The Chaos Project Awards?

Started by GAX, July 21, 2008, 01:14:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Diokatsu

I'd say we should rule out members who have less than 100 posts all around including SPAM. Blizz can sort it like that prolly.

Blizzard

Yeah, I can. And that's not such a bad idea. We'll see, end of the year is still far away.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

Very true. Who knows who'll get what? The most important thing is to keep these fun. I'm only against the awards because I foresee catastrophe in all this competition.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Diokatsu on September 07, 2008, 01:01:20 am
Very true. Who knows who'll get what? The most important thing is to keep these fun. I'm only against the awards because I foresee catastrophe in all this competition.
There will only be catastrophe if you provoke it. If you ignore it and help with making the experience fun, the chance of someone getting bitter and angry will lessen. Only n00bs really get giant emotional Internet drama-s anyway, at least, giant act-outs (Not suggesting Lost_Hope, he learned his lesson so he's perfectly all right :D). It would lead to some depression if you're deeply into the forum, but it's nothing really bad, unless if you intertwined yourself with CP, which is not a good thing to do. :X

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

Now Star, don't start telling others what is good or not...It's fine to become attached if you feel it is neccessary...Be forewarned that it may lead to disappointment, however. All members have a freedom to act as they please to a degree and these awards commend the actions of SOME. This practice of singling out others becasue they spend extra time rewards gratification for sure but a disappointment as well. And the ones who wouldn't care that they didn't get an award don't deserve it, in my mind. The very people who achieve the status or reputability that would confer upon them such an award to bring them pride, HAVE infact entertwined themselves with CP. It is not from half-hearted contributions that one gains acceptance as a contributer but through a true joy in seeing their work praised. And in that joy comes the "dependance" that you so harmfully scorn.

Blizzard

I agree. On the other side I AM detached from the forum, but that doesn't mean that I don't care. There are different kinds of dedication.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

Of course. I think the awards should go on dispite this but try and mnot make a big deal of them. Make it like a casual thing... With minisigs 8) and make every member get an award, despite their productivity :V?

Shadonking

i agree with the awards, alot of people put alot of effort here and deserve some thing in return.

you should make different catagories like. tileset making, Music workshops, charset making, scripts, events etc etc so a good selection have something to aim for.

there should be 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place as well.

this would be cool becuase at least some one like me has a chance of atl east getting one (knowing my luck i'll lose anyway lol)

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Diokatsu

I think it should be onlt one winner and no 2nd place or 3rd..

POST #666  :evil:

Shadonking

no, becuase that means there is only competition between the a small group of people becuase no one else will have a chance.

]

rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

Diokatsu

Since when did anyone else have a chance for 1st if they got 2nd?

You make no sense....We don't nominate we vote anon. Regardless of who would have earned a second or a third place, the 1st place will still stand. That's why we want more awards. 2nd place just says you were good, you helped, BUT someone was better. Only one person should get that recognition. That will prevent all the stress that a full blow competition brings.

Starrodkirby86

I don't agree with a first place being the only position available. I'm more accepting of kicking third place though and only keeping first and second, second being the "Runner-Up". Some awards do this sort of system, and I feel it is a nice compromise. That way, it still gives room for more winners, while not having too much winners.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

I'd agree with that if we HAD to have another position. 3rd is like the straggler who couldn't keep up, not in all cases is that true of course.

Shadonking

3rd place would be pointless, wouldt it.

i agree with Starrodkirby86 about just having 1st, 2nd.

you chould make there ribbon (or what ever they win)for there sig gold for 1st and silver for 2nd

]

Diokatsu

How bout no ribbons but minisigs.....

Shadonking

sounds good to be, they will look better

]