Death on the map.

Started by Zexion, March 01, 2014, 06:54:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

Why can't I die on the map? I put an event to lower my hp by one on parallel process and it always stops at one. Even if I use a script call instead of the event call. Is there a script protecting mah life?

R.A.V.S.O

couldn't you just make it so that when it checks your HP if it's already on 1, to instantly give you KO'ed status?
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

WhiteRose

I think that it's set up to not let you die; I'd probably go with RAVSO's idea. Just have it kill the player if their HP is already 1.

ForeverZer0

Just have your event check if hp is 1 or will be less than one after removing hp, then game over if it will be, otherwise just remove hp.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Zexion

winkio

Did you check the box at the bottom of the event command that says "allow knockout in battle" ?  Because if you did, it should work, even on the map with nothing extra.

Zexion

Yeah I did, but it didn't work :s The best thing is just to call the gameover scene when only one hp is left. Though, atm, I am trying to figure out how I am going to go about this whole abs situation. My evented one is running into problems with the animations, so I might have to scrap it D:

Seltzer Cole

Quote from: Zexion on March 01, 2014, 11:47:30 pm
Yeah I did, but it didn't work :s The best thing is just to call the gameover scene when only one hp is left. Though, atm, I am trying to figure out how I am going to go about this whole abs situation. My evented one is running into problems with the animations, so I might have to scrap it D:

Your own evented abs? You have a demo?
You know you play video games to much when you put sunglasses on and whisper "Plus 10 Appearance"

If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

Zexion

Quote from: Seltzer Cole on March 03, 2014, 01:04:10 am
Quote from: Zexion on March 01, 2014, 11:47:30 pm

Your own evented abs? You have a demo?

I can give you the demo, but I stopped working on it when I realised that the animations will always play in the wrong order unless the button is pressed at a VERY specific time lol. If you still want it, pm me.