Database and Prices

Started by firevenge007, November 24, 2013, 12:49:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

firevenge007

Hey!

So for a while now, I haven't been using shops to put good items for sale anymore, because in the database, it caps at 99,999 coins.
If you scroll with a mouse, you can bypass this by simpling scrolling up to the desired number you want, but it takes a long time to get to even 200,000 coins.

Is there any way where I could input the id of an item, weapon, or armor along with the pricetag next to it, so that in the shop it sells for a much higher price?

Thank you.

Shek

I'm sure that this is possible, but I have to ask, can't you just adjust the curve of prices in your game?

99,999g is rather arbitrary, does the amount of gold in your game have to scale that high?  If you simply lowered the amount of gold dropped from monsters you could set the numbers to a much more manageable amount.

firevenge007

My game is so big in the amount of things that are able to be done, that money is gained exponentially so that people do not get bored and have goals to achieve.

Many people who have played for a while have hundreds of millions and sometimes billions of coins.

KK20

Not sure of the extent of what you are asking. There are database limit breaker scripts around here if the whole "clicking to get numbers higher than 99999" is the problem. There are probably some shop scripts that allow you to adjust the prices of specific items for different shops as well. Just look around the script database (or Google).

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

firevenge007

I've been searching for a while now, and I couldn't find any that gave you the ability to input an item at a specific price in the shop.

The closest thing I found was something that manipulated the % of buy and sell shop prices.

If you find anything, please, share!

KK20

Hmm...I guess I can make a quick script for that. Might have something tomorrow at the latest.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!