Kingdom Hearts: Age of Guardians

Started by Zexion, February 16, 2014, 05:24:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

February 16, 2014, 05:24:17 am Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:41:21 am by Zexion

Spoiler: ShowHide
    Ten years have past since Xehanort's Keyblade War spread darkness across the land. A war where the will of seven guardians of light changed the destiny of the worlds forever. The seven guardians decided to form a world of warriors like them, to serve and protect the order of light. These guardians are trained in combat and ready to defend the worlds at a moments notice. They travel across the lands maintaining the peace in every world.
  In this story, you can take the role of three characters. Choose to go it alone as Aireus, or in a team as Bit and Lilly. Explore several new worlds including selections from the Nintendo, Disney, and Final Fantasy universes. Complete goals for trophies and unlockables in mirage arena.

Unlike my previous attempts at the game, Kingdom Hearts: Age of Guardians is my first real attempt at completing a game. I have goals to meet on a bi-monthly basis. It allows for plenty of slacking off while still maintaining results. I've decided to post this project seeing as how the first two months have been such a huge success. I've completed almost every task so far except the last few.

So as I mentioned before, I have bi-monthly tasks to meet. I will update this list as needed!
January&February: ShowHide
Player HUD
Ally HUD * Need to fix minor hp update error for ally 3.

Enemy HUD * Don't have enemies to test yet XD
Command HUD * All graphics done. Need to implement command system next.
Main Menu
Items Menu

Commands Menu * Might be pushed to another month because I haven't made any "Commands" yet.
Status Menu
Party Menu

Journal Menu
Options Menu * Removed. Options no longer needed.
Save Menu
Load Menu
World Select Menu
Save Points A & B
Character Concept
Character Art

Character Title Art
World Logos * Pushed to later on due to being indecisive on which worlds are included.

KK20 & LittleDrago for Custom Resolution & Various Script Fixes
Terv for Kiss Engine Tutorial
Gameus for Original Wave class
Unknown Author for Screen Blur script

Ranquil

Good luck for the project! You have my support! :)

Just one thing. The map in the second screenshot... Is the shape of the map supposed to be an ellipse or a circle? If the latter, it should be shaped like a circle since a perspective like this doesn't render it to an ellipse unless the sprites get bigger or smaller depending on which side of the map they are. :)
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

WhiteRose

This looks great, Zexion! I really like your idea of having bi-monthly task goals. That's a good way to keep yourself motivated and let people know what to expect from on-going development.

Zexion

Thanks guys!
Quote from: Ranquil on February 16, 2014, 03:09:34 pm
Is the shape of the map supposed to be an ellipse or a circle? If the latter, it should be shaped like a circle since a perspective like this doesn't render it to an ellipse unless the sprites get bigger or smaller depending on which side of the map they are. :)

Well it's supposed to be a circle, but you're right about the perspective thing. I've thought about it before and I mainly shrank it because it was too much space for the player to run across. The whole idea of the map itself is still pretty much under construction though, so nothing is final :P

Quote from: WhiteRose on February 16, 2014, 03:17:30 pm
That's a good way to keep yourself motivated and let people know what to expect from on-going development.

That's actually exactly why I'm doing it!

KK20

It begins...

...and I eagerly await its appearance.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

Took several attempts, but I've (almost) finished the ally HUD.

There is a small problem with the third allies HP not updating at the appropriate time, so I removed the third ally from the startup. Other than that the script currently supports two allies. That's all it needs because you will only use three of the four party members in battle.

Neoend

Hey Zexion it's looking great! You're setting the story after the events of KH3 right?
And hey any chance at a sneak peak on what worlds you're thinking of including?
Hey! if you like webcomics and other fun distractions check out my site:
www.laforix.com

Zexion

Original Post: ShowHide
Quote from: Neoend on February 21, 2014, 07:04:59 pm
Hey Zexion it's looking great! You're setting the story after the events of KH3 right?
And hey any chance at a sneak peak on what worlds you're thinking of including?

