Favorite Games of All Time

Started by WhiteRose, January 31, 2014, 12:32:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

Sure, I would be up to giving it a try. I had Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 on the Gamecube way back in the day, and had a lot of good times with it. Maybe we should start a thread about it.

KK20

I should seriously consider getting my own desktop. Not sure if the parents' is capable of running it, but I think it can. I would consider joining up, especially if you say it's F2P.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

AliveDrive

Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

WhiteRose

I've been playing FFVI again on the train since the Android version came out, and I had forgotten what I fantastic game it is. I think I missed a lot of the emotional impact when I played it through the first few times. Like the scene
Spoiler: ShowHide
when you meet up with the espers who came out from the esper world, and get them to agree to meet with the troops from the empire, and it finally looks like everything will work out - and then Kefka stabs General Leo in the back (literally) and messes everything up. That guy is seriously twisted.

And of course, the classic scenes like the Solitary Island at the beginning of the second half and the Opera House scene.... All just fantastic. 10/10.

By the way, the Android port is probably worth picking up if anyone is feeling like playing through it again. The redone graphics are actually all very well done and the UI is nice, though I will admit that it takes a while before getting used to the new character maps sprites. The facesets look great, though. Perhaps best of all, they fixed all of the bugs, even those that slipped through in the GBA version like the reset characters glitch, psycho Cyan glitch, item duplication glitch, and others.

Of course, you could always just play through the GBA version on an emulator. It's almost identical, and is cheaper *coughfreecough* if you already have an emulator on your phone.

Lobstrosity

• Final Fantasy VI

• Final Fantasy IX

• Final Fantasy Type-0

• Chrono Trigger

• LittleBigPlanet 2

Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!