Kingdom Hearts: Age of Guardians

Started by Zexion, February 16, 2014, 05:24:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

Small update. I have created the first custom npc of the game. Her name is Xana. She is based off of a real life friend of mine, whom I promised a spot in the game to.
Spoiler: ShowHide

"She dawns an organization XIII cloak, but why? It is not as it seems. She is not working for the organization, but unfortunately that is all I will say"

Her weapon is still under contstruction, but the design was already drawn and planned years ago lol. I just need to find the sketch of it T.T

Zexion

April 06, 2014, 08:40:58 pm #41 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:10:41 am by Zexion
Latest update: Wonderland!

I've started working on Wonderland tiles. This wonderland is based off of the ABC show rather than the Disney movie, so it will have a different feel and different characters/plot than you would expect!

Zexion

So like, last night KK20 and I were learning how to draw an arc and stuff. He found a script that draws nice arcs, and taught me how to use it. The HUD is now 99% scripted. The only picture is the black border around the hud. Later on I will of course use a ton more pictures for the other parts, but it was cool to be able to have a 100% accurate hud. I've been messing with what he taught me for the past hour, and I've come up with this:

Success! :D

KK20

8) Damage shown is pretty cool. Also managed to hold off animating it until HP doesn't change for a few frames.

I still don't see how the border can adapt to any size HP bar. You say you only need one picture, but the way how I see it you will need to draw that too.
Unless you're just going to go with a full on HP bar like that and break the game's tradition.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

April 14, 2014, 12:55:11 pm #44 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:25:10 am by Zexion
I just made a definition in window_base "phud_border" that draws an outline depending on the current upgrade level. I have the 10 outlines in pics, but only 1 is ever used at a time, so it works out. Plus I just remembered that I didn't draw the center peice, so i can put that on there as well :b
Edit: I fixed it all completely now :D

Zexion

Okay, so I have been working with my friend Kreiss via skype to create and tweak the KH hud script for our games. Previously, both of us used an older version which relied on pictures and wasn't accurate at all.
Eg. 10 total pictures that hold 5 hp each. If you loose 3 hp it wouldn't change.
Thanks to kk20, I was able to use a script made by whiteflute to draw the hud almost entirely from script.
This isn't final just yet, as i have some things I want to add, but it is very close to being done.

It even has different faces (normal, attacked, lowhp), mp recharge, flow damage, and hp alerts (not really visible in gif).

WhiteRose

The HUD looks fantastic, Zexion! Really impressive. Probably one of the best that I've ever seen for an action RMXP game, as far as being fluid, readable, and unique.

Zexion

Thanks rose :)
I forgot to mention the best part! With this I went from using 180+ pictures to using 2. Which i the best part in my opinion xD

Zexion

Just about finished the item menu. I finished the hardest part, now all that's left is the final touch.
It has 4 tabs for different types of items, and an "All" tab for all items.

Here's a gif of it in action. I made a "Light" class for the little ball so i can use it on other menus easily :D

Ranquil

I'm speechless.

It looks so cool! ;ooo
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

KK20

Even though I already told you that this is very impressive in Skype, I just wanted to point out that I like how you made the "light" drift to the next highlighted option rather than Instant Transmission Goku.

Other Projects

Zexion

Quote from: Ranquil on April 28, 2014, 08:53:08 pm
I'm speechless.
It looks so cool! ;ooo

Quote from: KK20 on April 29, 2014, 01:12:18 am
Even though I already told you that this is very impressive in Skype, I just wanted to point out that I like how you made the "light" drift to the next highlighted option rather than Instant Transmission Goku.

Thanks guys :D I worked quite a bit on getting the little light effect looking good.

Quote from: KK20 on April 29, 2014, 01:12:18 am
Instant Transmission Goku.

:rofl:

locowhiteknight

I agree, your menu effects look pretty freakin sweet.
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

Zexion

Today I post my first of the Character Art.
Portrait: ShowHide

I know the image is not perfect, but it is my best.
The character has undergone many design changes and whatnot,
but I am finally satisfied with the look.
Now, about his name,
originally named Jieo, later named Aireus and Bane, I have settled on a
name that is permanent in memory of my dog that just died today, Bruce.
Map Sprite: ShowHide

Ranquil

Dem sprites! They look awesome!
The mugshot is colored really well and I like the ear :D The facial shape and the nose seem a bit off to me though.

Also, sorry about your dog :(
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Magus

I'm a big kingdom hearts fan. This is looking really well done. Very obvious that you're putting a lot of work into it. Keep it up;
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Zexion

Thanks you two :]

Also, thanks for the critique ranquil.

Just as a heads up, I am done with school after the exam in a couple of hours. That means I can spend some more time working on this and not worrying about homework or other passtimes. I've been working a lot on mirage arena because it will have tons of content. Including ally controlled party memebers from across the worlds and familiar bosses to fight. It will also have a board game that I will make into a Single-Controller-Turn-Based type game. It will be like mario party, collect a certain number of coins to buy crowns at the end, the person with the most crowns wins ... ! There will be bonuses and map games that I will think of eventually :P
I want mirage arena to be fun :]

Zexion

May 17, 2014, 08:06:45 am #57 Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:12:47 am by Zexion
If you haven't been on the skype chat lately, you definately do not know of my latest mini-project. Since I can now port-forward, I've started a small mini-game project. I want to play it with a couple of friends and have it as a side-game for whoever wants to play it. I figure that i finally made enough progress to show it off on the forums.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some of the newer small modifications I've done to rmxos.
Name Sprite: ShowHide

Displays above the other player's heads. Not your own.
Names are Different Colors:
White - Player
Silver - Mod
Gold-Admin/Owner

Chat Text: ShowHide

Now appears without the black frame.
Appears directly above your head on your screen,
and above your name sprite on the other screens.

Edit: Btw, the kk20 in those pictures is an imposter kk20. it is me in disguise! :b

KK20

You cannot prove nor deny that.
...but yeah, that's not me :[

Still getting pretty good at editing the system. Can't wait to testplay~

Other Projects

Zexion

It's been a while since I last updated this game. I haven't actually worked much on the game itself, but I am getting ready to start working on it again soon!
In the mean time, I've decided to start making all the background music that will be used in the game by myself using mixcraft. So I figured I'd post the first song that would be heard in the game.
The titlescreen music!
Dearly Beloved II - Kingdom Hearts: Age of Guardians