Yes and yes :P
I'm only guessing at the moment what kh3 will end like, but either way it has nothing to do with the xehanort saga other than the result. (E.g Terra Aqua Ventus Roxas and Xion comming back or not) I've decided to bring them all back now though haha.

Also, next month I will be deciding on which worlds will actually be in the game. I know that Zelda is a sure thing. Other than that, I'm not 100% on any worlds. Also, I will be posting some screens of the worlds I'm working on next month. Nothing too spoilerish but yeah.

Okay, so it took me a while to plan the main menu out because the way I was doing it before was very inextensible, it would take a lot more script than needed to accomplish anything in that manor. I spent a few days thinking and I realised even the graphics were kinda limiting me by confining me to be exactly like Kingdom Hearts. I decided to re-write and re-do the graphics in a way that both fits the game and allows for me to be very lazy :P
Main Missing Faces: ShowHide

As you can see, there are a lot more features in the menu now. It may seem like added work, and it is, but the script itself is way easier to manage now and everything can be read and edited easily.

Zexion

Legal double post! :P

Okay, so I finally had some time to get working on this again. I updated the first post, and as you can see by my task list, I have completed almost everything from the first two months! The main reason I didn't complete those last few is the lack of a battle system. I can't really design a menu for something that doesn't yet exist XD. Anywho, I am now on to the next two months of tasks. I will update a complete list tomorrow! For now, here are some smaller things I was working on.

A few new graphics: ShowHide

Cool map transition: ShowHide

Snazzy Loading Screen: ShowHide

OH, one last thing! You may have noticed the plethora of random people following me in the screenshots. The game is now COMPLETELY ONLINE! ._. Nah, jk. Good news though, they are from an ABS that I am in the process of editing to my needs. So finally, a battlesystem is in the works!

Okay, last thing for reals. Anyone notice that my project already has 400+ views in a pretty short time o.o power of the heart, okay now -end 3am rambling

WhiteRose

I think the transition screen looks really cool. Can't wait to see the new battle system!

locowhiteknight

Hey Zexion, the project is looking really good so far. Keep up the good work!
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

Zexion

Thanks for the compliments!
I've been working on the design for the castle of guardians, not sure if I like that name for it, but anywho. In the process I wrote out part of the introduction and I think that I might be able to put a pretty decent length demo out by the summer, or near the end of summer. The whole introduction takes place in the castle and has minimal battles. The battles that do occur have small tasks such as using the S button to attack, or learning to scroll through commands, etc. So, even if the battle system is still in progress, a good size demo will probably still be possible. I estimate around 15-30 minutes of gameplay!

For the introduction, the player will be asked to complete their entry exams before they can enter the castle of guardians. They must pass six small tests each held by the masters of the castle, (Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Sora, Riku, Kairi). The exams consist of small puzzles and challenges such as making your way through a maze with flying debris while wearing armour that slows you down to improve strength, to hopping through clouds to improve your speed. Though the players result will always be the same, each character has a different outcome, and this is where the game starts. You will learn about the battle system in the process, but like I said, don't expect any major battles.

KK20

Hype: ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Steady progress still looking good! Looking forward to how you implement your battle system.

Other Projects

Zexion

March 08, 2014, 05:07:20 pm #13 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:51:59 am by Zexion
Original Post:
Heh, I'm actually going to work on it a lot this week :P Unless I make plans or something with friends. As of now though, I am in my cave commencing the hibernation.

Edit 1:
I've been re-doing some of the things I already had done, but looked ugly. One of which was the save point, which I am finally satisfied with. Added some new animations to it, and the player now glows while healing.

Not the most major update, but it's cool. I'm doing a rewrite of the save-file scene which is more than a little messy, and get's unnecessarily complicated in code. It is also, extremely difficult to make any changes to it at the moment which gets annoying. I change one thing and I have to fix tons of errors lol.

Also on the list for tonight, I will be finishing the entrance to the castle which is now (very originally) titled "Castle in the Sky". Afterwards, I will be sketching the next few maps which include the town located below the castle :P I will call it "Town on the Ground". Nah jk, It's unnamed but it will include a few shops, houses with a few familiar/cameo npcs, and *beautiful* (hopefully) scenery. Will also host "the games" which all characters "participate" in before going to the castle. In reality, it will be a few short cutscenes, that show that all 3 main characters are good enough to enter the castle. I will also be drawing the world logo, and the "name logo" that appears the first time you visit a place.

Edit 2:
Alright, I've updated the topic now. It now looks snazzy. Also, finished the logo! (I don't know why I put it off for so long haha.) Everything is starting to look good here in mah little project thread.

WhiteRose

It's looking awesome, Zexion! This is starting to become one of those RMXP games that makes me really impressed with what it's capable of doing. It looks great!

Zexion

Okay, so earlier today, I was messing with the save files because I wanted to change a few small things with it. Mainly, I wanted it to use the same template as the main menu rather than the old version I had before, so I was rewriting it and changing graphics. Somehow, at somepoint, I managed to delete the entire script. ._. I have no idea what the heck I did but it was gone. I checked my dropbox version of the game, which I thought I had done recently, and NO, the earliest one was a few weeks back, and the script was at the point before making edits which fixed some errors in it.

Rather than spending time trying to fix the ugly code, I just decided to rewrite the dang thing. It was quite a set back but it's getting there. I've decided to go for a more PSP type save menu, so that I can call it without worrying how menus will react after using it. I've gotta say, I think I like this more than the original version. No combat updates for tonight, not until I finish the dang save and load scenes. But I did develop a story for the game, which I sent to a few people on different sites to get read and advised. I think it's pretty solid as it allows for fleshing out in several directions. Hopefully I can get back on track soon!

KK20

nuuuuuu....my assistance with your bugged save file has blown away in the wind...

I like that style a lot actually. Someone's been too hard at work lately.
How are your grades? :V:

Other Projects

Zexion

March 11, 2014, 01:26:51 am #17 Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:45:41 pm by Zexion
Original Post: ShowHide
Haha my grades are fine. I'm not exactly going out of my way to get an A, like I should, but I have A's for now lol so no worries. I am also on spring break, so it's all good for this week.

Edited: ShowHide
Okay, so not the most major updates so far, but I made some concept sprites for Bane and Lilly.

[spoiler=Concept Sprites]
[/center]
As you can see, bit (now named bane) has undergone a nice change, and lilly's sprite is now started. Yay, lol.

I also finished working on the new event/script based messaging system. It's a very small edit to dubealex's which lets me justify text to one side, and then I evented the faces/background in.

Messaging System: ShowHide

Edit 2:
I was surfin the net, and then all of the sudden, the reason why I was having animation problems with my battle system hit me. I went to the old evented battle system, and sure enough, it was fixed! Now I can go back to eventing the ABS. YAAAY. Also, I made an example attack while I was at it. Note: The animations look wierd in the video, but they all line up in game.

Zexion

I managed to get mode 7 to work with all my scripts, and with a few edits, even my animation script. I'm thinking about using it in battles and certain worlds for added fun. It's also worth noting that I'm working all this on an old project, just to test things out. I will move it to the current project when I get things at the level I want them.

Gif of Fight: ShowHide

G_G

Awesome fucking job. Can't wait to see it! :3

Zexion

I did a small test battle, and dang was this hard to event lmao.

R.A.V.S.O

hmm I wonder if there's a way to detect the player's facing position so you could force an animation flip while facing right,
(I'm not sure if your system could event this though)

other than the weird direction on the slash animations it's looking good.
Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Zexion

Quote from: R.A.V.S.O on March 16, 2014, 07:25:36 pm
hmm I wonder if there's a way to detect the player's facing position so you could force an animation flip while facing right.

