Anyone have interest in playing an actual RPG via roll20?

Started by Holyrapid, February 03, 2014, 01:21:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Holyrapid

Personally, since i've promised to be a GM for my friends, and even before, i've been itching to get some "REAL" RP experience under my belt. Currently, i am looking at using Roll20 for the virtual tabletop and FATE Core as the ruleset. If there's interest, but no experience in DMing FATE, i am willing to be the DM if you are willing to put up with my noobness.

I don't know what else to say at this point, so i guess that's all for now.

KK20

I'd be down to try something new. I'd like less of the "Let's interact in a pub and pretend we're dancing" and more of the gaming/strategy aspect.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

Normally, I'd be the first to jump in, but my schedule is a little bit more busy than usual lately; I don't want to make a commitment I can't keep. But I'll keep an eye on things and will be sure to join if I can. :)

Holyrapid

With a few potential players already, i think we need to start looking at a schedule for this. I can do almost any time ATM, so you guys make suggestions (be sure to give either your timezone or your desired time in GMT time)

KK20

Usually Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (12pm - 10pm PST/ 8pm - 6am GMT). Depends on how much school stuff I need to do.

Other Projects

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

R.A.V.S.O

as long as it´s less RP and more PG, count me in XD

I mean after my experiences on DA (before I discovered the awesomeness of this site) I grew to loathe superficial RPing, mostly because
it always ended awkwardly.

I'm available on weekends, since I'm back on college.
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

KK20

So Sunday seems like a common trend here.
Quote from: Ryex on February 04, 2014, 06:52:50 pm
(end before 3 PM GMT)

That's 10AM your time, right? You pull all nighters on a weekly basis or something?
I know for sure that wouldn't work for me. Personally, I'm not a fan of being awake to watch the sun rise lol

Other Projects

Ryex

wait no dam
I meant 3 PM MST I have meeting to attend saterday at 3 and 4

Holyrapid

Ok, so everybody up for sunday? We can work the exact time after settling on a day...

KK20

Quote from: Ryex on February 06, 2014, 01:20:41 am
wait no dam
I meant 3 PM MST

lol I had a feeling that's what you meant. xD

Since I was the one who mentioned it, it should be inferred that I am "up" for Sunday. How long do sessions usually last?

Other Projects

Ryex

Holyrapid

From my understanding session usually last about two to three hours...

KK20

Sounds good. I didn't think they went that fast. I thought they were like 4-6 hours.
I should be off work before 12PM PST (8PM GMT).

Other Projects

Holyrapid

They can drag on longer, but from what i've seen internet games usually last the two to three hours...

KK20

Other Projects

Holyrapid

Holyrapid

So, you guys still up tomorrow? At what time should we start?

KK20

Available all day Sunday (no work, wooo!)
I'm down if anyone else is. RAVSO is out for the time being due to internet problems. Isn't three players generally a required number for these things? Two just doesn't feel like much interaction going on.

Other Projects

Ryex

Holyrapid

KK20

Yeah sorry on my part. Was busy with chores all day. Plus, you being 8 hours ahead of me makes timing these things a bit harder. If anything, 8 PM GMT should just be our go to number at this point. My mornings aren't so open so I have to shoot for afternoon.

Other Projects

Holyrapid

So, next weekend then? Because i have to start going to some junky thing called 'employment training' where we are taught how to seek for a job and such junk...

I would say that friday and saturday are the best for me then... I have to get up at 6:30am so i want to go sleep a little earlier on sunday... 8PM GMT 0 means 10PM for me... I used GMT as a reference point, since it's easier to compare our times etc. with that than to go all over the place with me in GMT+2 etc.

KK20

This isn't going to work out so well then :\
My best time would be Friday after work, assuming that I can get off before noon. Saturday wouldn't work so well for Ryex's case and Sunday is entirely out of the question.

Other Projects

Ryex

I can work with Friday. I only have one class that day and it ends around 10 AM MST (GMT -7)

KK20

I'll try getting on around 6PM GMT (10AM for me) assuming work is short tomorrow. Thankfully the store is like a few blocks away from my house (and not 30-40 miles away). Projected work time is 6-10:30AM, but I've been released early from these stores before. Hopefully both of you guys will be on.

Other Projects

Ryex

I've been feeling pretty shitty and will be staying home form class tomorrow but I'll try to be up.

Holyrapid

Ok, add me on skype. Feel free to add either or both of the following (just leave a message telling it's you): Holyrapid or JVBasslake (at least i think those should find me on Skype)

KK20

Added and waiting

Edit: Blah, too late now. This time difference is just too much to handle.

Other Projects