The Official Phantasy Star Online Thread!

Started by Taboo, February 01, 2014, 09:11:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

I keep getting a Windows not Updated error... Problem is, I'm on Windows 10, so, I don't think it's actually reading my OS properly; I tried running in compatibility mode, but no luck. I really hope I don't have to re-install Windows 8 just to get this to run =( Downloading the latest tech build to see if I can trick the game, so, I'll let you know.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

Yeah, Google search shows that Win10 is not supported by GameGuard, even though that doesn't sound like the same error you're receiving. Either way, you're going to have to revert to--ya know--an OS that is actually used by the population :P

Me and SS being...bros?
Spoiler: ShowHide

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Soulshaker3

Hellow?

G_G

Not to pop in from out of nowhere, but it's nice to see another male player playing as a female.

Soulshaker3

Quote from: gameus on February 15, 2015, 07:03:56 pm
Not to pop in from out of nowhere, but it's nice to see another male player playing as a female.

He just wants them items
Hellow?

KK20

I don't think anyone can gift me items since I need to spend real money for that.

But I do like playing as female characters. I mean, 1) Male protags are overdone and 2) I'd rather watch a girl run around than a guy amirite
Plus, they're stronger at ranged combat so win-win :U

Other Projects

G_G

Quote from: KK20 on February 15, 2015, 07:54:11 pm
I'd rather watch a girl run around than a guy amirite

This. Right here. My whole philosophy in creating characters in video games.

R.A.V.S.O

Well I've finally made some space on my PC, but tbh I totally forgot how to properly install the game + patches,

anyone still have the install guide? also are you guys still active?
Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

KK20

I just downloaded the tweaker, which is still linked on the first post, and that downloaded everything. I still play, level 37 at the moment. Don't know about SS--we just only played together the one time. Phoenix still needs to report about the Win10 issue.

Other Projects

Soulshaker3

I'm just waiting for more people to join, more ppl = more fun
Hellow?

PhoenixFire

Well, I ended up trying to dual boot Win10 and Win8 so I could play PSO2, but Win10 didn't like that, so it corrupted the whole system. I'm now back on Win8, and re-installing everything. Should be back on sometime tomorrow possibly.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

R.A.V.S.O

NOTICE: Big images are big, so will be properly shown via spoiler tags.

Alright so after dusting off my old account I managed to get back into action pretty quickly, here's today's craziness in summarized pics.

There's no better way to make a comeback than throwing a monster 3 times your size and possibly weight
15 feet across the floor in the middle of a desert raid followed by a massive storm of insect-like abominations.

The enemy units level up the higher the wave number is, fortunately, you also get this bad boy to take
for a ride, no surprises here, I love this mech segment.

Guns aren't your main concern? try slicing up EVERYTHING in front of you for massive damage.
from standard combos to this sick dash attack, guaranteed to deal at least 10k damage per hit
(considering the insane HP some of the bosses in here have I'd say this evens things up a bit)

Cool swordplay & gunplay still not enough? If you've made it so far as to reach the final wave
they give you THIS, this deathray can singlehandedly make or break the wave as you basically
decimate whatever the hell stands in your sight, did I mentioned how much I LOVE this ride armor?
well it still needs more emphasis XD

I gotta say, these A.I.S. Carriers are purposely OP as hell, then again seeing how this is an EQ with a terrible
success rate it's understandable why they give you these, it's also noted how fast they are,
you can reach the edge of the map in SECONDS by simply spamming the dash button, (feels good man)

Needless to say, this EQ was hard as hell, but worth it, aside from 10 nega-photons (meh) I did get some
good meseta (around 80k with a tri boost 100%) it also gave me some cool armor parts + enough fun
points (I kept reviving everyone) to get my weapon camo.
Personality Test results

R.A.V.S.O

Raising this topic from the dead, because apparently the game refuses to die, and received massive updates recently.

So after getting my new laptop and playing some of the oldies, I decided to give PSO2 another chance (especially since I never got to do a solid 60fps run
on my previous laptop beforehand, and wanted to see how well it performs over here), and I gotta say, man is the game
still active, with additional loads of missions and changes (like an apparently well needed braver/gunner nerf, and some buffs to the hunter/ranger)

But the biggest highlight of them all was that PSO2 recently released (as of January 2016) it's long awaited continuation to the plot:

EPISODE 4 [RENEWAL]

<Trailer for relevance>
PSO2 - EPISODE 4 [RENEWAL]

Highlights include:

it's quite a list so I'll just shorten this part a bit:

-A new weapon type resembling a conductor's baton which is used to control summoned creatures.
(to emphasize: you have this one creature that looks like a pokemon (let's call it pseudo-mon from now on) and you get to
   control it via conductor's baton in what appears to be a weaponized mix of pokemon amie & the wind waker)

-Skill Chain Combinations
  (you can now do some sick follow-up combos regarding both of your chosen classes, Example: doing a Braver photon-art then following up
   with a gunner skill or photon-art and ending with a Force technique, assuming you have the proper build for it)

-The (now fully working) inclusion of the new Race [Duman] & [Bouncer & Techer] classes.
  (these were available since EP:3 but were limited in terms of skills & weapons that were not considered good enough to make a decent
   build, as of EP:4 they're as viable as any other classes in-game, as for the Duman class, it's basically a glass cannon, you get to do insane
   damage at the cost of being taken down in 1-3 hits, you MUST rely on perfect blocks in order to survive sometimes.)