What do you mean by that? Right now, I have it set up so that the player always faces the enemy. However, if you are holding the arrow key down while attacking, you maintain your direction. Sometimes it doesn't work though XD

R.A.V.S.O

well on the vid and gif you placed, whenever you faced to the right (assuming enemy always appears on the right) and attacked, the slash animation is used
however the animation itself is a slash to the left,

the animation is fitting when you face to the left but looks slightly out of place when attacking when facing right, hence why I was suggesting
inverting the animation's direction when facing right, and keeping it normal when facing left, but yeah I'm not sure how you have the battle system set up
so it's up to you,
Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Zexion

Ohhh, when you said slash, I kept thinking you meant the character's actual animation. Yeah I don't really need to change it because the animations will usually be random things like stars and what not, not actual slashes. Thanks for that though because I honestly didn't think of it haha

WhiteRose

Quote from: Zexion on March 16, 2014, 07:21:49 pm
I did a small test battle, and dang was this hard to event lmao.

This looks so awesome! This is really all done with an evented battle system? That's pretty incredible.

Zexion

March 17, 2014, 12:47:13 am #26 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:37:15 pm by Zexion
@rose, Yep! It's pretty fun, even with all of its glitches. Can't just spam attack and if you pay attention you can learn how to avoid his normal attack, but the special one is un-avoidable haha.
I uploaded a demo for anyone interested in trying it. *Link Removed*
The controls are the default rmxp controls.
controls: ShowHide

Scroll through the commands (only two right now) with Q(up) and W(down)
Attack with D.
Use your command with C.

Notes:
Demon's bane also doubles as a small heal right now because i was too lazy to event the third command into the hud for cure. I've tried it a few times and have never won though... sooooo yeah............

Since this is an old project that I picked up to event this in, the HUD is really huge and covers most of the screen lol. The actual game is 1024x576 so the hud will seem a lot smaller.

Also, you can't cast spells while your D-Link is recovering. So use them wiselfy XD

KK20

I see what you mean by glitchy. There's a lot of potential in this, especially for it being done through eventing.

Did using common events help out at all?

Other Projects

Zexion

March 17, 2014, 01:02:55 am #28 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:05:52 am by Zexion
Quote from: KK20 on March 17, 2014, 12:58:17 am
I see what you mean by glitchy. There's a lot of potential in this, especially for it being done through eventing.

Did using common events help out at all?

I haven't actually done that :P I'll try it now
Edit: I just noticed that removing the mode 07 makes it a LOT faster and the glitches are far less

KK20

Other Projects

Zexion

Lol not really an update (although I did do a few things), but I was changing the enemies AI to fix a few things and then this happened:

I don't know why I'm posting it, I just thought it was kinda funny.

KK20

lolwut

Anything screaming obvious to you why its doing that?

Other Projects

Zexion

Yeah I knew what I had done, but it was just funny lol. I had made it check if it was facing right on both the left and right pages. XD

Zexion

March 21, 2014, 12:44:30 pm #33 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:49:54 pm by Zexion
Alright guys, I made another demo. This one is a lot cleaner in its eventing and so most of the bugs from before are now fixed. There is still an occasional bug that completely sequence breaks all the events, but they all fix themselves relatively quickly. The attack bug is gone though and a proper cure spell was added. It's also worth noting that it is now completely rtp independent. Should work for everyone!

Graphics were also added for the enemies health and the HUD was edited. It should also be possible, although still not easy, to kill the enemy XD

Link: Battle System Test

This will be the last battle system demo for a long time. The next demo will be a "Full Game" demo with at least one world  to explore and everything in place.
Edit: Forgot to mention, the old link was removed :P

MetalZelda

Quote from: Zexion on March 19, 2014, 07:23:02 pm
Lol not really an update (although I did do a few things), but I was changing the enemies AI to fix a few things and then this happened:

I don't know why I'm posting it, I just thought it was kinda funny.

