New Years Foolishness

Started by Ryex, January 04, 2014, 10:03:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

January 04, 2014, 10:03:23 pm Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:07:45 pm by Ryex
So, I went to a friend of mine's New Year's party and had a blast. At this party there was of course plenty of alcohol, some of it provided by me. and I partook generously. Now, when I get drunk, I dance. and apparently I dance well according to most of those attending. Spured by their compliments I made the very wise decision to have someone film me dancing

this is the result

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c25i5a56u9t6pr3/2013-12-31%2023.46.10.mp4

When I watch this I feel like it's terrible so I'll ask your opinion CP. am I terrible? or awesome. somewhere in-between is ok too.

the other thing that happened at this party was the that after a few beers I felt we needed a countdown to Newyears so I spent 10 minutes writing this little bugger here
Spoiler: ShowHide
Code: python

import sys, os, datetime, time

now =  datetime.datetime.now()

newyear = now.replace(hour=23, minute=59, second=59, microsecond=99)

while now < newyear:
now =  datetime.datetime.now()
dif = newyear - now
diff = divmod(dif.total_seconds(), 60)
print("not new year yet, %s minutes %s seconds left" % diff)
time.sleep(2)

cmd = "amarok new_year.mp3.ogg "

os.system(cmd)

have some pictures of the hosts
Spoiler: ShowHide

guy with the beard on the right is on of my best friends, I can't even remember the other guy's name, pretty sure he was underage at 17 though :P

and his roommate (she likes me, I should of made a move on her )

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Lol, drunk coding. <3

Cute girl. You're right, you should have made a move. If it didn't lead anywhere, at least you would have known it's a dead end.

I think your dancing is pretty good. It's stylish, you're following the rhythm and the most important thing: You seem to really enjoy it. You're not dancing to show off. You're dancing, because it's fun.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

drunk coding is fun, did you see the use of the two variables 'dif' and 'diff'?

I guess one of the big reasons I didn't make a move on here was because she recent;y broke up wither her boy friend (one of my good friends) because apparently he was cheating. I'm not sure If I believe it he wasn't that kind of guy. anyway if she was going to go after anyone she would want to be sure they were going to stay with her (so a one night stand wasn't an option). and I was going to be leaving town in a week or two to head back to college so it just wasn't going to work so I didn't bother trying.

as for the dancing on a second view I guess I do start off pretty good but it just kinda degrades, specially just before I stop to pet the dog real quick.
the night started off kind aquward because My friend's room mate had been at a party with me dancing before and she was telling everyone how good I was. then her friends start asking me to dance for them so they can see. course I'm not nearly drunk enough yet so I can;t feel the flow so I was all "after I've had a few we'll see". Then I start getting a bit buzzed and sporadically start dancing for a bit and they immediately start cheering and I end up stopping out of embarrassment. then I got drunk enough not to care and just enjoyed it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

IDK about your friend cheating, but her having broken up recently is not a valid reason since women are "emotionally stronger". They might make a drama about it, but they get over this stuff quicker than guys do (in general). But I completely understand if you didn't want to make a move, because she used to be with your friend. I would never go for a friend's ex before I ask him if it's ok with him.  That doesn't go for an acquaintance, though, especially if we barely see each other. You leaving town is also not a good reason since it doesn't mean that you can't spend some nice time with her. Maybe it will be great and whenever you come back into town, you will have a female friend to hang out with.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

Quote from: Ryex on January 04, 2014, 10:03:23 pm
When I watch this I feel like it's terrible so I'll ask your opinion CP. am I terrible? or awesome. somewhere in-between is ok too.

Better than anything I could probably do. Then again, I don't think I've ever done any dancing other than some DDR years ago. That counts, right?

Anyways, nice Sliding Flamingo you got going on there. Yes, that is what I shall call it. :D

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!