Do not download from coolrom, ever.
They forced me to use their own downloader to get a PS1 game, and it installed some fucking bad shit that makes these dumb hyperlink ads appear all over every website I visit so they can get ad revenue.
Like, really, just boycott them. I'm usually against the concept of boycotting (because I find it stupid), but this is fucking ridiculous.
Forgot to mention it installed something called Optimizer Pro without me knowing.
You know, one of those programs that says your computer is leaking out its ass with threats, when in reality, it's not.
Boy, I was confident I didn't need virus protection, because I now have a very good grasp of internet security.
Coolrom was one of those websites I felt was safe, but not fucking anymore! Time to get some protection on this fucking bitch.
Here is a list of alternate ROM sites you can use that are recommended by the community.Emuparadise
* Covers just about every system except Wii and Original Xbox
* Limits parallel downloads (increases amounts and speeds if you're premium, $2 a month)
* Offers ROM packs for numerous systems
* Overall a good siteThe ISO Zone
* Decent site if you're looking for Original Xbox games
* Has horribly slow and limited file host (unless you become premium, minimum $4.99 a month)Romulation
* Good site if you're looking for Wii games
* Limits parallel downloads and speeds horribly (Unless premium, $10 a month, $20 three months, $30 six months)The Old Computer
* Good site overall and covers a handful of systems, great place to go to for PC Abandonware
* Also offers box art, a definite plus
* Limits parallel downloads and speeds as a guest, as a free member it increases a little bit
* As an unlimited member ($10 lifetime) you get unlimited speed and 25 parallel connections and access to ROM packs and other various parts of their site
If you have any other ROM sites to suggest, feel free to. We'll check it out and add it to the list.