Lèl I forgot how to ennemy xD

Btw that's a nice game that you presented here, hope to see more :)

Zexion

Quote from: MetalZelda on March 22, 2014, 08:05:25 am
Lèl I forgot how to ennemy xD
Btw that's a nice game that you presented here, hope to see more :)

XD, that's exactly what I was thinking haha.
Speaking of seeing more, I'm in the process of developing some prototype graphics for the first world. Ignore the crappy-ness as it will all be fixed eventually :P
Can anyone guess what this world will become?

Ranquil

Quote from: Zexion on March 22, 2014, 05:05:15 pmCan anyone guess what this world will become?

A part of the game!?
@w@

In all seriousness though, this is starting to look really great!
I'm just slightly worried about the story because someday KH3 will get released :D
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Zexion

It's not glaringly obvious what it will become, but it is a Disney world and one of the recents.

The story has very little to do with kh3 though so it should be fine. It's more of a continuation after the xehanort saga.

Aegisrox

Amazing work Zexion!!! You always supported me, now it is time to i support you xD

Keeping the good work, can't wait to see it finished :D

Regards ;)

Aegis
Crushing girls in the vanishing point......

Zexion

Thanks for the kind words & support aegis :)

Zexion

Small update. I have created the first custom npc of the game. Her name is Xana. She is based off of a real life friend of mine, whom I promised a spot in the game to.

"She dawns an organization XIII cloak, but why? It is not as it seems. She is not working for the organization, but unfortunately that is all I will say"

Her weapon is still under contstruction, but the design was already drawn and planned years ago lol. I just need to find the sketch of it T.T

Zexion

April 06, 2014, 08:40:58 pm #41 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:10:41 am by Zexion
Latest update: Wonderland!

I've started working on Wonderland tiles. This wonderland is based off of the ABC show rather than the Disney movie, so it will have a different feel and different characters/plot than you would expect!

Zexion

So like, last night KK20 and I were learning how to draw an arc and stuff. He found a script that draws nice arcs, and taught me how to use it. The HUD is now 99% scripted. The only picture is the black border around the hud. Later on I will of course use a ton more pictures for the other parts, but it was cool to be able to have a 100% accurate hud. I've been messing with what he taught me for the past hour, and I've come up with this:

Success! :D

KK20

8) Damage shown is pretty cool. Also managed to hold off animating it until HP doesn't change for a few frames.

I still don't see how the border can adapt to any size HP bar. You say you only need one picture, but the way how I see it you will need to draw that too.
Unless you're just going to go with a full on HP bar like that and break the game's tradition.

Other Projects

Zexion

April 14, 2014, 12:55:11 pm #44 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:25:10 am by Zexion
I just made a definition in window_base "phud_border" that draws an outline depending on the current upgrade level. I have the 10 outlines in pics, but only 1 is ever used at a time, so it works out. Plus I just remembered that I didn't draw the center peice, so i can put that on there as well :b
Edit: I fixed it all completely now :D

Zexion

Okay, so I have been working with my friend Kreiss via skype to create and tweak the KH hud script for our games. Previously, both of us used an older version which relied on pictures and wasn't accurate at all.
Eg. 10 total pictures that hold 5 hp each. If you loose 3 hp it wouldn't change.
Thanks to kk20, I was able to use a script made by whiteflute to draw the hud almost entirely from script.
This isn't final just yet, as i have some things I want to add, but it is very close to being done.

It even has different faces (normal, attacked, lowhp), mp recharge, flow damage, and hp alerts (not really visible in gif).

WhiteRose

The HUD looks fantastic, Zexion! Really impressive. Probably one of the best that I've ever seen for an action RMXP game, as far as being fluid, readable, and unique.

Zexion

Thanks rose :)
I forgot to mention the best part! With this I went from using 180+ pictures to using 2. Which i the best part in my opinion xD

Zexion

Just about finished the item menu. I finished the hardest part, now all that's left is the final touch.
It has 4 tabs for different types of items, and an "All" tab for all items.

