This topic doesn't contain any exaggeration :V

Started by Ranquil, February 07, 2014, 05:32:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranquil

February 07, 2014, 05:32:53 pm Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:52:45 am by Ranquil
Ahem... *clears throat*

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is simply not playable. The game is literally impossible to be played. This is mainly because of three reasons:
1) Doing absolutely anything other than getting hit is impossible. There's no way of doing anything.
2) You can't win online. The possibility of ever winning any match online is even lower than zero percent.
3) You can't get better at the game. If a miracle happens and you actually happen to pass the line of being hit only 99,99999999999999999999999999% of the time, you can never pass this point you have achieved through literally thousands of spent hours. You can only get worse.

Every command in the game, practically even navigating the menus, literally requires superhuman speed, impossible hand-eye-coordination and diamond-hard skin on one's thumb tips. Not to mention that on many occasion the game, with absolutely no other reason than it wanting to be a complete fucktard when it comes to deciphering which buttons are pressed, decides to either intentionally misinterpret which D-buttons are pressed (for example, pressing just Forward may cause the effect of either Forward or Forward-Up because, you know, 1 button = 2 buttons) or decide to intentionally completely disregard the fact that the player has pressed anything at all (pressing any button during the delay time of 5 hours between every last move in the game). Every attack also requires extremely difficult finger maneuvers on the D-pad to produce such sequences as quadra-tapping a button with the maximum time between each button press being half a microsecond.

The reason not losing in online matches is utterly impossible is mainly because of the players. Every possible player in the entire game is either with the rank of Tekken God or True Tekken God (or at least should be if they played Ranked Matches) or a person who uses an extremely cheap character (I'm looking at you Eddy, Christie, Tiger and the Laws) to spam extremely cheap moves 24/7. There are absolutely no fair-playing newbies there because they simply quit after practically just turning the game on, scared of the impossibility of the game.

If you have miraculously passed the level of being hit merely 99,99999999999999999999999999% of the time anymore, you won't get any better. In fact, you'll only get worse. When you previously could do nothing, you can later do less than nothing. When you were previously hit 100% the time, later you will be hit 800% of the time. When you think you're now just completely shit at the game, which is better than you were before, the difficulty spike rises over 9000 levels and you get demoted to a rank that's lower than even that of a used condom. Your hands will then just cramp instead of pushing any buttons and your reaction time will become as fast as that of a sloth. Once you have reached that level, you will never get back anymore.

All in all, the game is pure torture and an exercise in masochism. Playing it, because of constantly making me lose, is seriously starting make me want to cry out of frustration.

...and yet I play this game every day. I think I need therapy @___ò
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

winkio

So the game is hard.  You should probably invest in an arcade stick if you actually want to get good, as that is what the game is designed for.  Other than that, try watching some youtube videos of high level players so that you can try to pick up on what they are doing.

WhiteRose

Deep breaths, Ranquil. Everything will be okay.

Blizzard

Lol, this game really seems to upset you. winkio is right, if you can't learn by trial and error, check out some Youtube videos of killed players. Maybe they are doing something that you didn't think of. Also, it's not impossible that the game isn't balanced well enough so all your attempts are futile. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ranquil

lololol
Just in case someone didn't notice, my message may have contained some self-irony. :D and maybe some exaggeration

Yes, the game is hard. And I like it for that very much.
Too bad the game has this... mechanic with the AI.
If the game starts to think that you're doing a bit too well, which is practically impossible not to do since the AI is normally a complete n00b, the game activates this superdupermegadoubletripleshitstormüberoverdrive mode and starts practically ravaging your anus for at least ten matches straight. It keeps attacking all the time and reading your controller input to avoid, block, counter or parry your attacks accordingly. After it's molested you enough, it then reverts back to normal.
'Cuz, you know, that achieves so much! And certainly keeps the player motivated to play the game! And deeefinitely won't cause any ragequits and broken controllers! :V

The other thing is the D-pad. Maybe it's my controller, maybe it's the PS3 controller, maybe it's the game being super sensitive, but it doesn't work properly. If I press any directional button in a slightly different angle, the game may think I have just pressed that button and a button next to it at the same time. For example, if I press Forward, depending on the angle it may be Forward, Forward-Up or Forward-Down.
It's especially annoying when it happens when I'm trying to run (double-tap Forward) and my character starts jumping forward at a snail's pace instead (Forward-Up). Or when it happens all the time and causes the character to do completely different attacks that usually either cause me to drop a juggle or miss and make me very vulnerable.
And no, I won't buy an arcade stick. Tekken is pretty much the only FG I play and I'm not that hardcore lol. Plus it costs money, something that I don't really have. :D

Oh, btw. Yes, I have been watching videos on how to play. Mainly on how to juggle better lol.

//Yay, now this topic will raise my postcount~
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

G_G

You really just need to practice. I used to play this game all the time with my friends, I've never done an online match but the AI isn't impossible to fight. I think it's a fun game, challenging yes, but definitely fun and not impossible.