Resolved/Guide: Event Creation

Started by Shek, November 21, 2013, 02:07:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shek

November 21, 2013, 02:07:09 am Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 10:06:29 pm by Shek
I was having trouble creating an event, not because Blizz abs isn't great at it, it is; just because I got lost in the sea of []'s and ()'s required to properly create an event.  Thanks to the help of my Finnish friend, we were able to properly execute creating an enemy with a script.

This is SO freakin useful. Imagine:
-killing a big fat slime and having it explode into 4 little slimes that you have to kill. 
-Walking past a crack in the wall and having it spit out enemies
-Fighting a big boss who spawns dopplegangers or additional enemies as part of his sequence of attacks

These can all be done with events, true, but it's so much quicker to just have blizz abs create the events for you:

here's the final script call we used (in bold are what you should change):

Spoiler: ShowHide
$BlizzABS.create_event(mapX,mapY,'\e[10]',
[[[],
[0, 'GRAPHIC', 0, 4, 3, 255, 0],
[false,true,[]],
true,false,false,false,false,0,
[]
]])

Original Post:
I have been reading the event creation chapter of the manual and I admit it, I am just completely overwhelmed by brackets and I can't seem to properly create an enemy event.

I simply want to create an event called '/e[20]' with fixed movement, regular opacity, speed 3 and refresh rate 6, a graphic called 'bugmedium', and nothing else special about it.

Yet no matter what I try, I either get a syntax error, or I get an event with the proper graphic that doesn't behave like the enemy.

Sase

November 21, 2013, 09:49:21 am #1 Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:50:44 pm by Sase
Can you post the command you're using to create the event?

Edit: we resolved this problem in Skype.

Heretic86

Quote from: Sase on November 21, 2013, 09:49:21 am
Can you post the command you're using to create the event?

Edit: we resolved this problem in Skype.

Other people could benefit by learning from what went wrong, but Im glad you got it working...
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

WhiteRose

This looks great! I know this is a feature that people have requested a few times before. If you'd like to polish this topic up a little bit, we can probably move it to the Event Database. :)