PS3 Controler on my laptop

Started by Memor-X, July 21, 2008, 07:30:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

if you got a PS3 controler then you would have notice to recharge it, you use a USB cable, and since the cable is the same make as a PSP one (used to connect to the PC or even to the PS3 for Remote Play) it can plug into the computer, i pluged up one of my contolers to my laptop because i wanted a USB controler with sticks so i could play Zelda on Project64 (and other games) plus to have a controler i can use with EPSXE without using the keyborad and also so my dad can play Half-Life, it said it was installed but i cant set the buttons in on the configure menus of Half-Life, Project64 or EPSXE.

so i'm wondering if anyone knows if there is more i need to do, like any drivers i need installed onto my latop

Starrodkirby86

July 21, 2008, 07:40:45 pm #1 Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 07:41:24 pm by Starrodkirby86
http://news.filefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/

I hope this helps you very much. This was done through a Google search and a skim read, so I hope this works for you. It seems to be quick and painless, so I don't think there'll be any problems.

EDIT: If you already use this method, then I'm out of ideas. Sorry, I don't have a PS3 so I never tried this.  :^_^':

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

I used once a controller for Project 64. I simply installed the drivers of the controller and it worked.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Valcos

I hooked up my controller so i can use it for SF but gameguard blocked it and my hacks got patch.... :'(
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

GAX

Could just use Joy 2 Key for SOldier Front.  Then again, Nexon's a bunch of pricks.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Valcos

I was going to use Joy 2 Key but I heard it was already block  :( I would be like 12x better with a controller! 8-O
-Oscar De La Hoya

NintenDood

I'll try this, thanks Kirby :D
Yay!!!! 8)

GAX

THEY BLOCKED JTK IN SOLDIER FRONT?!

FUCKING NEXON MAN...Hell, I used to use JTK in Maplestory for a while, it was kinda fun but tedious to switch from keyboard to controller and back.  Maybe if I had one of those FFXI controllers with the keyboard built in so I could type in shit without having to switch.  Oh well...

Nexon should add controller functionality though, I think their only problem is Auto-Fire controllers, or they lack the mental capacity to impliment such a function.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Valcos

Lol... yeah. Cause then you could set buttons to day like a zillion different functions at once...  :^_^': (which would be awesome)
-Oscar De La Hoya