Gotta love backups

Started by Blizzard, December 29, 2013, 07:15:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I've been having a problem with my Android phone for a few weeks. I kept getting a "No connection" error when opening Play Store even though my Internet was working perfectly fine. On top of that I kept getting the dreaded "com.google.process.gapps has unexpectedly stopped working" error a lot randomly during usage. I've googled and tried everything (except a factory reset). Nothing helped. But then I tried restoring a few Google related apps from my last backup this summer (using Titanium Backup) and after a reboot, it started working again. :D

I also lost all my contacts this summer, but yet again a 2-month-old backup saved my ass. Remember to keep backing up your stuff. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Did you try clearing Google Apps local saved data, then rebooting into the recovery menu and clearing cache/dalvik cache? Also google backs everything up for me, other than app data, but it keeps my contacts and list of downloaded apps. After a new install and I sign in, it'll start downloading the apps I had previously installed.

Blizzard

I tried all of that like 5 times. xD

I disabled syncing, because I don't trust Google. I don't want my phone contacts to get mixed up with the shitloads of email contacts I have since there was a time where GMail would add anybody to the contact list if they sent you an email. They still kinda do.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

I've been having that play store problem too... ever since I did that kitkat upgrade...

Blizzard

It's not just Kitkat. Play Services updates itself in the background without you confirming anything. That's what happened to me. Google messed up. :/