-New photon-arts & weapons.
(the reason Bouncer & Techer are now viable)

-Character creation updated.
(SEGA added some extra customization options and now it's greater than ever, any per-existing costumes you've had are now segmented instead of being one-piece so you can now mix and match, also as a plus it gave veteran players a free makeup salon ticket (an item you only get by paying cash in real life) to celebrate the changes.)

-Added quick-character slots.
(Previously when someone wanted to change their classes into another class they previously had, you needed to re-equip and re-customize everything from scratch again which IMO takes at least 30+ mins depending on how complex your build is, with quick character slots, you can now save an existing build and
swap it without the hassle of re-doing all that customizing)

-Added more user-friendly beginner tutorials
(The game's learning curve might seem steep for newcomers but now there's proper training missions one can take that also yield acceptable items & meseta)

-Added new areas to explore
(from the trailer you can see it's a futuristic version of Japan's capital Tokyo, with the twist of having all sorts of new enemies mimicking modern-day machinery,
  and for some weird reason... a T-Rex? oh well...  :knight:   the capital itself features a Day/Night cycle, and since it's HUGE compared to the other maps, it also
  has ways for fast-travel (inb4 gotta go fast jokes))

-Added the XH (Xtra Hard) difficulty to new areas
  (thought PSO2 was easy? XH mode alters the behavior of ALL enemies into a more violent pattern, gives them stat boosts, and overall makes missions a lot
    harder, on the bright side, XH drops pretty sweet loot as well.)

-Added a new bonus for daily runs.
(Previously, doing daily missions only gave you a pitiful amount of EXP/Meseta and wasn't that big of an incentive for people to do these, from now on,
   whenever you complete your 3rd daily mission (3rd mission each day) there is a chance that it will drop you a bonus ticket (it's more of a key) that let's
   you play a bonus mission, what's special about it you ask? this mission single-handedly yields an insane amount of EXP/Meseta and guarantees rare drops
   at the end, if you pair it with a tri-boost, you easily level up 2-3 times if your character is underleveled.)

Moving on to the plot, it's a direct continuation to the EPISODE 3 finale, and does contain a nice meta-twist along the way.
Spoiler for those that actually want to discover this:

After the end of EPISODE 3 in which your character is basically placed in a cryo-container (KH2 all over again, if you ask me)
EP4 begins after a time-skip of X amount of years (the game never directly tells you how much time has passed) and upon
waking up you are presented with the realization that you (along with the rest of the ARKS) are merely videogame characters,
in a digital settings yet for some reason are self-conscious enough to have some form of free will, it's because of this that
you (for some unexplained reason) decide to manifest in reality, and of all the places you appear on, you start in Tokyo in
the year 2028 A.D. where apparently the REAL ARKS exist, now it's up to your avatar to find out what's going on as apparently
the same videogame where you came from is now possessing the machines down in Tokyo and turned the city into chaos
(hence the new area of the game),

Some people are loving this story-arc so far, some people are condemning the twist to be uncalled for, but all in all, it's fun
(reminded me of star ocean a bit)

I've figured the game has changed a lot since I've dropped it so I'm gonna pick it up again and check what's up, hopefully I should
be able to run it just fine.
Personality Test results

Spoofus

March 17, 2016, 08:06:24 am #193 Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:15:59 am by Spoofus
I been wanting to get this game, but my dumbass thought hey there is no english text and after looking at the screenshots here my mind has been changed, so you all may see me on it soon.

It is still a shame thatthey won't release for "western" regions, I think the game would be a big hit, where people are still wanting an official US release etc.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

R.A.V.S.O

Quote from: Spoofus on March 17, 2016, 08:06:24 am
I been wanting to get this game, but my dumbass thought hey there is no english text and after looking at the screenshots here my mind has been changed, so you all may see me on it soon.

It is still a shame thatthey won't release for "western" regions, I think the game would be a big hit, where people are still wanting an official US release etc.

The patch isn't 100% done yet (and some items & text that is server-sided is impossible to translate with the patch) but other than that, it's fully playable, they even removed the IP bad on non-Japanese IP's since 2015.

and if memory serves correctly, KK20 created Chaos Project as a guild, if we do certain guild quests we can get a shared room, and probably decorate it,
guess I'll do some of these quests on my new alt.
Personality Test results

KK20

I think it was Ryex who made the guild. And I know I'm still in it. I think I can invite as well. But I haven't logged in a year :P

Of course, I'm only restricted to playing on the weekends unless 9PM PST is okay with others. I'm kinda curious about this game again.

Other Projects

Spoofus

WELL, once I can get some time off from working I am going to download it and get it installed. I been wanting to play this game for a long time now, I played PSO on the Schthack servers, and I played PSU for a long time, I have always been a fan of the games. Dunno if I am going to be a CAST or Human and I have no clue what class I should play yet.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

KK20

Might as well download it while you're working. It's gonna take a whole day :P

Other Projects

R.A.V.S.O

I managed to create a female character (alias: Rose, love to keep things short for a change) and tried my hand at the force class,
compared to the braver/hunter build I was using before, it's an entirely different ballgame so far, I've got mixed feelings about it.

on the plus side, I've got a few of those EXP + 30000 tickets, and just popping one of those bad boys was enough to reach lv 10+ on
my force class, then I realized it's best to use them for leveling sub-classes, but the twist is, in order to do that, you have to basically
equip the desired class to level (the sub class) as your MAIN class, THEN use the EXP ticket.
Personality Test results

KK20

> Rose
plz cum bak ;-;

I'll see if I can download everything again tomorrow. I wanna play as my blue hair bae again.

Other Projects