Neko RMXP Player for Android

Started by AliveDrive, January 13, 2014, 06:08:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

Quote from: ThalliumShine on April 27, 2014, 06:35:02 am
and it only gives me a black screen when I run the game then closes it afterwards.

If you have access to your game, try removing scripts that use dlls, and any custom resolution you might be using. Those usually crash games in that manner

ThalliumShine

But its just a normal game :( no dlls and no scripts used.

PhoenixFire

Hmm.. Does it use any calls that might not be obvious API calls or anything? For example, I just got my game running in Linux, but due to a font issue, I learned from F0 that font functions have an API call in windows that sometimes glitches your game if you're not running in Windows... So it could be something as simple as that. Does your game have custom fonts or anything at all like that? It could be that Neko doesn't like a particular call that seems otherwise benign in the game..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Zexion

It's not the fonts. I have loaded several games on there with custom fonts, and all the custom fonts are simply replaced with arial when the game is run.

ThalliumShine

I don't have any custom fonts used. I just made a Project in RMXP, compiled it (with the proper files needed to run without the rtp), then placed it on the folder KernysRGSS just as it was told on the appstore and it only gives me a blank screen and closes the engine later.

Zexion

ThalliumShine

PhoenixFire

Quote from: PhoenixFire on April 28, 2014, 08:35:45 am
...or anything at all like that?...

Doesn't have to be fonts, it could be just about anything. I wasn't trying to be specific with the fonts thing, just thought it was a good example of something that seems like an everyday thing that shouldn't be a problem, but actually is..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

G_G

What kind of device are you using? That might also be a problem.

Zexion

Yeah the device seems to be the problem. Works on both my Droid and Kindle

ThalliumShine

My phone is a Samsung GT-S5830, Android version 2.3.4

G_G

Not too sure about that Samsung, but maybe check to see if it has a dedicated GPU and if it supports OpenGLES. Not sure what kind of rendering Neko uses.

Blizzard

Galaxy Ace? Yes, it that model should work. It's not that old.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ThalliumShine

Quote from: Blizzard on May 02, 2014, 01:17:10 pm
Galaxy Ace? Yes, it that model should work. It's not that old.

Yes, I am using the Galaxy Ace. What I do to check if its working was to do the possible ways to run the game. First, I had it uncompressed / uncompiled. Then, the next one is compressed, but with the needed files. The third one I did was to exclude (remove the RTP on the Game.dll) but included all the files needed without the RTP, but all of those come to the same result... it just blacks my screen, then after like 45 seconds, the Neko player stops :(

Blizzard

Hm, it might require too much RAM.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

It does have very little RAM to work with, I'd say that'd be the culprit which makes the device incompatible. You could always try a task killer and remove as many background processes as possible to free up some memory. But I just ran your demo and the demo itself took up 149MB of RAM. I bet you that's the issue.

ThalliumShine

That's a lot :O I already cleared much of my memory and it doesn't seem to be enough  :facepalm: