The Official Phantasy Star Online Thread!

Started by Taboo, February 01, 2014, 09:11:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

February 07, 2014, 07:07:49 pm #20 Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:14:44 pm by WhiteRose
Quote from: Ryex on February 07, 2014, 07:06:13 pm
well it seems that if you just download the tweaker it can download and install the game for you (for me the window broke and dissapeared while it did it but it is fast)

I'm downloading the story patch right now.

Really!? I'm going to try it right now!

EDIT:
Spoiler: ShowHide

R.A.V.S.O

I'll meet you guys in ship 2, block 20, if you do decided to enter and level in a party.

just tell me who you are or maybe we could use raidcall or skype. I dunno
Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

WhiteRose

Quote from: R.A.V.S.O on February 07, 2014, 07:09:07 pm
I'll meet you guys in ship 2, block 20, if you do decided to enter and level in a party.

just tell me who you are or maybe we could use raidcall or skype. I dunno

What's your name? I'll send you a message in game once I get it set up. And figure out how to send messages.

R.A.V.S.O

February 07, 2014, 07:22:54 pm #23 Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:24:00 pm by R.A.V.S.O
in-game look for someone called "Sesilou" a lv 20+ braver, if you need certain items such as katanas I've got plenty XD

p.s: to send messages, press enter, it opens the message box, then select the [whisper] tab, then on the line below add the name of the
person you wish to whisper to.
Personality Test results

WhiteRose

It's at 7GB, but still downloading.... Now I'm getting all anxious.

Ryex

my god, that Captcha for registration was hell to figure out. took my 12+ tries to get it right
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

February 07, 2014, 11:34:01 pm #26 Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:35:09 pm by WhiteRose
Quote from: Ryex on February 07, 2014, 11:32:45 pm
my god, that Captcha for registration was hell to figure out. took my 12+ tries to get it right

Hahaha. XD It gave me the chance to pull out my Japanese keyboard. すごいよう!

If anyone else needs help with the capthca, you can take a screenshot and post it here. I'll give you the right characters to copy-paste.

Zexion

GAH. It is times like this that I wish I wasn't on a 15GB Limited data plan D:

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

Quote from: Zexion on February 08, 2014, 12:53:48 am

You should go download it at a McDonald's. Just eat your Whopper really, really slowly.....

Ryex

February 08, 2014, 02:29:19 am #30 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:36:06 am by Ryex
Well I'm in, sega id is ryexander char is Ryex. I'm on Ship 2 Ur that's the right one yes?

also I can't figure out how to wisper for the life of me, I cna't find a place to enter the name of the person you want to wisper

Zexion

Quote from: WhiteRose on February 08, 2014, 01:36:05 am
You should go download it at a McDonald's. Just eat your Whopper really, really slowly.....

Idk, they might freak out if I ask for a whopper at McDonalds...
Lol :P

Ryex

also, are we going to be using skype or raidcall for our parties? I think it would be good to get some actual talking going, I prefer raidcall for that purpose.

Blizzard

Quote from: WhiteRose on February 07, 2014, 04:13:00 pm
I download the game. Maybe we can try it together this weekend some time.
Also, I find notices like this to be incredibly stressful:

Popup: WELL??? YES OR NO???????????????????????????????????
Me: I don't know! D:

It seems like they don't know either with all those silly question marks.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

R.A.V.S.O

I had to update PSO2 itself yesterday (episode II is still being released over there) and to my surprise
the game (in order to avoid gameguard detecting the patch) uninstalls the english patch and then you gotta re-patch
it manually.... oh well that sucks but hopefully it'll be done shortly.
Personality Test results

WhiteRose

I left it downloading all night, and it's still not done. I think it's pretty close, though. It's up to 15.5GB.

Quote from: Ryex on February 08, 2014, 02:37:57 am
also, are we going to be using skype or raidcall for our parties? I think it would be good to get some actual talking going, I prefer raidcall for that purpose.

I'm not planning to use voice chat. My roommates are usually around and I don't want them to hear me talking about game stuff. I'll stick with typing, if that's alright.

KK20

Quote from: Zexion on February 08, 2014, 12:53:48 am

Quote from: WhiteRose on February 08, 2014, 01:36:05 am

Quote from: Zexion on February 08, 2014, 02:34:58 am

:rofl: Saving this in my memory bank.

So what's the best downloading method? I'll be home again in a couple hours to try it out.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

WhiteRose

February 08, 2014, 12:48:33 pm #37 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:09:18 pm by WhiteRose
Quote from: Zexion on February 08, 2014, 02:34:58 am

Whoops. Hahaha. XD

Quote from: KK20 on February 08, 2014, 12:44:39 pm
So what's the best downloading method? I'll be home again in a couple hours to try it out.

Definitely go with the PSO2Tweaker method. It still takes a long time (I think the total was around 18GB,) but it goes a lot faster than the official way and doesn't crash as often. It also gives you a lot better view of the progress that it's making. It still takes a little while, though, so you might need to let it download overnight. Here's where you can download the tweaker:

http://arks-layer.com/index.php

By the way, mine FINALLY finished downloading. :D I'm making my character right now. I want to be a Force, but I haven't decided whether to be Human or Newman yet.

EDIT: There are so many customization options. D: I know that I'm going to be in this menu for hours....

Are there more outfits available later? Most of the starting ones are pretty good, but they're either really revealing or have tall heels.

Ryex

QuoteAre there more outfits available later? Most of the starting ones are pretty good, but they're either really revealing or have tall heels.

It's a Japanese game Rose... what did you expect...

ayway I'm getting on now, I guess I'll see you soon

WhiteRose

February 08, 2014, 01:54:06 pm #39 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:45:44 pm by WhiteRose
Still in the customizing room.... I've finally got my face about where I want it, but now I need to do body shape and voice. I'll try not to take too long.

EDIT: Okay, I've finished my person and the tutorial. Now I'm not quite sure what to do next.