Tapatalk integration

Started by PhoenixFire, January 31, 2014, 12:41:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

I don't know if many people here use it, but it would be pretty cool to integrate tapatalk into this site. I just did it for my site, and it works great. Its probably most useful for those of us that just check for unread messages quick in the middle of the workday, since it offers no admin or moderator options, but it's very useful. Compared to opening the page in a full browser, or even a mobile browser, it also uses a hell of a lot less data on phones.. Just a suggestion..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

We had that suggestion once, but it turned out to be too much of a hassle and there wasn't enough interest so we dropped the idea.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

Ah, I see. Although I cannot vouch for how complex it was to set up back then, I know it's pretty easy now. Especially if you opt out of having push notifications and stuff enabled. Just the basic setup is pretty much point and click.. Or at least it was when I did it..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

WhiteRose

I'd love to have this as well, but if I remember right, there's an issue with the version of SMF on which CP is running that would make it a major ordeal to implement. I'm definitely all for it if it's something that would be quick and easy to implement, but having to entirely migrate the forum to a different system would probably be more hassle than it's worth.

Blizzard

Yeah, I think that was it. We would have to upgrade the forum software to 2.0 which is very different from the 1.1.x versions we are running. Plus, our code isn't even stock code. I modified it here and there to integrate the shoutbox directly into the skin (among other things).

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteRose

I did a bit of reading, and it turns out that there is a version of Tapatalk that does work with SMF 1.1.x. I don't know if Blizz's modifications would still make it a problem, though. I think it would be neat and get us a little bit more activity if we could get it running, but again, if it's a hassle, then it's not worth the trouble.

Blizzard

Then it was the modifications. Basically not worth the trouble, yeah, lol!