[XP] Blizz-ABS all events become impassable

Started by tsuchiphox, April 21, 2024, 10:46:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tsuchiphox

My game often uses puzzles where you press a switch and events turn into platforms by changing their sprite to part of the tileset, you'd then be able to walk on the events like they were part of the map. it works without Blizz-ABS, but once i added the scripts in, all of these platforms broke and are now impassible regardless of the tile's passability. Is there some sort of option for this in the config that i'm just not seeing/understanding or is this an inherent feature of Blizz-ABS? Can it be fixed or should i find another way to do activating platforms?

None of the other scripts i'm using have baring on the passability of events, i've tested removing certain ones and none of them change anything other than Blizz-ABS.
hhghjfjghlkgfdhklfg

KK20

I think the problem has to do with the cached map passibility. This is done so mainly for the minimap and potentially the AI.
    # passable if virtual passability works
    return true if ($game_map.virtual_passability[x / pix, y / pix] & bit != 0x00)

If you want to try and debug it yourself, look at the methods self_passable?, direction_passable?, event_check, and tile_check in BABS Part 2.

I'm not aware of an alternative solution for this other than making a duplicate map with the platforms.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!