Holy Cheeto Christ

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, March 14, 2014, 07:32:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

March 14, 2014, 07:32:29 pm Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:34:28 pm by Colonel Blinx
Have you ever watched something on Cartoon Network and thought, "Holy shit, how did something this mature ever make it on this channel?"

I'm watching The Clone Wars on Netflix right now, and holy fucking shit: this show is violent, and very dark.
It definitely fools you with the first episodes, but once you get into it... damn. Looking at it now, I'm very surprised this show was on CN, and not some other channel more suited to it.

EDIT:
Not that I have a problem with that, though. In fact, I LOVE this show as it is.

Spaceman McConaughey

* Colonel Blinx double posts

Just uploaded a scene I wanted to find from the show, but couldn't, since nobody uploaded it before:

IT'S SO DISTURBINGLY BEAUTIFUL.

Blizzard

March 16, 2014, 04:44:47 am #2 Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 04:45:53 am by Blizzard
Weeeeeeeell, I wouldn't say it's not appropriate for kids. Well, maybe not for a 7 year old, but I don't really see no problem about a 12-or-so year old watching that. I think it takes away a bit that it's animated (and quite beautifully I must say).

Also lol, I gotta admit that I would totally like to watch that show now. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

I've never been able to get into this show, I guess mainly because I have never seen all the starwars movies lol, (only Reveng of the Sith) but this show has nice visuals and story that keeps me entertained while I watch. (Even with my little knowlege)
Off-Topic-ish
Spoiler: ShowHide
They show this on the CW too, unless they've taken it off since last I saw it. The CW is a non-cable channel, which is awesome. It actually has some good childhood kids shows on saturday mourning, and random things like this at night. The saturday mourning line-up consists of the first Yu-gi-oh series, Justice League, and DBZ, and some other crap. I don't watch it often, but whenever I'm up and bored.

Blizzard

Yeah, technically Yu-Gi-Oh! and DBZ aren't exactly what you would call kid shows either.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Totally gonna start watching this show now. It didn't seem like my style, but this scene says otherwise. Thanks for the share Branden. Also Yu-Gi-Oh is awesome for the first couple of seasons IMO.

R.A.V.S.O

If you thought that was dark, try the Cad-Bane torture scene where he attempts to torture a Jedi for information on-screen

The Jedi dies, apparently fried his brain or something.
Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Spaceman McConaughey

March 16, 2014, 03:36:55 pm #7 Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:38:19 pm by Colonel Blinx
Quote from: Blizzard on March 16, 2014, 04:44:47 am
Weeeeeeeell, I wouldn't say it's not appropriate for kids. Well, maybe not for a 7 year old, but I don't really see no problem about a 12-or-so year old watching that. I think it takes away a bit that it's animated (and quite beautifully I must say).

Oh, that was just an example of the disturbing side of the show.
The violence (and there's plenty, and it can get graphic) is what the kiddies should avoid. :D

Quote from: gameus on March 16, 2014, 11:36:21 am
Totally gonna start watching this show now. It didn't seem like my style, but this scene says otherwise. Thanks for the share Branden. Also Yu-Gi-Oh is awesome for the first couple of seasons IMO.

u welcum babby