Bravely Default

Started by tSwitch, March 08, 2014, 08:12:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tSwitch

Has anyone here played it yet?  I'm about 7 hours in.

It's a really good classic-style RPG.  Hits the minmaxing craving hard, but leaves a lot to be desired from the characters.  That said, I'm greatly enjoying it.

If y'all have it, we should add each other for Ablink.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

WhiteRose

I tried out the demo the other day. I'm not really into the current trend of every game implementing gimmicky social mini-games, but even though BD has one, it looks like it does a pretty good job of keeping it out of the way and being far from mandatory. Also, with that said, the combat system is fantastic. It's what you'd expect from one of the "golden age" SNES RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Lufia, and (most similarly) Final Fantasy, complete with a job system that looks really similar to FFV.

If it wasn't for the price, I'd definitely pick it up and give it a go. College is hitting my wallet pretty hard recently, (there's a whole rant behind that, but it's for another time) so I don't have $40 to spare. Maybe in a few months when the cost has gone down a little bit, I'll pick up a copy. It looks like a fantastic game, and I've heard a ton of great things about it!

tSwitch

The building minigame is actually very well implemented and transient.  You streetpass people, they show up in your summon list and as people in your town, and you can use them to rebuild it.  The game does everything over time, and it lets you get powerful equipment from the savepoint vendors.  It is a bit gimmicky, but it fits well into the plot, and I like the sense of progression it gives.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr