South Park: The Stick of Truth

Started by Taboo, March 10, 2014, 01:44:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Taboo

TLDR: If you're a fan of South Park, this game is a must play. If not, you may find this game too offensive or vulgar to enjoy.

I honestly don't know where to begin with this game. I'm a HUGE fan of South Park, and I have been eagerly awaiting this game since it was announced a few years ago. After completing it, I can honestly say that I am satisfied. I'll preempt this by saying that my ONE complaint with the game, was it's length. My first playthrough, on normal difficulty, has a total play time of 10 hours 22 seconds. This is quite short for an rpg. Now, the game wasn't all that difficult, and by endgame I was comboing skills and abilities to clear the entire field in two turns or less, provided there were at least 3 enemies. Bosses gave me a little trouble. The combat itself was very reminiscent of Paper Mario. The story was incredible! The cutscenes literally feel like you're watching the show. It had me laughing out loud or shaking my head in amazement many times. The things they got away with in this game include but are not limited to(SPOILER ALERT) :
Spoiler: ShowHide
 Nazi zombie fetuses, crawling inside of a gay man's rectum to deactivate a nuke, anal probing by aliens, and fighting underwear stealing gnomes on your parent's bed while they have wild sex, but hey, that's South Park.

Blizzard

You already finished it? I'm finishing up Lords of Shadow 2 these days and The Stick of Truth was next on my list of games too play. Thanks for the heads up on playtime. I expected a 30+ hours game so I was going to put it off for a while. But if it's that short, I'll probably get it much sooner.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Taboo

Yeah, I got it friday night and I've already beaten it twice. However, I have not gotten all of the collectibles on either playthrough. Just be careful because there are, in fact, missable collectibles.

G_G

Loving the game so far. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be that great, but I was wrong. Despite the lame, stupid humor South Park has always had, I've always enjoyed it. The game definitely picks up on the show's humor.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: gameus on March 10, 2014, 11:20:54 am
Despite the lame, stupid humor South Park has always had

I dunno about that. It's easily one of the smartest comedies on TV.

Blizzard

I only saw that 15 minutes video from the beginning of the game, but I was already hooked.

I like South Park's humor, because it goes to ridiculous lengths. It almost makes fun of itself.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on March 10, 2014, 02:20:03 pm
Quote from: gameus on March 10, 2014, 11:20:54 am
Despite the lame, stupid humor South Park has always had

I dunno about that. It's easily one of the smartest comedies on TV.

I agree, but I was more referring to how everybody who hates it refers to it. And even I do think sometimes that South Park gets dull, but I still appreciate it. But only a few episodes were blah to me, other than that, it's always kept me entertained.

Spaceman McConaughey

Blizzard

R.A.V.S.O

I'd love to play it, but it'll have to wait, hopefully I'll have a chance to get it when steam gets a discount
Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Taboo

Quote from: R.A.V.S.O on March 10, 2014, 03:13:14 pm
I'd love to play it, but it'll have to wait, hopefully I'll have a chance to get it when steam gets a discount

You know...until you get the money to pay for it, there are other ways to play it. That's what I generally do.

Ryex

Waht!? how dare you! Blinx would never stoop so low as to use unscrupulous methods like those!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Ryex on March 10, 2014, 04:25:41 pm
Waht!? how dare you! Blinx would never stoop so low as to use unscrupulous methods like those!

OH REALLY NOW?

Ryex

Don't do it! there is no going back if you do! you'll forever be branded a copyright infringer!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Spaceman McConaughey

* Colonel Blinx rips off his own shirt, falls down on knees, yells "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUG!" at the top of his lungs

You're right.

Blizzard

R.A.V.S.O

a part of me is itching to start singing "you are a pirate" over and over and OVER again.
Personality Test results

G_G

R.A.V.S.O

that vid needs a software update so bad XD
Personality Test results

PhoenixFire

lmfao... I'm kinda still waiting for someone to re-do it all 3D and polished looking lmao
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?