X-Box 360 requesting a harddrive for classic X-Box game

Started by Memor-X, November 12, 2013, 08:16:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

When my dad when to play an old Xbox game on the 360 it came up with an error saying that the 360 needed a hard drive in order to play Xbox games and refused to load it. This is weird as just moments before my dad was playing Assassin's Creed 3 and after the error he went onto Battlefield Bad Company 2 and I even checked that the hard drive was detected in the system > memory section.

The X-Box game itself was named something like Big Game Hunter or something and it has an image of a grizzly bear on the front. As for the 360, I'm not entirely sure what generation it is but it's black and has a hard drive which is only about 2GB and the hard drive is inside the 360 and not on top like the first and second gen consoles, I think, i checked the hard drive space and there's 1.5 GB, when i played Legacy of Kain Defiance on another 360 it didn't take no where near that much so i don't think that another X-Box Game would need more than 1.5 GB cause.

does anyone know why did I get this message if a hard drive is in there and working?

WhiteRose

I'm sorry that it's not working for you; that's too bad. :( I don't know very much about playing Xbox games on the 360. If it has to install the whole disk to the hard drive, 1.5GB probably isn't enough room.

Do you think that you could try using a USB drive? I use one for Rock Band songs on my 360 that it works really well.

G_G

Is the xbox 360 the slim or super slim model? If so, they come with internal flash memory which is usally about 4GB. Which means you need to go and find a hard drive to put into it.

Slim:
http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/07/xbox-360-slim-review/xbox-36-slim-3.jpg

Super Slim:
http://static1.thcdn.com/productimg/0/600/600/54/10817154-1370891944-555782.jpg

If that is the case, you're gonna need something like this. Which is an actual hard drive. I haven't actually played with a super slim, but I know on a slim model, theres a removable panel on one of the sides. And the hard drive slides right into it.

Memor-X

Quote from: gameus on November 13, 2013, 09:19:04 am
Is the xbox 360 the slim or super slim model? If so, they come with internal flash memory which is usally about 4GB. Which means you need to go and find a hard drive to put into it.

it's the slim model, i recognize the shape but what's the difference between the flash memory and a harddrive since it's saving game data from Assassin's Creed 3 and Battlefield Bad Company 2

G_G

Because those games are 360 games. And the hard drive itself is already partitioned for 360 save data. I'm just taking a stab here, but I'm pretty sure original Xbox save data is in a different format and it needs to make a small partition for xbox game saves. That's just my guess.

Memor-X

Quote from: gameus on November 13, 2013, 07:10:41 pm
Because those games are 360 games. And the hard drive itself is already partitioned for 360 save data. I'm just taking a stab here, but I'm pretty sure original Xbox save data is in a different format and it needs to make a small partition for xbox game saves. That's just my guess.

that seems weird, is it the same with the first and second gen X-Box 360 harddrive, the ones that sat on the top?

G_G

With the older 360's (except for one), there wasn't internal memory, it had to have a hard drive for saves. There was only one version that ever had internal memory, that was the Arcade version of the White 360, and it only had 4GB as well. It still required a hard drive for original xbox games, however.