Think my laptop died.

Started by Spoofus, December 10, 2013, 02:58:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoofus

December 10, 2013, 02:58:50 pm Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:00:50 pm by Spoofus
I have ran into a situation with my laptop sadly.
I think it may be dead for good, but I am curious if it could be fixed.

The other day I was using it just fine, and then I closed it up to put it into hibernate you know, while I went out for a little bit, and when I got back
I opened it up and turned it back on from hibernate mode, only to get a blank black screen (nothing showed up) and the fan came on for maybe 5-10 seconds then just stops and nothing happens at all. I have tried some solutions I read on tech support sites, even hooked it up to another monitor via VGA cable and still nothing is shown on the screen that way either.

Has anyone ever experienced this and if so, have you managed to bring it back to life, or is it just dead?

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

locowhiteknight

QuoteI have ran into a situation with my laptop sadly.I think it may be dead for good, but I am curious if it could be fixed.
The other day I was using it just fine, and then I closed it up to put it into hibernate you know, while I went out for a little bit, and when I got back I opened it up and turned it back on from hibernate mode, only to get a blank black screen (nothing showed up) and the fan came on for maybe 5-10 seconds then just stops and nothing happens at all. I have tried some solutions I read on tech support sites, even hooked it up to another monitor via VGA cable and still nothing is shown on the screen that way either.
Has anyone ever experienced this and if so, have you managed

Is the computer definitely turning on? Are you getting any LEDs lit up? If so are they staying on after the fan cuts out?
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

Blizzard

I've had similar experiences. It's likely that your graphics card is broken.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

@locowhiteknight
Yes it turns on, and stays on but it just stays at blank screen of nothingness and the fan stops working after a few seconds.

@Blizzard
Yeah, I had tried all the solutions possible and that seems to be the most likely thing that is causing the problem

WhiteRose

That's too bad. :( I'm sorry that your computer died. Do you think that you'll be able to replace the graphics card, or is it an integrated one?

Spoofus

WhiteRose

Quote from: Spoofus on December 11, 2013, 07:36:03 am
It is a integrated card sadly

Aww. That's too bad. :( At least there are usually a few good deals on laptops around Christmas time.