Don't take me too seriously next time please. i like to joke, but I'll try and keep things down.

::::My take on things:::

Spoiler: ShowHide
Well i for one do not support these awards. I don't want to cause strife amonst us and bad tension cause "'so-and-so' won an award and it was so MY award!" You know, that kind of bull crap that no one wants to deal with. I feel as though a good comunity has no need to signify who is "superior" with awards but rather an openness for all members to succeed in ALL areas equally.

Blizzard

Ok, Dio, then we will exclude you from the awards. Seriously, that's just mean.

Lost_Hope

just wait untill Galenia is close to finishing! Then there will be some competition!
lol

Valcos

Hey Dio.... STFU!!! >:(

Joking!!.... Your my fav... id vote for you?

We should adventually get awards for the forum (even tho i wouldnt get any :P) think it would bring more production or w.e to the forum :haha:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Fallen Angel X

Yeah awards sound pretty cool. Might give me a reason to step up my game a lil bit :P But I mean... if you guys are all against it...  :^_^':

If the awards actually happen, this is my opportunity to beat blizz :evil: he's the guy I must beat at all costs!!!!! But then again I'm not quite at his level yet. So I suppose waiting is a good thing too.

Starrodkirby86

Tons of Shit and Arshes Gets Sexy is sooooo going to win the awards...

:V:

----
If we are doing awards, we need enough active members. I'm sure we have a good bunch of active members, especially newbies. However, there needs to be more, enough to make the votes fluctuate and meaty, somewhere around 20 or more I suppose.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Fallen Angel X

20 or more? Sounds fine with me. 20 more people to compete with!!!!!! but more importantly if Blizz competes I'm taking him down :evil: BY that time me and Valcos will have a more ownage game then him 8)

But who would the judges be? I'd so nominate SRK, Ulta, and Blizz but if blizz is a judge I cant compete with him T.T

legacyblade

I, for one, think the awards are a good idea. I think excluding Blizzard, or ANYONE for that matter is just totally pointless. Blizz wouldn't win all the categories (especially if we have a Spam King award), nor would excluding him make it feel like community awards. I think there can be some serious awards, like best RM game, and some more quirky awards like most frequent avatar change, spam king, oddest username, etc.

but blizz has the final call

Diokatsu

Most likely to get a muffin punch?

I'd bank on me. Maybe we should make our own categories!

Blizzard

The forum is getting more and more active which means that there might be awards soon. Well, there could be awards at the end of the year, who knows.

Diokatsu

Good to see that we're getting active although I still oppose the awards.

Blizzard

Starrodkirby86

Well, it can always be a friendly competition. And votes are anonymous unless the user tells who they voted for...So maybe some unknown active member can always arise and decide on some votes...The CP Awards is something someone should be proud of for contributing and being family to Chaos-Project, so bitter hatred should not be there...After all, who experienced bitter hatred in Awards like The Oscars or Grammy's? f(o_o)