A "From the beginning" video series.

Started by Ryex, December 31, 2013, 02:38:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

December 31, 2013, 02:38:28 pm Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:27:44 pm by Ryex
I've been searching for a way to properly introduce people to programming for a long while now. A way that can properly bridge the gap between understanding a programming language and knowing how to program and I think I've finally found a way. I'm planning on starting a video series  that tries to teach programming form the bottom up using a screen cast style set up. are people interested?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

KK20

Here's the opening script:

"HEY WORTHLESS BASEMENT DWELLER!"
"Wait, what--"
"HAVE YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM LIKE THE BIG LEAGUES?"
"How did you even get--"
"GOOD! UNLIKE COLLEGE, YOU WON'T NEED THOSE DAMN HUGE TEXTBOOKS THAT EXPLAIN MENIAL INFORMATION IN 20 UNNECESSARY PAGES." *throws book at guy*
*guy falls off chair*
"INSTEAD, WE'LL JUST GET RIGHT INTO THE NITTY GRITTY STUFF! LET'S GO!"
*zoom in on computer*

Shouldn't you finish the editor first :T

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Ryex

December 31, 2013, 07:29:33 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:35:09 pm by Ryex
Oh, the editor is my priority. but at the same time sometimes I have free time but just can't work on it because I'm burned out. the video series would be a alternative project to occupy myself with

Also, thats a bloody brilliant intro. I might just steal it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

PhoenixFire

I would be interested to see how that turns out.. Also, I love that opener hahaaha
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Zexion

Would be pretty cool. I'd be more interested if it was a video series on taking what you know (as a beginner) and moving on. I've read tons of tutorials for beginners, taken 3 beginner classes, etc. So, I get these beginner subjects, but what I need help with is moving on... I don't know if I made any sense haha.

KK20

I get what you mean. Game programming helped build my coding skills a lot. But for people who don't even have an interest in making games...there really isn't anything that they can do (reasonably) to improve their skills. Sure you can make more Payroll applications or database programs like you already do (hundreds of times...) in school, but what about an actual project you can call your own?

Hell, talk to any computer science guy at my college and, if they have no interest in game programming, they do zero programming over the break.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!