A cliff to the Void

Started by Ranquil, January 11, 2014, 04:04:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranquil

January 11, 2014, 04:04:22 pm Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:12:29 am by Ranquil
Hi guys! What I'm looking for this time is a simple map element for XP. This map element is a cliff. Or a ravine or a gorge, however you want to call it.
But not exactly any kind of cliff.

I edited Avadan's (I have no idea whether they're on this forum or not) awesome "world map" style modern city tileset for VX to work on XP.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Pretty cool, huh?

What I need for it is a cliff that leads deep into the black. I can't really describe it in words, so I'll just let this world map tileset by Mack do the work.
Spoiler: ShowHide

I mean the three cliffs on the right. Second row. That was for the event that someone's stupid. lol

Why aren't I just copying the cliffs from this tileset then? It's because of a simple reason; I need the gorges to be wide. And by wide, I mean several, tens or even hundreds of, miles wide. In scale, of course.
So, I'm looking for either a set of tiles or an autotile for a big, wide gorge that can be made to pretty much any size or shape as needed. It should match the style of the first tileset.

If anyone has anything like this already, knows where to find something like this or is willing to make this, I'd be very, very grateful. Thank you in advance. =]
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Ranquil

Because I remembered this, bump.
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Zexion

February 09, 2014, 03:21:02 pm #2 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 04:12:15 pm by Zexion
"Any size and shape" - That would be hard to pull off, I will make you an autotile, but idk...

Edit: Here you go. You're going to need to put whatever ground tile you want behind it, or use it on layers 2 and 3. Also, certain ways of using this kinda make it look glitchy. You can see it in the pic. It's kinda hard to fix it though haha
Autotile: ShowHide

Ingame Preview: ShowHide

Fun fact: I made it from scratch :D aside from the top left icon.

WhiteRose

That looks awesome, Zexion! You are a spriting master.

Ranquil

Zexion, let me love you! <3 no homo

Wecoc

February 10, 2014, 05:21:03 pm #5 Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:37:05 am by Wecoc
Oh wow I missed this. I have a hole cliff, maybe it looks better than Zexion's autotile. His cliff is good but it does not fit with Mac&Blue style.

http://s28.postimg.org/hu53p2571/hole.png

Edit: Alternative link
http://i62.tinypic.com/2lu7504.png

It's not exactly the same; Mac&Blue use more dithering, but anyway I think it looks good with the tileset.
Hope it helps.

Zexion

For some reason that image appears blank to me o.o but I'm soooo curious to see D: dang school

Ranquil

Quote from: Wecoc on February 10, 2014, 05:21:03 pm
Oh wow I missed this. I have a hole cliff, maybe it looks better than Zexion's autotile. His cliff is good but it does not fit with Mac&Blue style.

It's not exactly the same; Mac&Blue use more dithering, but anyway I think it looks good with the tileset.
Hope it helps.

Heh. The picture didn't show at first so I had to quote your post to get the link.
And it looks amazing as well! :o

I'm having a hard time choosing what to use now lol.

Zexion

I personally like that one better lol