What are your Favorite Scripts?

Started by Heretic86, January 13, 2014, 08:01:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

January 13, 2014, 08:01:48 am Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:20:52 pm by Heretic86
Kind of an Off Topic thought.  

But what I was curious about was what are some of your Favorite Scripts?  Not just the ones that are there to fix certain bugs, or ones you have installed and add functionality, but you dont interact with as you map, but the ones you use over other scripts because they are "fun" for both Mapping and Playing?  You can say what ever you want, like preferring one Battle System over another because "this one does this" and "that one doesnt".

So, just out of curiousity, what are some of your Favorite Scripts?

(oops, should have been in Scripts, not Script Request forum, my bad)

Edit: Thanks for moving.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Zexion

I think my favorite script of all time would have to be the one that I made (Movement & Animation System). I only say this because I've literally used it in every project, both new and old) that I've made. A close second would be the Custom Resolution script made by F0 & KK20.

PhoenixFire

Although simple, one of my favorites is the experience reset on level up that game guy did waaaayyy back in the day. I simply code it right into the actor class replacing the default code, without adding it as a separate script. Another would be blizz's stat distro system, and I've used that in alsmot everything I've ever done with rmxp.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Heretic86

Well, I've got a bunch I've written, so obviously I'll like those.  But for the ones I didnt write:

Unlimited Self Switches by Game Guy - It just cleans up projects so much as well as adds Page Conditions.
Simple Event Sensor
Anything that allows Fullscreen on Game Start
Multiple Message Windows of most sorts.  I never liked the Enterbrain Msg System
Caterpillars in general
Battle Self Switches - LittleDrago
Target Anyone - KK20
Reflect - Blizzard
Dynamic Sounds - Ryex
Ambient Sound Effect - F0
Pathfinders

Now, if only we had a good Global Lighting script for XP.  IE, shadows, Ambient Light Sources, etc...
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KK20

Cremno's NoF12.dll, which, aside from the name of the file, contains a "prevent Alt+Enter". I want to know how that's even possible.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

LiTTleDRAgo

if you're looking for anti ALT+Enter, maybe you can take a look in this script: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/14081-fullscreen/

G_G

I've tried the script you linked Drago, doesn't seem to work with all keyboards properly. I was always able to make the game go into fullscreen. The script KK20 is talking about has a special DLL that works great IMO.

It's cool to see some of my scripts here. :3 My favorite system to play around with is RMX-OS and Blizz-ABS. As for my favorite scripts, I actually haven't browsed or used other scripts for a long time now. I've actually haven't worked on a game in RMXP for awhile.

But ones I'd always look for:
Pixel movement
Caterpillars
Job System/Stat Distribution
Crafting Systems
Skill Mods

I really liked F0's Custom Resolution too.