Gameus' Holiday Giveaway! - Week 2 - And the winnners are....

Started by G_G, December 15, 2013, 12:21:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Gameus' Holiday Giveaway
Week 2 - Role-play week
locowhiteknight
Colonel Blinx
Zexion
Ryex

(posting this one a bit early, I'll be busy most of Sunday so I won't be able to post it early in the morning)

This week, I'll be giving away some fun RPG games, all which are through Steam. So how do you get a chance to win these awesome games? Read below!

• Magicka - Gift Link

• Final Fantasy VII - Gift through Steam (I will send it to your e-mail)

• Knights of Pen and Paper - Steam Key

• Anodyne - Steam Key

This week, instead of one person getting games, four people will have a chance. Unless we don't get enough contestants, if only two-three people are participating, then I'll decide how to split the prizes after the weeks over.

Rules

Each week, the rules will be different. And you'll have to do different things to be entered into the drawing. This weeks rules:

• Can have any number of posts, so if you're new, don't be shy!

• You can get up to 7 entries yet again, however some effort is required.

• Sunday/Monday - Post your favorite Holiday song(s) (Post once each day to get two entries

• Tuesday/Wednesday - Share your favorite Holiday treat(s) (Same as above)

• Thursday - What's your favorite part about the Holiday season?

• Friday - What are you doing for the Holidays?

• Saturday - Favorite Holiday Memory

The way the drawings will work for this one is, first person picked gets first pick at a game.
Second person gets second pick and so on and so fourth. Each winner will be PM'd requesting which game they'd like.

Disclaimer

This weeks contest is still complete chance. The winner will be randomly selected. Every week will be different and some weeks will have bigger prizes, some weeks will have multiple winners. I also meant to start this giveaway on December 1st, but I got preoccupied, so the giveaway will probably leak into January.

If you happen to already have these particular games, you can give the giftable links to anyone you want.

Drawings will take place December 21st, around 6-8 PM Mountain Time, once the topic is locked, there won't be anymore entries. There will be one final reply to this topic with the winner, whom I will PM with the prize. Every Sunday, there will be a new giveaway topic until the giveaway is over.

WhiteRose

Your video for picking the winner last time was awesome, G_G. :D
Do you really have a level 47 elf?

G_G

Thanks. :3 I've actually grown to like how my voice sounds, I used to hate it.

And no, I just gotta come up with something related to the prizes. Looking forward to you and the rest of the community to participate in this one.

Spaceman McConaughey

Neoend

My personal favorite is "Feliz Navidad"
I'm a sucker for catchy choruses 
Hey! if you like webcomics and other fun distractions check out my site:
www.laforix.com

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on December 16, 2013, 07:20:01 am
Favorite holiday song? Aw yeah:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5rOO2v2dU

I also loooooooove this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OORsz2d1H7s

And back to bed I go.

The first song... I hadn't heard before. It's definitely interesting. But the donkey mask.... I might have nightmares.

And I also love the second song. :D Good times.

Quote from: Ryex on December 16, 2013, 02:24:55 pm
my favorite is this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc

This was very cool. :) I know the song, but haven't heard this arrangement before. Definitely very cool.

As for my favorite Christmas song, I really like Greensleeves. :) Actually, a little while ago, I made an arrangement of it for cello and piano and played it with a friend. I just put it on YouTube if you want to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvT4auUMeuQ.

It's a live recording and we had just put the song together that day, so it's not the greatest as far as balance and occasionally out of tune notes, but I think it's kind of fun. :)

locowhiteknight

QuoteAs for my favorite Christmas song, I really like Greensleeves. Happy Actually, a little while ago, I made an arrangement of it for cello and piano and played it with a friend.

Wow. That was really good, Whiterose. Nice job!  :)

I think I'll have to submit this link for review:

Spoiler: ShowHide

j/k

But seriously my submission for today is:

Spoiler: ShowHide

Reminds me of my grandma.

Happy holidays!
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

G_G

Loving all the songs you guys are posting! And it's nice to see a bit more of the community joining in on this one. Holiday treat posts for Tuesday and Wednesday, drop in both times with a post and you'll get another entry each day. :3

locowhiteknight

Treats... hmm... I'm going to pick an odd one, but a staple at our holiday get-togethers:               

Stuffed Jalepenos

Basically you cut raw Jalepenos in half discarding the seeds, then wash the peppers really well.

Cook up some Sage sausage.

Mix the sausage with some cream cheese.

Stuff the peppers with said mix and bake in the over for about 15-20 min @ 350F or ((350-32)/1.8)C

Towards the end sprinkle on a little Parmesan cheese.

Extremely simple to make and extremely awesome to eat.   :)

Enjoy!

Ryex

personalty my favorite is Chocolate Fudge. every year me and my mom team up to make some home made fudge for the season. it takes 2 of us because you have to bring sugar and butter to 250 Fernhight and then stir in the chocolate and marshmallow before it cools and crystallizes, you have to be fast.

My other favorite that we haven't done in a while is gingerbread houses. Me and my sister are actually planning on building one this weekend.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

Quote from: Ryex on December 17, 2013, 05:13:54 pm
My other favorite that we haven't done in a while is gingerbread houses. Me and my sister are actually planning on building one this weekend.

That sounds like so much fun! You should post a picture when you're finished.

I actually don't eat too many holiday treats, but around Christmas time, my family will always buy a whole artichoke, and then we cook it and eat it with butter. It's so delicious, if a little bit unusual.

Neoend

When the holidays come on knocking the pig head starts rolling.
but yeah the big thing for the holidays is usually a pretty big pig over the fire.
www.laforix.com

Spaceman McConaughey

G_G

My favorite holiday treat is fudge. My grandma makes her homemade fudge every year, I swear every bite I take disintegrates my teeth even more. It's the sweetest stuff you'll ever eat.

Zexion

I like the idea of this one. I didn't want to post because I won on the last one... buuut I like this thread D:
Anywho, my favorite treat is probably the bunuelos my aunt makes. (if you've never heard of them look here.
We all used to help my grandma make them when we were kids and so it has become a sort of tradition now lol.

G_G

Thursday! Time to post again. I'll be participating for the remainder of the days but don't worry it won't count against anyones chances.

My favorite time about the holidays is the sweets. Like I said before, my grandma makes some awesome fudge. Aside from that, my friend Dianne makes a box of cookies for my family every year, she's got some mad baking skills, so I always look forward to that. Not to mention I love getting gifts for people, I love seeing that I made someone smile at the least.

Neoend

I think one of my favorite bits was just staying up with my sister into Christmas, just cuz then we'd rush around the house and Merry Christmas everyone
www.laforix.com

Spaceman McConaughey

My favorite time about the holidays is the drive over to my Grandparent's house, and the Christmas music on the radio during said drive.
I also love spending time with everyone at their house, too.

locowhiteknight

My favorite part about the holidays is the 'spirit' of it all. I like seeing strangers being genuinely kind to each other, with a heart-felt "Merry Christmas" to a person they may have otherwise not paid any attention to. I also like seeing people showing concern for others who may be less fortunate this year by donating time, money, food, presents, etc... so that nobody is "left out in the cold" come Christmas Day. That's it I guess; people being kind to each other.