Here's a gif of it in action. I made a "Light" class for the little ball so i can use it on other menus easily :D

Ranquil

I'm speechless.

It looks so cool! ;ooo

KK20

Even though I already told you that this is very impressive in Skype, I just wanted to point out that I like how you made the "light" drift to the next highlighted option rather than Instant Transmission Goku.

Other Projects

Zexion

Quote from: Ranquil on April 28, 2014, 08:53:08 pm
I'm speechless.
It looks so cool! ;ooo

Quote from: KK20 on April 29, 2014, 01:12:18 am
Even though I already told you that this is very impressive in Skype, I just wanted to point out that I like how you made the "light" drift to the next highlighted option rather than Instant Transmission Goku.

Thanks guys :D I worked quite a bit on getting the little light effect looking good.

Quote from: KK20 on April 29, 2014, 01:12:18 am
Instant Transmission Goku.

:rofl:

locowhiteknight

I agree, your menu effects look pretty freakin sweet.
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

Zexion

Today I post my first of the Character Art.
Portrait: ShowHide

I know the image is not perfect, but it is my best.
The character has undergone many design changes and whatnot,
but I am finally satisfied with the look.
Now, about his name,
originally named Jieo, later named Aireus and Bane, I have settled on a
name that is permanent in memory of my dog that just died today, Bruce.
Map Sprite: ShowHide

Ranquil

Dem sprites! They look awesome!
The mugshot is colored really well and I like the ear :D The facial shape and the nose seem a bit off to me though.

Also, sorry about your dog :(

Magus

I'm a big kingdom hearts fan. This is looking really well done. Very obvious that you're putting a lot of work into it. Keep it up;
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Zexion

Thanks you two :]

Also, thanks for the critique ranquil.

Just as a heads up, I am done with school after the exam in a couple of hours. That means I can spend some more time working on this and not worrying about homework or other passtimes. I've been working a lot on mirage arena because it will have tons of content. Including ally controlled party memebers from across the worlds and familiar bosses to fight. It will also have a board game that I will make into a Single-Controller-Turn-Based type game. It will be like mario party, collect a certain number of coins to buy crowns at the end, the person with the most crowns wins ... ! There will be bonuses and map games that I will think of eventually :P
I want mirage arena to be fun :]

Zexion

May 17, 2014, 08:06:45 am #57 Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:12:47 am by Zexion
If you haven't been on the skype chat lately, you definately do not know of my latest mini-project. Since I can now port-forward, I've started a small mini-game project. I want to play it with a couple of friends and have it as a side-game for whoever wants to play it. I figure that i finally made enough progress to show it off on the forums.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some of the newer small modifications I've done to rmxos.
Name Sprite: ShowHide

Displays above the other player's heads. Not your own.
Names are Different Colors:
White - Player
Silver - Mod
Gold-Admin/Owner

Chat Text: ShowHide

Now appears without the black frame.
Appears directly above your head on your screen,
and above your name sprite on the other screens.

Edit: Btw, the kk20 in those pictures is an imposter kk20. it is me in disguise! :b

KK20

You cannot prove nor deny that.
...but yeah, that's not me :[

Still getting pretty good at editing the system. Can't wait to testplay~

Other Projects

Zexion

It's been a while since I last updated this game. I haven't actually worked much on the game itself, but I am getting ready to start working on it again soon!
In the mean time, I've decided to start making all the background music that will be used in the game by myself using mixcraft. So I figured I'd post the first song that would be heard in the game.
The titlescreen music!
Dearly Beloved II - Kingdom Hearts: Age of Guardians

Zexion

Alright, so I'm getting back to this now :]
Just about finished the titlescreen! Don't know why the quality is only 360p. I recorded it the same as always o.o

All music in this is done by me :3

Info:
  • The titlescreen/intro is completely scripted. No events at all :D
  • Background and selection colors change depending on the last character you used to create a save file
  • Characters in the titlescreen are not final at all. They are placeholders for the real characters of the game.

