[XP] Heretic's Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

Started by Heretic86, November 26, 2013, 09:22:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Sa

KK20

Is "what" compatible with any ABS?

This is a collection of scripts that you pick and choose what to throw into your project. Surely Heretic mentions what scripts work together; he was extremely thorough with his words.

There are several ABS's and no one is really going to take their time to verify with EVERY SINGLE ONE to test for compatibility. Honestly, you should choose an ABS that you like first, THEN look at Heretic's scripts to help narrow down what scripts you can use.

Also note that there may be some scripts that don't work "straight out of the box" and require some modifications (sometimes minor) to be compatible with others. So do ask if it's possible if script A can work with script B before ruling it out completely.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

The_Sa

Thanks.
I just loved this collection so much, that the only thing i wanted to change were the battle system.
I was wondering if any ABS was already tested... i will try some of my favorite and try to use them.

Thank you for your help.

mickeyhere

Hello! Should I do something? I've donwload the complete 2.4 version, but when I click to run, it freezes and close.

KK20

Other Projects

mickeyhere

KK20 gonna try it right now

EDIT: Awesome! It worked! Thank you

Ssinssrigg

Wow! This is amazing!
What is the license/copyright of that scripts?
Is it not forbidden to modify them and use in any production (including commercial) as long as authors will be included in credits? Or I should feel free to do so as long as I credit everyone :D

Heretic86

Quote from: Ssinssrigg on April 19, 2021, 09:01:15 amWow! This is amazing!
Is it not forbidden to modify them and use in any production (including commercial) as long as authors will be included in credits? Or I should feel free to do so as long as I credit everyone :D

License is decided by the original or current Rights Holder.  In case of my scripts in this pack, FREE FOR COMMERCIAL USE so long as you give me credit!

There is a ton of other stuff in the collection that come from other people too, KK20, Blizzard, etc.  Enterbrain obviously has the license for all of their content, but just so you know, much of the graphics content does not come from me.  To the best of my knowledge, the additional graphics and audio assets are covered by the Rights they granted, and I believe they were all also free.  None the less, I would still give all those people proper credits too so dont forget about them!

Oh, you can modify the scripts if you need to...
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Ssinssrigg

Quote from: Heretic86 on May 06, 2021, 08:22:59 pm
Quote from: Ssinssrigg on April 19, 2021, 09:01:15 amWow! This is amazing!

License is decided by the original or current Rights Holder.  In case of my scripts in this pack, FREE FOR COMMERCIAL USE so long as you give me credit!

There is a ton of other stuff in the collection that come from other people too, KK20, Blizzard, etc.  Enterbrain obviously has the license for all of their content, but just so you know, much of the graphics content does not come from me.  To the best of my knowledge, the additional graphics and audio assets are covered by the Rights they granted, and I believe they were all also free.  None the less, I would still give all those people proper credits too so dont forget about them!

Oh, you can modify the scripts if you need to...

Thank you! You did amazing job with thi game/demo and scripts :)

driffychris

Having issues with loading the TransformBitmap.dll file. Just getting an error that says "failed to load TransformBitmap.dll". Not sure how to proceed and new to this stuff so I'm kinda clueless lol.

KK20

Are you trying to run the demo or are you moving scripts over to your project? If the former, it's probably the way how Heretic built the DLL that isn't supported by your OS. But it's impossible to say without really knowing more about your environment.

Other Projects

Tahona

Hi everyone!
Same here:
Quote from: driffychris on June 08, 2022, 10:30:31 amHaving issues with loading the TransformBitmap.dll file. Just getting an error that says "failed to load TransformBitmap.dll". Not sure how to proceed and new to this stuff so I'm kinda clueless lol.

I have already pasted the Dynamic Light script, load the lights graphic bin and placed the .dll in the game.exe path as said...

However the game doesn't run following the same error: failed to load TransformBitmap.

How can I fix this? Any clue? 🙏🏼

I was very very excited to get started with the Lighting... 😢

KK20

Other Projects

Tahona

Quote from: KK20 on June 22, 2022, 08:06:05 pmDid Heretic's demo run for you?

Yep

Quote from: Tahona on June 22, 2022, 07:53:48 pmHowever the game doesn't run following the same error: failed to load TransformBitmap.

Here's a screenshot of the error:

Spoiler: ShowHide

KK20

Already answered in PM but repeating anyways.

Screenshot clearly shows mkxp-z usage which doesn't allow 32-bit DLLs. And if you rebuild the DLL for 64-bit, RGSS Bitmap data is not the same as mkxp's, so some editing would be required.

Other Projects

Heretic86

Do I need to put together a different version?

I included the source code for the .dll with the collection...

Sorry for the delay, havent been very active here lately...
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KK20

It's not worth the hassle. Unless you REALLY want to support mkxp-z, there's nothing needed from your side.

Other Projects

Queenvespi

The download links seem broken.
I click them, a tab opens then immediately closes.
 :(

KK20

Quote from: Queenvespi on September 05, 2022, 11:33:34 amThe download links seem broken.
I click them, a tab opens then immediately closes.
 :(
I've updated the links to use HTTPS. Chrome doesn't like it when you use HTTP on HTTPS websites. Firefox, for example, doesn't.

Other Projects

crazyboko

Hello everybody !

I come here to ask for help and find a scriptwriter.

It took me 15 years to finish my rpg game and I am now embarking on a remaster/remake project.
The main goal is to improve the beginning of the game.

At the same time, I also try to improve its design flaws, such as an imperfect combat system.
And that's how I came across the Heretic's collection and this Chaos Project forum.
Hard to imagine the new version of my game without the improvements brought by these scripts.

But I need help to use some of them, to modify others, even to create 2-3 new ones.

I thus made a list of the obstacles which I face and which I must regulate with the participation of a scriptwriter.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZI12K_uqRBA33d_a4MhO6tnwDcJ-Dg23yD1LSvTCcEM/edit?usp=sharing

One or the other request could still appear, because I'm still learning how to handle all these scripts. But the vital essential to my project is there.

My nickname is Crazyboko, I'm French and my game is called "La Lutte des Opposés" (The Fight of Opposites, or, The Opposite Struggle).
Here is a trailer :

Long version :
https://youtu.be/TQUFbJUY6Zk

Most interesting part :
https://youtu.be/TQUFbJUY6Zk?t=135

So I'm looking for someone who can manage the scripts of the Heretic's collection.
Someone who is willing to be linked to my game with his name in the opening and closing credits (in addition to the names of the collection).

I am ready to pay something. We will have to negotiate a price. I'm not very rich either, but we can discuss that.

I will try to make my game marketable, but it is more likely for the moment that it never will be (neither original music nor artwork either).

Here is the link of the demo/prototype of the remake (unfinished title screen and first scenery under construction) :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ddiea466zutq9fg/La_Lutte_des_Oppos%25C3%25A9s_-_Remake.rar/file

Forgive me for my English. It will be better for me to communicate in writing than orally.

thank you for your attention