The Official Phantasy Star Online Thread!

Started by Taboo, February 01, 2014, 09:11:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

R.A.V.S.O

Hey guys as a heads up, tomorrow PSO2's servers will be doing their scheduled maintenance, so if you can't login atm don't panic
it's just the maintenance, most of the time it's over in 2-3 hours.

also to the newcomers, add me XD I'm currently playing as Sesilou (lv.25 braver)
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

PhoenixFire

Oh god.... addiction complete.... 

Just played for a bit, getting used to the controls, exploring how I can break it, the usual lolz.. Got to level six or so, which isn't bad doing it solo...
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

WhiteRose

Quote from: DigitalSoul on February 10, 2014, 02:38:41 am
Oh god.... addiction complete.... 

Just played for a bit, getting used to the controls, exploring how I can break it, the usual lolz.. Got to level six or so, which isn't bad doing it solo...

Not bad at all! You'll catch up to us in no time. Did you get my friend request? I logged on for a couple minutes, but I was pretty burned out on the game for today from playing it for so long with Ryex and KK20 earlier.

KK20

Just did a little solo run myself and took down a Rockbear. Also got me a couple upgrades.
Can't wait for the next shindig~

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

PhoenixFire

Quote from: WhiteRose on February 10, 2014, 02:40:17 am
Not bad at all! You'll catch up to us in no time. Did you get my friend request?

Yep, accepted you and KK20. I don't know how to actually add other people yet, or join groups with you when you're on, or anything like that yet =p
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

A lot of the basic MMO elements are hidden pretty good. Apparently you talk to a terminal (or some computer thing, I don't know what to call it), find a character by name, and then choose to send a friend request.

We need to form a Team/Guild, assuming it doesn't cost anything or requires some pre-req.

Other Projects

R.A.V.S.O

Afaik making guilds is free, no arks cash needed, however you do need to be above lv.10 aside from that, go nuts.

being in a guild means you've got a guild room to share (aside from yours)
Personality Test results

KK20

It'd make talking to each other tons easier since there's no Buddy chat option. But having our own room would be cool too :P

Other Projects

Ryex

I actually made a "Chaos-Project" team but I have no idea how to add people to it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Zexion

If my laptop wasn't in the shop I'd sooo download this at school lol

KK20

Please do when you get the chance. Just be sure to devote more than 12 hours in downloading everything. And hopefully by the time you do join, everyone will have a better understanding of the game and can bring you up to speed. :D

Other Projects

Ryex

February 10, 2014, 03:55:11 pm #91 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:04:08 pm by Ryex
Ok I figured out how to invite people to the team but you have to be online to do it. so we'll wait on that

Also I think this will be very helpful
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

R.A.V.S.O

Alright, sign me in when I have the chance XD
Personality Test results

AliveDrive

Oh whoops, guess I missed this somehow lol

So is there a guide on how to get/what I need to play?

I heard about an english patch.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Ryex

read through the thread a bit. basically you have to download the tweaker tool and have it download the game for you (this will take a long time depending on your internet and the window sometimes disappears during the download, so use you have to use your process explorer and resource monitor to watch it network speed and ensure it's still working) then you have to download an install the three English patch files the tweaker downloads and installs them for you except for the story patch which it will give you a link to for you to download yourself (it's a 2GB Dl from mega).

once it's installed it fairly strait forward to play. just launch the tweaker and have it launch the game for you.
this page has some useful guides for playing the game http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

KK20

-in response to Ryex's message in game-
Don't jump, I love you senpai!

Hit 18 now. Not sure what I am capable of on my own, and I don't feel like joining random parties.

Other Projects

WhiteRose

Quote from: KK20 on February 10, 2014, 06:24:37 pm
I don't feel like joining random parties.

That makes two of us. Random people on the internet tend to be so mean; this kind of game is always way better with friends.

Ryex

wait you go that? I was standing up high in the lobby and sent that to nearby players, how did it get pmed to you when you were offline
anyway I'm getting on right now, I'm dangerously close to 20.

R.A.V.S.O

I'm almost always available from 7 pm forward pacific time, not sure when you guys login,

heck considering we've got more than 5 members, why noy try open fields in groups of 2-3 persons?
Personality Test results

KK20

I guess I'll post my full schedule then. All in PST.

Monday and Wednesday are the same. Gone from 7AM - 1PM and 4:30PM - 8:30PM. Free time: 2-4PM
Tuesday is generally really early morning work (start at 4-6AM) and generally off before 12PM. Band rehearsal at 7PM-9PM. Free time: 11AM-6PM
Thursday is school work so I'm gone 7AM -12PM. I also have class at 7PM - 10PM. Free time: 1PM-6PM
Friday I usually have work in the morning. Generally short, so all afternoon is good for me. Free time: 11AM-12PM (13 hours straight grind--hell yah)
Saturday is more school work, but from 10:30AM - 12PM. Free after that. Free time: 1PM-9PM
Sunday work in the morning usually, also short. Similar to Friday. Free time: 11AM-9PM

As for this week, I'll be on tomorrow before noon for sure, maybe even 10 or 11AM. Sunday I don't work in the morning. Monday is holiday (please tell me you have the day off too).

Sidenote- availability may change depending on projects (I've got two group projects that will probably eat my time when we start getting into the bulk of things). Also, since this is the family desktop, I lose priority when the parents need to get on (or if they tell me to get off cuz I'm playing too much >_>). Unless y'all wanna recommend me a desktop of my own...?

Other Projects