Kali Linux

Started by PhoenixFire, January 12, 2014, 09:23:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

Has anybody used this? If so, any thoughts, comments, critique on it? Should/Should not use?

Their site is here: http://www.kali.org/
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

ForeverZer0

Haven't heard of it, but am definitely interesting in trying it.  I have used BackTrack a number of times, and I love it, so I don't see why I wouldn't like this.

I will give it a try sometime soon and let you you know my thoughts on it.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

PhoenixFire

Cool, cool. I'm currently downloading it, and I'll see about using it sometime as well =)
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Ryex

I'v never heard of backtrack so I can't really say anything for the project. I can offer a question though. Why do you need an advanced Penetration Testing setup? planning on doing some hacking? otherwise you might as well roll with something more suited to your needs what ever that may be.

That said there are 10000's of distros of linux out there and if this one suits you then by all means try it out. my personal favorite is now Antergros, an Arch based distro that is just a bit less intensive to setup.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

PhoenixFire

I don't have the NEED for it per se. I ran across it on a facebook page I had liked, and it peaked my interest, because when I started to read a little on it, it has a cool feature I haven't seen many other places; a nuke password. Basically, an alternate password you set up to erase your system if you type it in at logon. So kinda like a built in panic button. I was just curious to see how well it works. Plus, do you really think someone would openly admit on a public forum that they plan on hacking anything? hehehe... Not likely. But on this same note, I've been just looking at all of the alternative OSes I run across that intereste me. Perfect example; right now my laptop can boot Windows 7, Chromium, Kali, and Ubuntu. Windows takes the longest to boot, but it's what I use the most, and works with the most programs that are convenient to me. Ubuntu is great, and the only one that I have successfully played my RMXP games within. Kali seems pretty cool so far, and has unique features to it, and Chromium... well, it's pretty cool, though I really don't see myself actually using it extensively.