[XP] Mode7 Crash

Started by Ranquil, January 17, 2014, 09:46:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranquil

Yo.
If I'm using the Mode7 script and I start testplay with the player starting position on a map that has no set Mode7 parameters, the game will, after selecting a new game, crash and throw the following error message:

QuoteScript 'Spriteset_Map' line 117: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `ox=' for #<Tilemap_mode7:0x3c982b0>

I browsed through the comments in the topic and a few people had the same problem as well. Too bad no one answered them.
Any idea what's causing this and how to solve it?
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Ranquil

Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

AliveDrive

I'm using the Neo Mode 7 script with the "+" add-on, and I'm having no issues.

Neo Mode 7
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

KK20

In the Spriteset_Map#initialize method in the script, you need to move init_options up more so that it looks like this

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Initialize Object
  #   Rewritten to call a map with mode7
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  alias initialize_mode7_spriteset_map initialize
  def initialize
    init_options
    if !$game_system.mode7
      initialize_mode7_spriteset_map
      return
    end
#... rest of the code

Reason: $game_system.mode7 = false only when init_options is called. When going from a Mode-7 map to a normal one, $game_system.mode7 was still true, and would skip the original aliased method, building the tilemap with the Mode-7 rewrite and, on the first frame of updating the spriteset, error out.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!