The Tekken Thread

Started by Ranquil, January 03, 2014, 05:08:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranquil

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this already.

Are there other Tekken players besides me here? What Tekken games do you play / have you played? What are your opinions on the games? What characters do you use the most often? Do you have a story behind playing the series?

I "began" playing Tekken by laying the demo versions of Tekken 3 and later Tekken 4 when I was little. Most of this "playing" was done by spamming X and O with Eddy/Christie lol. I think I was 12, 13 or 14 when I got Tekken 5 and, well, I kinda got hooked. For some reason I started playing with Xiaoyu and I still main her to this day. I never actually became good in the game but I enjoyed playing it and I never got to play against an actual person, so who cares? For some stupid reason I later exchanged the game to some other game in a local game store, so I couldn't play Tekken again for a while. I later used an emulator to try Tekken Advance but it wasn't very good and later I borrowed Tekken 2 from a friend. About a year and a half ago I got myself Tekken 6 for PSP and I noticed I never got any worse during the years of not playing. Too bad my PSP is modded so I can't play online with it.
However, I bought PS3 this summer, so I downloaded Tekken Revolution. This was my first experience of playing against someone who actually also plays the game. It was very enlightening to play against a real person instead of a computer. Finally, after I grew tired of the coin system, I bought Tekken Tag Tournament 2 a few days ago.
And oh my God am I hooked!

As I already said, I main Xiaoyu. I'm also good with Alisa because I still haven't got Xiaoyu in Revolution, I got Alisa fast and I liked her in Tekken 6. You can find me playing TTT2 or sometimes Revolution by the name of "ranquil", if anyone's interested. I'm very casual concerning the game but I'm not a total beginner.
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

ShadowPierce

The game is pretty fun, and I did have times before when I'd invite friends over just to play it. I use Steve mostly as my main, so you can say I'm pretty much a big cheat. Some of my gamer friends say it's a casual fighting game though, compared to SF or BlazBlue.

I just recently got a PS3 and am planning to get the latest version of it sometime soon (Tag 2, wasn't it?). I don't have Wifi yet, but when I do, I'll try to hit you up here so we can go for a match. :D

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890