Is this passable for casual gaming

Started by Tazero, December 03, 2013, 03:06:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazero

[HP Pavilion 17-e016dx (ecx-Bes-US-ecx_2287004) AMD Quad-Core A8-Series APU with AMD Radeon HD 8550G Graphics 17.3inch 4GB RAM 750GB HD Windows 8 ]

I'm not too sure about hardware but it might be worthwhile to me to get into <3
While usually I'm a console gamer I do enjoy my MMO's and TF2 (I don't plan on going to CoD/BF/Halo on PC but most F2P (LoL, Nexon Games etc.)

I can play Most Nexon Games at a minimum of 30 FPS usually higher. What do you guys think?

If you were a fish...

WhiteRose

Definitely passable for gaming. The 17 inch screen will look great, and a Radeon HD 8550 is nothing to scoff at. You should be fine. :)

Blizzard

Though, I suggest you try to get an i5 or i7 Intel CPU. AMD is lagging a lot behind in CPUs lately. Today's games also use a lot of CPU, not just GPU. e.g. I used to have problems with previous AMD CPU laptops where the frame rate would drop only for a short moment which indicates a CPU overhead at that moment. My new i7 laptop works great on the other hand (I have an HD 7500 I think).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Tazero

Quote from: Blizzard on December 04, 2013, 02:31:56 am
Though, I suggest you try to get an i5 or i7 Intel CPU. AMD is lagging a lot behind in CPUs lately. Today's games also use a lot of CPU, not just GPU. e.g. I used to have problems with previous AMD CPU laptops where the frame rate would drop only for a short moment which indicates a CPU overhead at that moment. My new i7 laptop works great on the other hand (I have an HD 7500 I think).

Alright ill look into it :) thanks guys

If you were a fish...