Ranquil

Zexion

WhiteRose

The title screen is awesome! :D Great work, Zexion!

Zexion

Dark_Kyu09

:o Oh my... You, sir, are badass. That is one amazing title screen, totally capturing the Kingdom Hearts feel.

Now you just make me feel more excited for the game! :)
Never give up your dreams, keep moving on until you make it happen.

Zexion

July 24, 2014, 05:46:14 am #66 Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:49:45 am by Zexion
Post on July 24th: ShowHide
So I dunno if I already said this, but I do want to remake any music that goes into the game. As to avoid the copyright issues as much as possible. I've done 2 or 3 tracks and really only do them when I need a song or feel inspired. Working on this song: L'Impeto Oscuro

Also, I've started the sprites for the main characters already, so hopefully I can start eventing the intro soon :D

So, I've been reworking the story as to rid it of the excess filler that it had before. Also because I had an epiphany a while back. I've managed to tie all of the latest movies into a storyline, so you can expect completely new worlds, unlike those seen in Kingdom Hearts before. There are some of the same characters, but they've all been reincarnated in their new movie versions. There are a total of 5 new story worlds, with an additional 2 "Kingdom Hearts" worlds.
Preview: ShowHide

MetalZelda

k Zexion, here's the deal :
If you cancel dem game, i promise i'll cry like a baby and i'm gonna find you and kill u :p ...

This looks as promising as having a date with a lady !

Zexion

Lol, I'm not canceling it I just haven't done much in a while ._.

MetalZelda

Quote from: Zexion on August 27, 2014, 07:45:10 pm
Lol, I'm not canceling it I just haven't done much in a while ._.

No but it looks very promising  :haha:
There's not a lot of Kingdom heart games as far as i can tell, this one is definately one of the game i wanna play.

Zexion

Quote from: MetalZelda on August 28, 2014, 08:02:54 am
No but it looks very promising  :haha:
There's not a lot of Kingdom heart games as far as i can tell, this one is definately one of the game i wanna play.

That's good to hear! I promised that I wouldn't cancel this one, so I wont. I've already finished the introduction maps it's mainly the sprites for cutscenes and the first battle sequence that prevents me from having something to show >.>
Also, from what I've been learning I think I can finally finish the commands system I have been putting off ._.

Ranquil

;___;

It's a shame this game won't be finished. TT___TT

Zexion

Lobstrosity

Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Ranquil

Spaceman McConaughey

Attention whore.

Stay the fuck out.

:V:

u kno i luv u

Zexion

So liek update, kinda a good one. Finally made a command system. Commands hold tons of information like exp, levels, damage stats, cooldown time, etc. Basically this is the system from birth by sleep. Eventually I will also add data that will allow them to be combined.
Now some pictures to explain what I mean, for those that don't know.

Here you can see that there are four slots available.
  • In beginner mode you start with 4 unlocked, and unlock up to 7 slots through story mode.
  • In normal/proud mode you start with 3 unlocked, and unlock up to 7 slots through story mode.
  • In critical mode you start with 1 unlocked, and unlock up to 4 slots through story mode.

Most people who know kingdom hearts, know that these slots hold anything that can be of use in battle. Spells, Attacks, Items, Etc.
Here you see some examples of what can be held in the slots.
  • Attacks/Spells can gain experience from killing enemies. Experience is calculated per command, so a "blitz" attack will have different rates from the "Flame Wheel".

• These "combat" commands can have varying max levels. (items show current stock)
  • With each level, the cooldown time is reduced, and the command becomes a tiny bit stronger.
  • As a result, healing spells, and defensive combat will have slower rates.
  • Once max level is reached, they can be used in command synthesis. (Which I will explain at a later date haha)

Blizzard

Does this mean you're not leaving? :O
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

Things have settled down quite a bit. I was just in a bad place, and I guess I just didn't know how to handle it. To be honest, i don't even remember what happened during that week ._.

