What scenes in media make you cry like a baby?

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, February 03, 2014, 11:00:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

So, which ones do it for you?

Besides the stuff I mentioned in the Mass Effect thread, there's this:
Trigun Spoilers Inside: ShowHide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMT1Ig38Buc
God, that was incredibly sad! Wolfwood was, quite honestly, my favorite character, and the way he died was just... so saaaaad. ;-;
Died with regrets, died with unfinished business, died when he just wanted to be with his friends. ;-;

Hug me. I need hug.

WhiteRose

Blizzard

I watched Entangled the other day and I cried a bit when I saw Rapunzel being so happy about seeing the lanterns. I also let a couple of tears here and there while watching Wrecking Ralph and Megamind.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Blizzard on February 04, 2014, 01:41:10 am
I watched Entangled the other day and I cried a bit when I saw Rapunzel being so happy about seeing the lanterns. I also let a couple of tears here and there while watching Wrecking Ralph and Megamind.

I approve of all three of these movies and said tears.

winkio

Speaking of Trigun, the very next episode where
Spoiler: ShowHide
Vash is forced to kill Legato.  He's gone through so much pain and taken so many bullets to try to do what he thinks is right, but then it is all for nothing.

Other animes with sad moments:

Stein's Gate
When Okabe talks about the hundreds of times that he has watched Mayuri die, and how he is actually losing his sanity, and turning into the mad scientist he likes to pretend to be

Gurren Lagann
When Kamina dies.  Even though he always makes stupid decisions, he seems invincible.  He's always upbeat and ready to fight, and then out of nowhere, boom he's gone.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
At least half the episodes.  There are so many characters, and pretty much every single one has a tragic backstory.  Also the entire plot is really dark.

R.A.V.S.O

I kinda shed a tear after I realized the videogame implications behind Wreck-it-Ralph,
such as forced to being dummied out, or unable to respawn because of lack of data to load.

also Chrono Cross, the entire game itself is built to break players no matter what you do.
Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Blizzard

I agree, Full Metal Alchemist took quite a few tears from me, too (both Brotherhood and the original).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Holyrapid

Hachiko. 'Nuff said.

Also, the Homeward Bound films as well from what i remember... Especially at the end of the first
when the old dog, Shadow seems like he didn't make it.

Hmm. I think i shed a tear towards the end of FMA:B when
Fu dies
as well. Also towards the start of both FMA series is that one incident. You know the one, right?

Those i remember off the top of my head...

KK20

Quote from: Holyrapid on February 04, 2014, 01:19:40 pm
Hachiko. 'Nuff said.

Hrng...I was gonna post that. Had to watch half of the movie entirely in tears.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

WhiteRose

I thought of another one. The last scene in WALL-E when he gets squished and then EVE rebuilds him but it looks like he lost all of his memories and smashes his treasures. That was so sad. :'(

Taboo

Quote from: WhiteRose on February 06, 2014, 02:24:12 pm
I thought of another one. The last scene in WALL-E when he gets squished and then EVE rebuilds him but it looks like he lost all of his memories and smashes his treasures. That was so sad. :'(

Wait whaaaat? I don't remember that D:

Also, to stay on topic:

The end of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII when
Zack fends off the entire Shinra military force, then gives Cloud the buster sword right before he dies. Even though I knew it was going to happen, seeing Zack, who I had come to see as the epitome of a hero, lying in a pool of his own blood..."You'll be my...living legacy..."  :'(

WhiteRose

Quote from: Taboo on February 08, 2014, 10:29:41 am
Quote from: WhiteRose on February 06, 2014, 02:24:12 pm

Wait whaaaat? I don't remember that D:

It's at the very end. You should watch it again - it's a good movie. I like it. :)

WhiteRose

*legally doubleposts*

They actually deleted this scene from the movie for being too sad and dark for a kid's movie. Sad stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxmT-zQc1GQ

Ranquil

I couldn't help not to cry in Persona 3 when
Chidori gave her life to Junpei.
I'm not really the tipe to cry in movies or games or to fancy this kind of "true love prevails" stuff, but that scene just did something. Strangely I wasn't too shocked when
Shinjiro died
though.
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.