RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VXA

Started by Chaze007, January 17, 2014, 06:35:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaze007

Alright so I'm looking to make a project in my free time and have both XP and VXA. Problem is I rarely used any of them and don't know much.
I know XP has a far better editor, and bigger script support. I've heard that VXA has better framerate, and the database is easier for newbies and more customized.
I plan to parallax map, unless there are alternatives. The biggest scripts I plan to use are some CMS, CBS, gathering, better messaging etc. Other than that I don't plan to add anything crazy big.
graphics are not a problem, though I know XP has a bigger gallery, I really really like VXA's Mack, though everything is easily converted.
So I'd like a debate on which would be better to use, I'd like pros and cons on both and little to no biased opinion. Begin? <3.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

AliveDrive

Unbiased opinion? Both are good.

Slightly biased opinion? XP is way better than Ace. Reason? More widely used I feel, more love for XP in my opinion.

It's funny you should mention gathering because I'm working on a pretty sweet gathering evented system right now. I could maybe help guide you on that if you'd be interested.

Personally I use XP.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

KK20

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Chaze007

Huh that's neat. So I build the game in XP and get the performance from VXA?

KK20

As well as the added script calls that come from VXA like changing the screen size and such. But yeah, it's VXA performance in an XP project.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Chaze007

I may try that. Hope it's not too complicated for my little brain

AliveDrive

I heard it takes 10 minutes. But I have yet to try it.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

PhoenixFire

Well, yes, it's pretty simple, but if you'd like, I have a copy of it all packaged and ready lolz
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Chaze007