SO...yes, mostly

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

whitespirits

Ranquil

WhiteRose

Quote from: Zexion on October 13, 2014, 04:56:49 am
Things have settled down quite a bit. I was just in a bad place, and I guess I just didn't know how to handle it. To be honest, i don't even remember what happened during that week ._.

SO...yes, mostly

:D

Also, the updates look great!

Zexion

October 14, 2014, 04:43:02 pm #83 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:16:38 pm by Zexion
Lol, thanks guys :D
Edit: The next update will show/explain the abilities system that I'm working on. Then I'll work on passing all these things to the battle system, and that'll get stuff movin' :d

noixez

Born to destroy KK20

G_G

Glad you're still working on this. :3 Can't wait to see a demo Zexion.

noixez

Born to destroy KK20

Zexion

So, kk20 will probably palmface when he sees this post, but i just couldn't even contain. Like I jus can't

Yay for combos and hitboxes :D

G_G

Still using Blizz-ABS? Or are you switching to your own system?

Zexion

I decided to make my own. It's basically the event version cleaned up quite a bit and put into a different scene altogether. It's been...a learning experience, to say the least.

G_G

Good! Glad to see you're expanding yourself beyond what you're used to. :3

KK20

Yeah, he's recycling the Tower of Paragon system while adding his own features. It'll definitely be one heck of a learning experience for him coding-wise (trying to get him to refer to the Help File more :P). And I'm all the willing to help make this system happen.

It might be good practice to change the player's bodybox (idk what to call it) to a different color.

Other Projects

Zexion

I was working on the chat system:
Fancy Chat System: ShowHide

MetalZelda

God it looks gorgeous.
Waiting for a demo or maybe a trailer

Zexion

I'll post what i put on rmrk.
Well I'm going to do A LOT this winter break. If I stick to my plans, I will accomplish more during this upcoming break than I've ever done before. I don't want to make any promises that I can't keep, but it is very possible that a short demo (at least 1 world in length) will be ready at the end of the break (january 1st-ish). Which is horrible timing, I know, but it will be the first official demo release.

Zexion

So, I've been working on the world map for the past few days and I realised that there is a whole part to this game that some people might genuinely enjoy. That would be, the Gummi Ship battles.
I personally never liked the gummi ship battles, so I had no intention of adding them at all. Some people might like them though, so I want to see if it was like...important to anyone.
A video for anyone who is curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lstN_bvS2lU

KK20

Yeah, that just seems like a distraction from the actual game--like a mini-game but is forced upon you to play it just to continue with the actual game. It's a concept that I'm not terribly fond of (totally okay if the mini-game doesn't have to be completed in order to progress though).

Just let people play Kid Icarus to get their fix. It wouldn't even look good on RPG Maker anyways :P

Other Projects

Zexion

December 27, 2014, 02:47:13 pm #97 Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:49:45 pm by Zexion
New character y'all. Also, battle system was sort of re-done with proper hitboxing. KK20 taught me the ways of the hitcube. I don't have gifs because I'm lazy this time.

That new character tho

Zexion

Update on graphics y'all. Today I experimented with making a new "tile". The tile basically consists of two textures and is shaped as an isometric cube. I've decided to go with this style for several reasons, the main reason being that it is, visually, more attractive. My experimenting was mainly to find whether this style was actually worth the trouble and time.

Here are the results.
Tile:

Example image (recolored for water lol)

So, the total time it took me to make the tile was around 1:30 hrs. Mainly because I had no idea where I was going with this at first. The results are pretty good if you ask me. One tile is able to make a decent map in a few minutes, so I think that it would be worth the time.

Notes: This tile is just an example. The final product would be perfectly tiled by all angles and of course have variations so that it is not so grid like.
I realize the bloom is way intense in the screenie xD I'll tone it down in the actual game.
New sprite for serenity, final design.