Kingdom Hearts: Age of Guardians

Started by Zexion, February 16, 2014, 05:24:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

I did a small test battle, and dang was this hard to event lmao.

R.A.V.S.O

hmm I wonder if there's a way to detect the player's facing position so you could force an animation flip while facing right,
(I'm not sure if your system could event this though)

other than the weird direction on the slash animations it's looking good.
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Zexion

Quote from: R.A.V.S.O on March 16, 2014, 07:25:36 pm
hmm I wonder if there's a way to detect the player's facing position so you could force an animation flip while facing right.

What do you mean by that? Right now, I have it set up so that the player always faces the enemy. However, if you are holding the arrow key down while attacking, you maintain your direction. Sometimes it doesn't work though XD

R.A.V.S.O

well on the vid and gif you placed, whenever you faced to the right (assuming enemy always appears on the right) and attacked, the slash animation is used
however the animation itself is a slash to the left,

the animation is fitting when you face to the left but looks slightly out of place when attacking when facing right, hence why I was suggesting
inverting the animation's direction when facing right, and keeping it normal when facing left, but yeah I'm not sure how you have the battle system set up
so it's up to you,
Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Zexion

Ohhh, when you said slash, I kept thinking you meant the character's actual animation. Yeah I don't really need to change it because the animations will usually be random things like stars and what not, not actual slashes. Thanks for that though because I honestly didn't think of it haha

WhiteRose

Quote from: Zexion on March 16, 2014, 07:21:49 pm
I did a small test battle, and dang was this hard to event lmao.

This looks so awesome! This is really all done with an evented battle system? That's pretty incredible.

Zexion

March 17, 2014, 12:47:13 am #26 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:37:15 pm by Zexion
@rose, Yep! It's pretty fun, even with all of its glitches. Can't just spam attack and if you pay attention you can learn how to avoid his normal attack, but the special one is un-avoidable haha.
I uploaded a demo for anyone interested in trying it. *Link Removed*
The controls are the default rmxp controls.
controls: ShowHide

Scroll through the commands (only two right now) with Q(up) and W(down)
Attack with D.
Use your command with C.

Notes:
Demon's bane also doubles as a small heal right now because i was too lazy to event the third command into the hud for cure. I've tried it a few times and have never won though... sooooo yeah............

Since this is an old project that I picked up to event this in, the HUD is really huge and covers most of the screen lol. The actual game is 1024x576 so the hud will seem a lot smaller.

Also, you can't cast spells while your D-Link is recovering. So use them wiselfy XD

KK20

I see what you mean by glitchy. There's a lot of potential in this, especially for it being done through eventing.

Did using common events help out at all?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

March 17, 2014, 01:02:55 am #28 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:05:52 am by Zexion
Quote from: KK20 on March 17, 2014, 12:58:17 am
I see what you mean by glitchy. There's a lot of potential in this, especially for it being done through eventing.

Did using common events help out at all?

I haven't actually done that :P I'll try it now
Edit: I just noticed that removing the mode 07 makes it a LOT faster and the glitches are far less

KK20

Other Projects

Zexion

Lol not really an update (although I did do a few things), but I was changing the enemies AI to fix a few things and then this happened:

I don't know why I'm posting it, I just thought it was kinda funny.

KK20

lolwut

Anything screaming obvious to you why its doing that?

Other Projects

Zexion

Yeah I knew what I had done, but it was just funny lol. I had made it check if it was facing right on both the left and right pages. XD

Zexion

March 21, 2014, 12:44:30 pm #33 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:49:54 pm by Zexion
Alright guys, I made another demo. This one is a lot cleaner in its eventing and so most of the bugs from before are now fixed. There is still an occasional bug that completely sequence breaks all the events, but they all fix themselves relatively quickly. The attack bug is gone though and a proper cure spell was added. It's also worth noting that it is now completely rtp independent. Should work for everyone!

Graphics were also added for the enemies health and the HUD was edited. It should also be possible, although still not easy, to kill the enemy XD

Link: Battle System Test

This will be the last battle system demo for a long time. The next demo will be a "Full Game" demo with at least one world  to explore and everything in place.
Edit: Forgot to mention, the old link was removed :P

MetalZelda

Quote from: Zexion on March 19, 2014, 07:23:02 pm
Lol not really an update (although I did do a few things), but I was changing the enemies AI to fix a few things and then this happened:

I don't know why I'm posting it, I just thought it was kinda funny.

Lèl I forgot how to ennemy xD

Btw that's a nice game that you presented here, hope to see more :)

Zexion

Quote from: MetalZelda on March 22, 2014, 08:05:25 am
Lèl I forgot how to ennemy xD
Btw that's a nice game that you presented here, hope to see more :)

XD, that's exactly what I was thinking haha.
Speaking of seeing more, I'm in the process of developing some prototype graphics for the first world. Ignore the crappy-ness as it will all be fixed eventually :P
Can anyone guess what this world will become?

Ranquil

Quote from: Zexion on March 22, 2014, 05:05:15 pmCan anyone guess what this world will become?

A part of the game!?
@w@

In all seriousness though, this is starting to look really great!
I'm just slightly worried about the story because someday KH3 will get released :D
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Zexion

It's not glaringly obvious what it will become, but it is a Disney world and one of the recents.

The story has very little to do with kh3 though so it should be fine. It's more of a continuation after the xehanort saga.

Aegisrox

Amazing work Zexion!!! You always supported me, now it is time to i support you xD

Keeping the good work, can't wait to see it finished :D

Regards ;)

Aegis
Crushing girls in the vanishing point......

Zexion

Thanks for the kind words & support aegis :)